Homemade Burgers??

ive just finished making my burgers, i used

lean mince beef
1 onion
mixed herbs
1tbsp soy sauce
seasoning

although i enjoyed them i found them to be a bit dry, i dont fancy using an egg plus i found they binding together perfectly well without the egg, does anyone else have any other tips as i really want to make them again and enjoy them a bit more xx

I mix them with onion, garlic and whatever flavours I want (chillies, spices, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, whatever) season with a bit of salt & pepper then mix with half an egg.

Sometimes I whizz a few breadcrumbs in too.

Why dont you want to use the egg?

How about putting a bit of cheese in? Could use it as part/all of your HEX, that'd make it nice. :)

You say you're using lean mince (I assume you're synning it?), you don't mean *extra* lean? That can be very dry and sometimes it's worth spending a couple of extra syns on lean, if you're not already.

I mix them with onion, garlic and whatever flavours I want (chillies, spices, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, whatever) season with a bit of salt & pepper then mix with half an egg.

Sometimes I whizz a few breadcrumbs in too.

Why dont you want to use the egg?

How about putting a bit of cheese in? Could use it as part/all of your HEX, that'd make it nice. :)

You say you're using lean mince (I assume you're synning it?), you don't mean *extra* lean? That can be very dry and sometimes it's worth spending a couple of extra syns on lean, if you're not already.

i didnt realise i had to syn it?! its not a problem as ive had no syns today but i didnt think i had to....
yes its lean mince not extra lean

Yeah, only extra lean mince (less than 5% fat) is free. Dont worry, you should be fine as long as its at least lean, just something to remember in future. I often use the lean and just syn it cos its not much and it is nicer :)

Beef mince, extra lean, less than 5% fat, 100g Free
Beef mince, less than 12% fat, 100g raw
Beef mince, less than 20% fat, 100g raw
Beef mince, more than 20% fat, 100g raw 9

Lamb mince, less than 16% fat , 100g raw 2
Lamb mince, more than 16% fat , 100g raw 5

Yeah, only extra lean mince (less than 5% fat) is free. Dont worry, you should be fine as long as its at least lean, just something to remember in future. I often use the lean and just syn it cos its not much and it is nicer :)

thank you x

No Im sure it'll be fine without, its all just to add a bit of flavour really :)

i normally make a large batch of burgers at once, leave the onion out and put a heaped spoonfull of stuffing mix for a bit of flavour, might need to check for syns

Can I please ask a daft question???
By 'Fat' does this mean total fat or saturated fat?

I use >5% fat beef mince. to every 500g I add 2 oxo cubes and 1.5 tsps balsamic vinegar.
I then mix well, press into a ring (I'm anal about stuff like that lol) and then leave in the fridge for half an hour.
then I just Foreman them. they're AWESOME.

Can I please ask a daft question???
By 'Fat' does this mean total fat or saturated fat?

Total fat. Fat is fat is fat as far as SW is concerned. :)

I use >5% fat beef mince. to every 500g I add 2 oxo cubes and 1.5 tsps balsamic vinegar.
I then mix well, press into a ring (I'm anal about stuff like that lol) and then leave in the fridge for half an hour.
then I just Foreman them. they're AWESOME.

mmm bit of balsamic, sounds good :drool:

Total fat. Fat is fat is fat as far as SW is concerned. :)

Thank you x
i kinda knew that would be the case but hey ho, we live and learn :rolleyes:

instead of fry light i use water on either side of mine, just get a wet hand and wipe over each side, never had a dry one yet :) (and even though only on week 5 these are one of the kids faves so made em a few times)

I make my burgers with extra lean mince, onion, worchester sauce, oregano and a little tomato puree to bind. Then i Stick them in the oven. I have always done the, this way (pre sw) and everyone loves them.

Back