Countdown to Christmas Challenge

Kes said:
Can I join.. I would like to lose 24lbs before Christmas... I will start now as im not in any of the other ones.. I will give you what I lose on my weigh day.
Just for my records, or you can put it on there if ou wish... My start weight is 13 stone 9.6 lbs....

Bring one Monday's weigh day.. But might change that to mid week at some point.....

Course you can Kes I'll add you now & play with the colours later x

Lexie2005 said:
Well I hope we are all still here at Christmas, the BH one has hardly anyone still active, we lost so many members!

I would join in, but I only get weighed every couple of months, so I wouldn't have a lot to report, lol. xx

Lexie2005 said:
I don't know how you manage that I would fall off the wagon!

It's very freeing actually, lol. I have a history of eating disorders going back 30 years, and at one point would weigh myself obsessively, almost starved myself, and dropped down to 8.5 stone, which at almost 5'9" was considerably underweight! I would rather not risk that kind of obsession again, plus I find regular weigh ins very demoralising due to the naturally fluctuating nature of body weight, whereas in a couple of months it's bound to drop if you behave, lol. xx

TracyGWill said:
It's very freeing actually, lol. I have a history of eating disorders going back 30 years, and at one point would weigh myself obsessively, almost starved myself, and dropped down to 8.5 stone, which at almost 5'9" was considerably underweight! I would rather not risk that kind of obsession again, plus I find regular weigh ins very demoralising due to the naturally fluctuating nature of body weight, whereas in a couple of months it's bound to drop if you behave, lol. xx

Oh goodness I completely understand why this way works for you now. I am back to weighing daily but am ok with it x

Lexie2005 said:
Oh goodness I completely understand why this way works for you now. I am back to weighing daily but am ok with it x

Oh, absolutely - different things work for different people! I think I'll start either weekly or daily weighing once I get to a healthy BMI, just to make sure it doesn't creep back up, but for now this is suiting me down to the ground. When I think that my weight has fluctuated by 13 stone between the ages of 20 and 50, it makes me very keen to get it right this time. :) xx

It's not easy is it ? There's no right or wrong way. I used to oy weigh once a week. But with my new fsngled scales I do weigh daily in kg but only convert them on Sundays to lbs or stones. I'm not brilliant at understanding weight in kg. :) so I find I still stay ignorant :) they fo say ignorance is bliss and it is. I don't even have to look st my scales because it records everything then I can transfer it to the computer and it shows me everything in graphs :) and I can see the downward progress despite fluctuations.

Now doesn't that appeal to your inner numbers geek :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good job I don't have to rely on my brain . I've just transferred my weight from my scales to the computer and I've actually lost 1lb not sts :)

Well done on the loss... :)
And being a bit of a tech geek myself, tell me more about these scales haha x

They're Salter MiBody 9119 (i think thsts the number) analyser scales. Cost about £40 but brilliant

toofatkat said:
It's not easy is it ? There's no right or wrong way. I used to oy weigh once a week. But with my new fsngled scales I do weigh daily in kg but only convert them on Sundays to lbs or stones. I'm not brilliant at understanding weight in kg. :) so I find I still stay ignorant :) they fo say ignorance is bliss and it is. I don't even have to look st my scales because it records everything then I can transfer it to the computer and it shows me everything in graphs :) and I can see the downward progress despite fluctuations.

Now doesn't that appeal to your inner numbers geek :)

Lol, yes, but not enough to risk going back to that dark place, even if I could do it on a spreadsheet! ;) xx

Another pound off for me this week...so that is four in total (and 24 to go for Christmas!)

I may decide to raid the bank account and buy some new scales.....but first of all I am waiting for a bathroom/wetroom conversion that starts in two weeks...then maybe 'christen' the new wetroom with new scales!

Well I'm gonna change that start weight to 13 stone 10 lbs as its a nice easy number....

I'll let you know my loss on Thursday.

-2lbs for me so back at my lowest ever recorded weight of 13.5!!! Yay!!! Xxx

Back