Susie's 2022 campaign

Great to hear the CC is going well for you and yes, staying on plan is really difficult when it’s so cold and the weather is so miserable. I look at it as there’s nothing else to do so I may as well stay on plan! So for me, January, February and March are actually my best weight loss months before the Summer partying starts!

Hi Susie, catching up with all your news and glad to see you are staying put. Also great news on the trip to NZ, it must be coming up soon. I think you are right,you are itching to get back to see family and friends but this trip might show you that it's not the place you want to stay in permanently. Or maybe you will want to stay😂. Either way you will find out.

Morning all - so much has changed in a short time - as always with me, I know :).

The NZ flights were cancelled by the airline, hugely upsetting at the time but nothing to be done about it, and I did get all my money refunded - so I'm now going for two months over Christmas/Jan, which will be lovely.

Also headed back to SW for the millionth time. i just couldn't keep control of CCing, and I like the accountability of the weekly weigh in, plus it's a chance to meet people and my new group is very friendly and welcoming. Going well, week 2 and I've lost 9lbs.

Staying put up north for now, makes sense money wise, and I've also taken on a new contract - got too bored with not working and feel a lot happier TBH. I'm fulltime at the moment and go to part time in a few weeks, so once that ha[ppens, I'll be doing short breaks away to visit people.

Hope you're all well and enjoying the lovely weather!

Last edited:
Thanks @sarahbr - not been a great week foodwise, had a lot of leg pain and my meds work better with carbs, so I know it will be a gain but hoping for a minimal one on Thursday.

And isn't the weather disappointing? After all that lovely sunshone it's now grey and cold here again!

Evening all - a cracking group tonight, was sure I'd gain - but instead it was a 5lb loss - amazing! Got my 1st stone award, Slimmer of the Week and Slimmer of the Month! Well chuffed with that.

Must try and attach some SW award stickers here.

Hope everyone is keeping warm and dry!

Think something might be wrong with the website?

It's showing old posts at the top (even though my filter is set for most recent first) and not one new message for today - are others seeing that?

Last edited:
Gosh it is so quiet in here, not one new thread to read (sob) - hope everyone is doing ok?

WI last night and just half a pound off but I'm very happy with that, considering that "treat night" continued for half the week LOL.

Getting back on track today, filling in my food diary and thinking of ways to avoid carbs in the night when the RLS gets me. A woman in group gave me the recipe for mac and cheese muffins, syn free using allowances, so will try those this weekend!

Thanks Mary, I look at your loss stickers and get really excited about having the same.

SW feels so natural, don't know why I pushed against it for so long. Oh well, here now and back on plan! I bought a fab multi cooker which I've nicknamed Darth, and he makes a wicked omelette, so will have one of those for brekkie in a minute. Other meals have tended to be the SW ready meals, which i really enjoy - I've just not felt like cooking so it's great to have that option and still be on plan.

Just need to stop the constant night grazing now!

1649581725543.png

For me sw fits perfectly into my lifestyle i can still have lots of my favourite meals just a few tweaks. No surviving on lettuce leaves and feeling miserable. plus a little wiggle room for some treats. love Darth looks like you will be cooking up a storm

WI tonight and another 2lbs off, despite treat night lasting for 3 days!

Managed to avoid carb grazing during the night on most nights too, so know what I need to do to make this work for me long term - and the group is lovely too, very supportive, so all systems go for a decent loss by the time I head off to NZ in December x

Hello all

I'm Susie and would love to join you here for what I hope is my successful "once and for all weight loss to goal" plan!

A bit about me - I used to be active when I was a kid, but oceans of wine at University and desk jobs and no exercise for the 20 odd years since then have seen the weight creep up - and up - and UP! I finally said enough a couple of years ago and tried SW, WW, Slim and Save and Atkins - the latter being most successful, especially with the support of some great people on that section of Minis.

