Target Member going back to Basics

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
Hi Everyone,

I know the Slimming World side of Minimins is quiet but I do miss it and if I can revive the page even if it'd just me lol that would be great.

I am currently a Target Member with SW but after a holiday and a little gain of 4lbs I am just out of target.

If I am honest I am rather bored of SW Extra Easy so I'm reliving my early 30s and doing Red/Green days.

I just need a place to jot down what I eat and my thoughts 🥰

Day 1
5th Aug
Green Day

Breakfast - Blueberries, Cherries, Clementines and Greek Yogurt

Lunch - Missed as I had a late Breakie

Dinner - Jacket Potato, Baked Beans and Cheese (HEA)

Snacks - Mini Ginger Bread (4 syns) Mini Cheddars (5syns) Aldi Hula Hoops (6)
Muller Light (Free) and Tea (HEA)

Absolut Citron Vodka (2.5) and Lemonade

Total Syns 17.5

I've just realised that I forgot my HEB hahaha.

Last edited:
Day 1
5th Aug
Green Day

Breakfast - Blueberries, Cherries, Clementines and Greek Yogurt

Lunch - Missed as I had a late Breakie

Dinner - Jacket Potato, Baked Beans and Cheese (HEA)

Snacks - Mini Ginger Bread (4 syns) Mini Cheddars (5syns) Aldi Hula Hoops (6)
Muller Light (Free) and Tea (HEA)

Total Syns 15

I've just realised that I forgot my HEB hahaha.
Omg! Thank god you’re here. Decided Sunday to try & follow SW having not done it since 2014! I work 10am - 7pm Monday to Friday & love a lie in at the weekends so probably won’t join a class.

I have a great husband who does all the cooking & we have 7 SW recipes so far. I’m a fussy eater but do like some SW free food ready meals & have kept the sleeves for the recipes.

Today I had 40g of weetabix. I don’t like milk so only had 100ml on it.

125g of wafer thin chicken for lunch with proper lentil chips (crisps) 68 calories, so 3.5 syns

SW beef tagliatelle ready meal, really tasty

Dinner husband’s version of paella, king prawns, cut up seafood sticks, leek, mushrooms, paella rice & 37.5g of chorizo per person = 7.5 syns (guess)

Nestle Lindhals pro+ blueberry kvarg. Hoping half a syn

I’m scared to use more than 10 syns because I’m a serial weigher (bad I know) & if I had more than 8 syns per day I would put a pound on the next day. I’m bigger now so am allowing 2 syns more.

I’m saving my syns for some taboo & soda & martini extra dry & soda at the pub on Saturday. It’s my hubby’s birthday. Not drinking wouldn’t bother me but he won’t enjoy himself if I’m not drinking. I probably won’t like either drink.

Last edited:
Omg! Thank god you’re here. Decided Sunday to try & follow SW having not done it since 2014! I work 10am - 7pm Monday to Friday & love a lie in at the weekends so probably won’t join a class.

I have a great husband who does all the cooking & we have 7 SW recipes so far. I’m a fussy eater but do like some SW free food ready meals & have kept the sleeves for the recipes.

Today I had 40g of weetabix. I don’t like milk so only had 100ml on it.

125g of wafer thin chicken for lunch with proper lentil chips (crisps) 68 calories, so 3.5 syns

SW beef tagliatelle ready meal, really tasty

Dinner husband’s version of paella, king prawns, cut up seafood sticks, leek, mushrooms, paella rice & 37.5g of chorizo per person = 7.5 syns (guess)

Nestle Lindhals pro+ blueberry kvarg. Hoping half a syn

I’m scared to use more than 10 syns because I’m a serial weigher (bad I know) & if I had more than 8 syns per day I would put a pound on the next day. I’m bigger now so am allowing 2 syns more.

I’m saving my syns for some taboo & soda & martini extra dry & soda at the pub on Saturday. It’s my hubby’s birthday. Not drinking wouldn’t bother me but he won’t enjoy himself if I’m not drinking. I probably won’t like either drink.
Hiya welcome to Minimins

These pages are a wealth of information, so even if its quiet you should find something to help you.

I weigh every day too although I don't generally get stressed as it shows how our weight fluctuates because of the water we drink, our salt intake, carb intake or mother nature. I usually take a month view of my weight as mother nature always impacts the scales and I am fed up of feeling like crap because of the scales going up and I haven't done anything 'wrong'

Personally I would start off with the full 15 syns and see how your week goes, it's generally better to start with the maximum amount and reduce as you go along.

I'm 10st 12lbs and 5ft 10" and have the full 15 syns although like you I do try to save for the weekend

Hi, thanks for the welcome. So got weighed 1st thing this morning after a tinkle, before food & in my birthday suit & I’ve put a pound on after 11 syns yesterday. I forgot to syn 3 dried figs which is 3 syns.

My metabolism is so unfair. It’s not my star week. I blame the chorizo, but I guessed 37.5g of this was 7.5 syns & after googling it I found that 100g of chorizo is 12 syns. Hubby used 150g, but we get 4 meals out of this so I only had 4.5 syns & 11 syns all day.

So I’m 5ft 2ins & today weigh 19st 6lbs at my heaviest I was 23st 3lbs. I lost 3 stone during lockdown doing the fast 800 diet but put a stone and a half back on & have got down to my current weight by having 1800 calories a day recommended by a nutritionist, low because I do no exercise.

I’m hoping I can eat more on SW & still lose weight. I go on holiday to Kusadassi, Turkey in 5 weeks so I’d like to lose 6lbs & get down to 19st.

Last edited:
Hi, so Tues 6th Aug

Breakfast: 100g strawbs. I know I didn’t need to weigh them.

Lunch: 2 slices 400g high fibre bread toasted (no spread) with 300g reduced sugar beans &
40g eat lean cheese melted.

First time ever I had cheesey beans, but the bread had a weird taste to it & the beans & cheese no flavour. Won’t be having that again.

Afternoon snack: salt & vinegar proper lentil chips (crisps) 64 cals, 3.5 syns.

1 dried fig, 1 syn

Tesco strawb yoghurt frozen swirl, 45 cals, 1.5g Sat fat, 2.6 syns

I’m trialing freezing a blueberry pro+ kvarg. I’m hoping they’re only half a syn. …didn’t work, just went icy.

Dinner: Chicken satay curry & rice. 5 syns for 1 tablespoon Tesco smooth peanut butter in it. Didn’t account for 1.75 syns for half a pouch of Tesco microwave basmati rice cos hubby wanted to do this.

So total of 13.75. Call it 14. So much for saving my syns for alcohol!

I only drink Pepsi max. I’m addicted to it. I swapped to the caffeine free & liked it, but I’m liking the mango Pepsi max at the moment.

Tomorrow until Saturday I’ll be drinking diet lemo to lay off the caffeine.

Last edited:
Morning to both of you, it's been very quite here for a long time. I come on every morning to keep myself accountable (link below), think I'm here about 6 years. I know nothing about SW but wish you both the best

Back