Kingleds Food Diary - help needed!

Well done on your cracking weight loss this week :clap:

I've hit a bit of a brick wall myself ... well more like the Berlin Wall actually :banghead:

Interesting what you say about bananas ... I've been trying to chop and change my SW eating habits to try to shock my body into starting to lose a bit again but one thing I still have every day is a banana. Might just drop this for a week and see if it makes a difference :rolleyes:

Do you think our bodies have got a bit used to this diet? We both seem to have started in January :confused:

Ali* said:
Well done on your cracking weight loss this week :clap:

I've hit a bit of a brick wall myself ... well more like the Berlin Wall actually :banghead:

Interesting what you say about bananas ... I've been trying to chop and change my SW eating habits to try to shock my body into starting to lose a bit again but one thing I still have every day is a banana. Might just drop this for a week and see if it makes a difference :rolleyes:

Do you think our bodies have got a bit used to this diet? We both seem to have started in January :confused:

Definitely think its a case of your body getting used to it - it gets used to expecting the same amount of calories every day & burns what it expects to get. I have been eating about 1700 cals a day, & eating alot if the same stuff. I've also been eating magic porridge most mornings.
I have been losing & gaining the same pound for the last 2 months hun - so frustrating.
This week, aside from the lack of bananas, i've replaced the porridge with all bran & i really concentrated on my portion control. Really simple thing but SO difficut to get right. My hubby would look at my plate & say is that it? Alot! But i just ate what was on my plate, & had seconds if i was still hungry. I only had seconds once.

Stick at it hun. You'll get there x

Definitely think its a case of your body getting used to it - it gets used to expecting the same amount of calories every day & burns what it expects to get. I have been eating about 1700 cals a day, & eating alot if the same stuff. I've also been eating magic porridge most mornings.
I have been losing & gaining the same pound for the last 2 months hun - so frustrating.
This week, aside from the lack of bananas, i've replaced the porridge with all bran & i really concentrated on my portion control. Really simple thing but SO difficut to get right. My hubby would look at my plate & say is that it? Alot! But i just ate what was on my plate, & had seconds if i was still hungry. I only had seconds once.

Stick at it hun. You'll get there x

Yes, I've been thinking about my calorie intake (although I know we shouldn't ;)) and wondered if my body had got used to the same amount every week.

I feel a shake-up coming on!

Thank hun!

So didn't eat mt HEA last night, or the ryvita either. Was just not hungry after dinner.

Trouble is I woke up starving!

Brekkie today was 1 egg on toast (heb) with tomatoes & mushrooms

Lunch: baked salmon (1 syn) with salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomaties, carrots, broccoli, radish, celery, green beans)

Dinner: SW Pizza topped chicken (tomato, onion, peppers) with 42g reduced fat cheese (hea) paprika potato wedges, and salad. 1 syn ex light mayo

2 caramel choc hifi bars - 6 syns
A big mug of tea with milk - 2 syns

Total; 10 syns

Last edited:
Been at a conference for the last 2 days & have not been able to stick to plan at all really . Not weighing in till next saturday so hopefully didn't do too much damage

Brekkie today was an egg, tomatoes,mushrooms, baked beans & toast(heb)

Lunch: veg curry - potato, sweet potato, tomato,green beans,onions, broccoli, ginger, garlic, carrot

Dinner: out with the OH for Tapas & drinks - will def not be on plan!!

No tapas last night. Ended up in a Carribean restaurant instead - it was amazing, & definitely off plan.
Had: salt fish fritters, lamb kebabs, chicken wings, chilli prawns. Stewed beef in rum sauce, rice & peas, mashed potato & a roti. Plus 3 glasses of wine. Am glad it was expensive as otherwise i might be in there every week!

Todays food plan is

Brekkie: 3 aldi crispbreads (heb) with philly light (hea) Pear.

Lunch: Frittata (eggs, bacon, potatoes, superfree veggies - to be decided)

Dinner: Seabass cooked with garlic & herbs, sauted potatoes (will prob use olive oil spray with is 1 syn for 4 sprays - maybe 3 syns worth) with salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, radish, carrot)

Brekkie: Melon, Pineapple, Mango, 42g All bran (HEB) with FF Onken Strawberyy Yogurt

Lunch: Herby potatoes, salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pepper, radish) with 2 Homemade Scotch Eggs (made with egg, Joes sausgemeat, breadcrumbs (2 syns worth)

Orange

Dinner: Hubby is feeling poorly so to cheer him up I'm going to do a not so mini roast of Pork Loin, Roast Potatoes, Carrot, Cabbage, Broccoli, Onion Gravy, (2 syns), and 2 Aunt Bessie Yorkshires (5 syns). If still hungry I will have some mango mixed with total 0% yogurt.