But low carb is hard to do if you're not 100% committed. I work long hours and just kept failing to consistently prepare low carb food for breakfasts and lunches. The saying "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" was completely made for me, because I'd fall off the wagon and head straight for a sausage roll or four - and, I have to admit, regular binge drinking. I really hope no one minds me putting this brutal truth here, but I've really been using it as a crutch for work and personal stress. Bad day at work? Have a bottle (or two, sometimes three) of wine... and as I work in a stressful job, that can happen all too often. Unhappiness at home? Have a drink or 10. I have known for a long time that it's something I need to knock on the head, so here's hoping that this will really help me focus on the long term plan! :D

So there's a few reasons why I have lost and then gained the same two stone over and over during the last two years, sabotaged myself a gazillion times and suffered all the guilt of failure every time. Now I am the heaviest I've ever been at 327lbs (that's before I ate a pizza on the weekend - see what I mean, Sabotage Central!), and I really have had enough.

Like everyone I'd love quick results, but I just can't face VLCDs - I really take my hat off to people who succeed on those, I've tried a couple and couldn't stand the taste of the food!

I love to cook and I love using fresh ingredients - so, after much Googling, I think that calorie counting (and introducing exercise gradually) and using MFP is going to work the best for me - much more flexible for work.

Sorry for the essay, folks! I'll catch up on your diaries over the next couple of days, and hope you get the chance to drop by here as often as you feel like it. Good luck all! :)
Sw is so toxic, I remember my partner making me a meal and me crying my eyes out because I didn't know how many syns were in it. Madness. Good luck 👍

Well done @ladyfelsham on your weight loss this week. We all have slip ups but it is about dusting ourselves off and doing the best we can. I am sure you will have lost a lot of pounds by the time you go to NZ. You have a lovely incentive to keep going and trying your best. That is all any of us can do is try our best.

Hi Susie, good news on finding a great SW group. Hope you are still on track

Hi team - another week, another change of plan lol!

I've been a bit under the weather, at first it was thought to be kidney stones (but wasn't TG), but turned out to be a long, rather unpleasant bout of a stomach virus going around. My GP said to stop with SW for now, he's convinced that a low fat diet is contributing to my RLS getting worse - so, after more weight going on, it's back to keto on Thursday. I'm really ok with the decision, I hadn't felt right for weeks - which coincided with re-starting SW - so we'll see how i get on this time. I'm making a 3 month commitment to it, and got lots of support, plus my membership to the Keto Fitness Club is still active - and I'm going to get some CBT counselling to try and understand my overeating compulsion, etc.

But I'm not going to get all hung up about macros and all that - just keep it simple, protein and green veg will be the order of the day, and IF as well.

Hope you're all well xx

Last edited:
UPDATE - I'd typed that up last week - and then I just got completely and utterly fed with the thought of having to buy a load of new foods - again - and follow a plan I'd tried before and which I came off after a few months. What's to stop the same thing happening again?

I really want to address the underlying issues, without it costing a fortune, so I talked to a hospital dietician and I'm going to follow a plan called Susie's Calorie Watching and Eating Sensibly Plan LOL. Started yesterday - main points are -

- watching portion control and only eating when I'm hungry
- no chocolate or cookies or cake in the house - I know some experts say not to deny yourself, but that's my trouble, I don't!
- lots of water, which I haven't been doing.
- no OCDness on counting calories, I've been at this game long enough to know when something is "good" or "bad". So, there will be times when i just must have pizza and so I've got a couple of supermarket pizzas in the freezer - less cals and a helluva lot cheaper than the local Just Eat places, which have nearly doubled in price, it's shocking - but a good incentive not to buy!
- typical day - eggy things for B (I don't really do cereal or porridge, they don't fill me up for long / soups and salads with a bit of protein for lunch / a proper cooked meal for tea, with greens, rather than snacking things.

I really need to try and change my thinking to "food is fuel" - and stick to my plan! So that's my personal challenge until Christmas and my big trip home x

Morning Susie, I've been MIA for a bit. Just checking in to see how you are doing. I think you have hit the nail on the head, what we all need is something sensible and doable.

Back