Saggy skin

sarah.w

Hey everyone!

I was speaking to a friend who told me that loosing a lot of weight quickly will give you saggy skin, and the KB workout makes me loose weight quicker than anything else ive tried.

Im worried since i have to loose 52 pounds which is a lot of weight, but at the same time the KB tones you up during the workout so its not like were only loosing weight.

Has anyone lose weight successfully without getting saggy skin?

Hi Sarah, I've been losing weight now for a year and am 2 lbs off 6 stone. I started exercising from the start and have been extremely lucky, I really don't have much saggy skin at all. It's mainly on my stomach, but even that is still toning up as I continue. I started running and doing an intense weights session one or two times a week at the gym and it has really helped.

Unfortunately everyone is different, but it can be done!

Hi Sarah - I'm at the 5 stone mark lost and have been using Kettlebells since 14 weeks into my diet (at 43 weeks now). I credit them with tightening stuff up, especially my arms. My belly is my big problem area as I am a typical apple shape and have PCOS which means everything is carried on my belly. It is going down very slowly but things are loose. However I dread to think what it would be like if I wasn't doing kettlebells.

As Littlemeercat says above, everyone is different though. I have seen people with less than me to lose look like a deflated bouncy castle and others who have lost lots more looking toned. I guess its a mix of genes, age, general skin elasticity and health and probably pure luck!

But as someone much wiser than me pointed out on another thread, loose skin won't kill you, but excess weight might. I try to remember that mantra when I'm looking in the mirror in dispair! :)

Back