Carbs?

Katy87

Hi some of my friends are worried iI'm it getting carbs with my new diet and excerxise. I have been feeling a bit sick and tirerd and ache everywhere. But I think it's just the transition to the new way of eating and keeping fit. Should I try and eat carbs everyday? What and how much?

Do you use myfitnesspal? It's a phone app and also a web site for tracking your food etc..

Primal says eating between 50-100g carbs s good for weight loss.. Eating 100-150g is maintenance eating over 150g carbs is for putting weight on ..

So If your eating plenty salad, vegetables, including sweet potatoes and some fruit, pickled vegetables, like Beetroot, gherkins, cabbage you will be getting enough good carbs,

When you have lunch/ dinner make sure at least 1/2 your plate is veg/ salad/ pickles/ olives

When loosing weight they suggest staying away from nuts and baked goods .. There are loads of recipes for muffins/ cakes etc but they are not an every day thing/ birthdays/ once every few weeks ..

Women when they are coming close to their totm generally need more carbs so adding in more sweetpotatoes, fruit, dark chocolate (the darker the better 70/75%) some basmati rice (1/2 cup cooked) can help .. Also a magnesium supplement can help too with sleeping better and women's bodies seem to need more magnesium round totm too .. Google it and have a read :)

About how much sweet potatoe would you recommend a day? I will have a look at my fitness pal thanks for the advice.

As MB said paleo is naturally lower in carbs than the standard western diet as you wont be eating any processed carbs, but you will still get plenty of natural carbs from veg and fruit, you could probably find some things online if you wanted to show your friends that its a sensible diet plan to follow.

Personally I wouldnt have more than one sweet potato a day :)
they are super nice oven baked in the skin then topped with butter and cinnamon

I absolutely love love love !! baked sweet potato with butter a massive green salad and tuna mayo , bestest meal ever :0)

Thanks I will get sweet potaoe tomorrow. I didn't realise tuna mayo was ok that's good I love it

Back