August 2013 Wedding Countdown....

laurawh86

Hi everyone , I didn't realise there was a Brides to Be section of these forums....been hiding in the Cambridge Weight Plan forums for far too long...time to start venturing out I think! :) I started CWP in September 2012 and to date I have lost 97lbs :D - due to a chest infection/virus, I stopped CWP and started calorie counting. I still have 2stone I could lose but I am happy at the weight I am now too! :) To my surprise I have been really strict with myself and not gone off the rails - using MFP to track my calories and have weighed EVERYTHING! My body has also adjusted well to eating again and I am still losing weight so have decided to stick with the calorie counting. As you can see from my signature - I am climbing Kilimanjaro in August 2014 in memory of Charlie Harris-Beard (follow the link in my signature for information x) and therefore have a goal to work towards after my wedding too! I am looking forward to being able to get back to the gym and working on my exercise routine! (once my lungs are functioning properly again!). Step by Step and everything seems to fall into place! :D

Only 4 months until my wedding!!!! Its all very exciting! Look forward to chatting to some fellow Brides to Be - hows everyone's plans coming along?

Very happy this morning - another 3lb loss meaning I have lost 100lbs in total so I can now officially join the century club! I have also broken another stone barrier and weighed in at 13stone 13lbs this morning! :) I know losing weight can be tough but believe me, it is worth it! I feel so much better now I'm not carrying around that 100lbs!! That's actually quite scary to say - "I have lost 100lbs".....:eek: Keep going everyone!

Grilled chicken and roasted vegetables. Calorie counting is great! Loving the food, loving being in control, loving trying new things to cook. It was delicious!

Hi Hutchie, I'm having a bad week :(....my body decided it wanted to add on a few lbs of water weight (Im having issues with my mirena at the moment)...which then started the psychological circle of being disheartened...eating more...putting true weight on. I managed to hold it together for a couple of days but then the scales said I had gained 4lbs! :eek: (even with me being good) and I lost control and have binged the last couple of days. The scales are saying about a 7lb gain...I know some of that will still be water weight, I am just trying to break the cycle and get back to calorie counting and being good!! People over on MFP mentioned a good analogy of falling off a horse - you wouldnt go back to the beginning to get back on! Just trying to tell myself that! Hope you are having a good week? I must also learn to come on the forums when I am struggling, there is so much support - I seem to hide from everyone!

Aw hun I know exactly how you feel, it's so annoying and really hard to control! I've been doing that for months (reason why I gained 2st since summer-meds too) but seems to have clicked for me in the last few weeks. Ill tell ya what worked for me...
I've been counting calories for years, eating as little as 500/day which is terrible to eating a healthier 1200/day which works. I've weighed up and down from 11st to 7st (many years ago!) back up to 10st and back down to 8.5st. I'm currently 10st 7lbs (well haven't weighed since start of month).
The thing with calorie counting i find is that as I'm counting them up throughout the day, if I see that I have 300 left ill end up having a pack of crisps etc whether I'm hungry or not cause I know that I can, and a lot of the time I can't stop there! What I've been doing is trying to listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry. So basically I do keep an eye on the cals but I eat my b-fast, break, lunch an dinner and then I tot them up at the end of the day. It helps me make healthier food choices and I find that it usually comes out less calories than the 1200 I allow myself.
Here's an example of my before and after diet...
Calorie counting:
B-fast: cereal bar 120
Break: soya yoghurt 100
Crackers/goats cheese 140
Lunch: soup (or rice/veg) 200
Crisps 100
Afternoon snack: cereal bar 120
Dinner: whatever the oh cooks 400
Total:1180
So because I've had under 1200 cals ill end up having a square of Choc, but then that stirrs up the cravings and I end up eating about another 400-500 cals cause i tell myself that it's still not that much calories in a day (which it isn't but the weight piles on when I do this cause I say "oh crap I've ruined it, I didn't stick to my 1200 so ill just start tomorrow and have whatever I want tonight" = vicious circle!
Healthy eating:
B-fast: cereal bar/cereal 120-200
Break: soya yoghurt/fruit 100
Lunch: soup 100-200
Snack: crackers/goats cheese 100
Dinner: as above 400
Total: 820-1000
I know the foods kinda the same (out in te ones I usually have) but instead of saying I had more cals left (and eating them for the sake of it) I listen to my body and stop when I'm full.
Sometimes when I tot it up at the end of the day, it'll come out at 1400 but I don't worry too much cause I just tell myself it was a hungry day.
Also I'm lactose intolerant, and usually feel crap after wheat too. Web I found out last year, I gave up cows milk (goats cheese in moderation seems to be ok) and switched to soya/goats products and also stopped eating bread/pasta and went for the gluten free versions and that alone helped the weight fall off!!
I know that's a long message but wanted to let you know what I've done to try change things cause it's helped me loads!
Good luck :)

Thanks Hutchie! I think thats a great idea what you are doing!! I have decided to go back to the comfort of ketosis and sole source on the Cambridge Weight Plan. Didn't want to risk messing around and then ending up being bigger for the wedding day! How are you getting on??

Back