Acivity points????

nikki299

Does anyone have a book or a way of working out the points for exercise? I'm not planning to use my exercise points but would like to know how many i've earned just in case.
I've had a look online but have only found american ones and don't think their plans are exactly the same as ours. xx

I've got a little conversion table in my discover folder. Have you not got one in yours?

Dan x

I don't have a discover folder :( I threw away all my old ww stuff when they switched to pp, i just have the shop and eat books and a calculator i bought off ebay.

I've got all sorts (I've kept all the plans since '97 :D), I'll have a look tomorrow!

Hmmm, can't find my stuff anywhere. The hubby says that it's probably buried in the loft.

However, I did find some info on a site I used to frequent yonks ago. Discover's activity points were called Bonus Points which might explain why you were having trouble finding any info. Mind you I didn't do so well myself either! I was hoping to find a chart or something, but no.

Calculating Bonus Points
The number of points you earn on Discover depends on your weight, the number of minutes you exercise for, and the intensity of the exercise (high medium or low).

The card calculators given out at the old meetings to work out your exercise points levels is by far the easiest and most straightforward way to work out your points.

For those of you who don't have this here is an approximation of the formula which shows you how to calculate LOW MODERATE OR HIGH points for yourself. The complicated bit of maths goes like this:

W = your current weight in pounds
M = the number of minutes you have been exercising for

Low intensity points = (((W x 1.2)÷84)÷60) x M
Moderate intensity points = (((W x 1.2)÷60)÷60) x M
High intensity points = (((W x 1.2)÷24)÷60) x M

These are the Weight Watchers definitions of each intensity level:

Low: you don't sweat, you can talk and breathe easily and can sing
Medium: you start to sweat after 10 minutes, you can talk but can't sing, breathing can be deep.
High: you start to sweat after 3-5 mins you can talk only a little, your breathing is rapid and deep.

Weight Watchers have advised that you may earn as many exercise points as you like during the week & may eat ALL of them on the day you earn them or may bank up to 4 exercise points per day.

So, me, at 180lbs, running, sweating and totally out of breath for 25 mins is: 180x1.2=216 216÷24=9 9÷60=0.15 0.15x25(mins)=3.75 points

I've just realised that I have bonus points on my database calculator too, it's pre 2007 so the points are average for everyone, but just let me know if there is anything I can help with! I looked up jogging and it says 13min mile for 30mins is 4 points so not far off!

Last edited:
Back