8 Hour Diet

Woo hoo, fantastic NSV! :) In some ways I find it so much more satisfying to see a physical result such as being able to get into new clothes or old ones becoming too big than just seeing the numbers go down on the scales.

Totally agree. I just have to keep it going... How are you doing?
I weighed in today and was delighted to see a 1lb loss :) Usually I wouldn't be quite so happy as I'm greedy and want more, haha. But was expecting a gain as it looked that way a couple of days ago - which would have totally sucked as my daily average calories for the week were on target!

That's good news. I must admit I will have to watch my intake. The last two days I have been out with friends and eating and drinking a bit more though still in the window.

Good morning!

As hinted in my previous post with having to watch my intake it is not surprising I gained the pound I lost last week because I didn't watch very well. I don't want to maintain this cycle of on and off. I can be positive about it and say I did stick to the feasting window but it does show you what you eat and drink matters. I think I have retained fluid as I noticed after three days how bloated and full I felt. I think alcohol and quantity of food is something I need to focus on. My husband says I also have to factor in things like the visitor and the wedding anniversary meal on Saturday. Moving forward...

How is everyone else doing?

If you're feeling bloated that probably explains some of the gain. I'm still trudging on. Feel like my losses are slowing down to a virtual standstill - although that could be just me being paranoid, haha. I guess I'll have a better idea when I officially WI on Thursday...

Where are you going for your anniversary meal? It only happens once a year so just enjoy it :) Maybe just try and cut back a bit on the day before or after if you're worried?

If you're feeling bloated that probably explains some of the gain. I'm still trudging on. Feel like my losses are slowing down to a virtual standstill - although that could be just me being paranoid, haha. I guess I'll have a better idea when I officially WI on Thursday...

Where are you going for your anniversary meal? It only happens once a year so just enjoy it :) Maybe just try and cut back a bit on the day before or after if you're worried?

Good luck for WI on Thursday. The anniversary meal happened over the weekend. Moving on for the rest of the week..

Good morning everyone!

Well, I stayed the same and had a loads of events over the weekend. My weekends are not normally this sociable. It is a learning curve and I have to think about how I manage them rather than opting in or out. I have however got the book and joined a group on FB. I think I will have to cut down considerable and particularly with carbs. If I cut down anyway I am starting to think how the 8 hour is going to help really lose weight? Any thoughts?

I think there are other benefits from fasting and also that the 8hr window plus cutting down is more effective than just cutting down . But at the end of the day it needs to be a lifestyle change so I guess it depends on what works best for you personally and what you find easiest to stick to?

I think there are other benefits from fasting and also that the 8hr window plus cutting down is more effective than just cutting down . But at the end of the day it needs to be a lifestyle change so I guess it depends on what works best for you personally and what you find easiest to stick to?

Thanks for replying. I am starting to find out more about the other benefits as I am dipping into the book that I just received. I think the window works for me and I need to work out what I do within the window :)

Weight stayed the same. Not bad considering but don't feel to pleased about it either. How is everyone else?

Well the week is going good and the scales are suggesting a possible loss for next Monday. I have two events this weekend. Any suggestions in how to best manage them?

Well the week is going good and the scales are suggesting a possible loss for next Monday. I have two events this weekend. Any suggestions in how to best manage them?
Fill up on protein to keep hunger at bay and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated...

Most of all, enjoy yourself and have a great time:D

Fingers crossed you have a good one on Monday.

Fill up on protein to keep hunger at bay and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated...

Most of all, enjoy yourself and have a great time:D

Fingers crossed you have a good one on Monday.

Thanks for the tips. For sure it will be a learning experience. The weekend is going to be full on so I have to make wise choices and portion control as well.

I usually try and lower my calorie intake before / after the weekend to compensate and then make as sensible choices as I can without stressing about it and enjoying myself. Quite a few of my weekends involve food / drink related events and this strategy is working for me so far :)

What events are they? Have fun! x

I usually try and lower my calorie intake before / after the weekend to compensate and then make as sensible choices as I can without stressing about it and enjoying myself. Quite a few of my weekends involve food / drink related events and this strategy is working for me so far :)

What events are they? Have fun! x

Thanks for the tip! They are all food and drink related. Probably a bit more than a normal weekend: a birthday and an annual dinner event. Normally its these events or the just the weekend that keep my weight the same and don't get anywhere week after week so I have to try and include them and manage them better.

Weighed in this morning and lost 2 pounds despite the weekend. I enjoyed myself but still maintained the 16/8 principles, limited alcohol and reduced food portions during meals and overall consumption for the day. I need to work with this now, if I lose another pound or two I will be on new ground. Well at this stage of my life numbers that I haven't seen for a long time...

Back