250mls SS milk for use with Tea (HEA)

Total syns:: 9

Last edited:
Brekkie: The usual, melon, pineapple, 42g All Bran (HEB) and FF Onken Strawberry Yogurt

Lunch: Med Chicken (pepper, tomato, onions, garlic, courgette, chicken, potato & spices)

Dinner: Spicy Prawn Pasta (pepper, tomato, onion, garlic, chilli, courgette, mango tout) with 42g reduced fat cheese (HEA)

Orange

Last edited:
Okay, so i had one of my HM scotch egg last night too - 1 syn. So 11 syns in total yesterday.

Today: think i'm doing a mix to match day.

Brekkie: egg, 2 small toast (heb), tomato & mushrooms (can be either a red or green meal)

Lunch: mixed bean chilli (5 different chilli beans, tomatoes, courgette, peppers, onion.

Snack: pear

Dinner: 2 joes burgers in 2 wm roll (heb & 7 syns) with 42g reduced fat cheese (hea) & extra lean bacon. With salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion, pepper, radish, celery, carrot. 2 tablespoon bbq sauce (2 syns)

Last edited:
Also had a hifi bar last night so 12 syns for the day.

Brekkie: all bran (heb), fruit, (kiwi, apple, grapes, melon, orange) mullerlight yog

Lunch: gammon, egg, jacket potato

2 x vodka & slimline tonics (5 syns)

Dinner: Take Away chicken kebab with extra salad I think - but will ditch the pitta & make some SW chips with cheese (HEA & 6 syns to go with it

Total syns: 11

Last edited:
Have just finished my first gym session in 5 years. A bit concerned about my fitness level though. I used a lot of the fat burn settings on the cardi machines and didn't really feel out of breath, but my heart rate was where ita supposed to be for burning fat. Should I not have been more tired?

Bit achy this morning but nothing too bad!

I do however seem to be having a mix to match day again- totally unintentional.

Brekkie was the usual all bran (heb) with melon, pineapple & strawberry mullerlight.

Snack: 1 slice of seeded WM bread (4 syns) with marmite. Orange

Lunch: Chilli & Tomato Pasta with capers and Olives (1 syn)

Dinner: joes sausages, bacon, omlette made with 42g reduced fat cheese (hea), tomato, mushrooms.

I have my other heb & hea if i want them as well. But am having an early night after a very hectic week so prob won't have them both. Prob just. Hifi bar

Last edited:
Brekkie: 4 rashers ex lean bacon, 1 medium egg, fried in frylight. 2 big tomatoes & some button mushrooms, grilled.

Snack before gym: apple & 1hifi light bars (1/2 a heb)

Lunch: Vegetable & Mixed Bean Chilli (beans, tomato, peppers, courgettes) with 2 ryvitas (3 syns)

Dinner: meat chilli - made with ex lean mince, kidney beans, peppers, onion, rice, 42g reduced fat cheese (hea)

Last edited:
Mrs.S. said:
Did you WI yesterday Hun or have I missed something? xx

Oh yeah! i forgot that bit! STS - not too worried though cos i was off plan from thurs to sunday last week so i pretty much dodged a bullet i reckon.

You don't wanna know what i ate yesterday - lets just say i'll be sticking to 5 syns a day for the rest of the week :) to try & claw it back. Plus the gym 3 times this week.

Oo - & have had loads of NSV's this week. Hubby said today that he couldn't believe how much thinner i waa now. Went to my old company (haven't been there for 8 months) & one of my old team took me to one side & asked me if i was okay cos i'd lost so much weight! He thought i might be ill. Another just wolf whistled me & stood up & clapped when i walked in!
I wore a short skirt (about 3 inches above my knee) to work the other day! And when i was at group yesterday 3 people commented on my dress & how it was nice to see me in colourful clothes.

Aaggjh- big presentation at work today. Bricking it slightly. Plus there will be biscuits everywhere.

Brekkie will be the usual all bran (heb) with melon & pineapple & fat free yog.

Lunch: a homemade veg curry with potato, onion, tomato, Pepper, courgette, broccoli & aubergine.

Dinner: Brown Stew Chicken with rice & peas. Will be using the Kara dairy free coconut milk for the rice & peas as its HEA & so its a completely syn free meal. Veg in it is peppers, scotch bonnet peppers, onions, spring onions & garlic. Will have a side salad just to make sure i get my superfree allowance right.

Back