Im on weight watchers but am thinking of trying slimming world - advice please :o)

SW is ok up to a point, it really depends on your metabolism/mindset. I found that I plateaued after losing a stone on SW. I did much better with red days than extra easy, I don't think unlimited pasta and potato did much for my metabolism!

I agree that it's really easy with not much weighing but there will come a point when you have to reduce the amount of food you eat, even healthy stuff!!

I've switched to calorie counting and low fat, yes it can be a faff looking at packets but at least I don't have to convert it to syns or points! Smaller portions were a shock at first, I got used to it in about a week though, I lost 7lbs in two weeks, it took me about 6 weeks to do that with SW.

Good luck with whatever plan you decide to follow. x

I have also done both and agree Sw is much much better.:)

SW EE is the best thing ive done for my family in a long time, IMO. We eat well, on a budget, my son dosnt even realise hes eating 'diet food' because its not! Its just plain old cooking from scratch and making good choices. Theres only me that follows it really, but family meals are always SW. WW i found very easy to just eat utter rubbish...nothing changed, i just counted points. Im on Team SW :)

Heya. Ive done both in my time and have found I personally tend to lose more with ww. To be honest I found that I flittered from ww to sw and back and in retrospect i reckon theyd both be fab if i stuck to them. Im on track at the mo.

Whatever you choose good luck. X

I have done with ww and sw and i do prefer sw. There's much less counting and weighing and it seems to be a diet that you can follow for life as just general healthy eating rather than a fad diet.
Whatever you choose good luck!

Slimming world is fab I'm on extra easy and I love it .... For brekkie today I had pan fried asparagus and a bacon and egg butty. My losses are not as fast as other diets but I also don't feel hungry all the time like I do on other diets so I actually stick to it because it doesn't feel like I'm starving myself.
I eat a lot more fruit and veg now which can only be good for my health and to date I've lost 2 stone which considering the holidays I've had all inclusive(being naughty) oops I am very happy with back on track now after my hols getting some more weight off before Xmas

Slimming world all the way. I lost weight on weight watchers but again I was always hungry and once my points were used up that was it. NO restriction on SW its not a diet its a healthier eating plan :)

I prefer sw but I did like the ww meetings and leaflets they give you and their website is much better than sw. However, this may help me to be less obsessive as not checking forums as much. (Just a thought).

You need to pick your consultant carefully. I've had a few that were brilliant but a few that weren't really that good.

I'm really liking the EE plan though and the weight is coming off really nicely 1st9 since the start of December! I've never lost weight as quickly.

It's quite similar to the simple start plan or filling & healthy I think which is possibly worth bearing in mind?

I can't speak for WW being a SW girl myself, but can speak for the endless comparison conversations that have taken place in our office over the years...I think SW is a little more flexible but you need to dedicate time ti meals cooked from scratch, so i always fail on being prepared ( lacking boy scout tendencies i feel)

However, my friend recently switched to SW after ten years WW and has embraced its freedom and it's filling power, she's never hungry and has managed to really gain the inertia of weight loss.

Back