T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Thanks Tipperary.

Sorry for the slow reply! We were house/dog/cat sitting last week. Got plenty of steps in, but less time for structured home workouts. Food definitely wasn't brilliant. We tended to grab something in the evening.

Glad to be home today. Got a workout in this morning, and have dance this evening. We were out later than planned with friends last night, but I am determined to get back to only drinking on the weekends, because I know it makes such a big difference to me.

Dancing sounds lovely, I'm hoping to be healed enough to dance in October

I really enjoy my dance classes - it's an hour with a lovely group of ladies, and we just have a good laugh. I've managed to book for tonight as well. It's technically 6 classes a month to learn the routine, but I quite often only manage to get to four.

Had a bit of a lie in this morning. Alarm went off, and body just went no! That said, listening and resting is a good thing. I did a lot yesterday in terms of workouts.

Food has been much better since being home. So it's nice to feel more in control of that overall. I just need to stop the boredom snacking when I'm working. Perhaps the answer is to work from the office more... but that's difficult because I quite often go straight from work to do things in the evening.

At work I found weekly food prep to be good. Having said that our office was next door to a supermarket and prepped lunch often stayed in canteen fridge and I bought sandwiches.😀

Loving this weather - although it would be better if I wasn't working!

I think I've broken the plateau! I've been taking measurements, so I know I'm changing shape, but it's good to see the scales drop.

I wish I'd recorded my weight on some of the early posts in this thread, so I could see where I am in comparison. But never mind!

Busy week with work, exercise and other things so far. But the warm weather is also making food choices easier. I love salads when it's like this.

Last night, I air fried a trout filet. And served it with a salad of watermelon, feta, mango, rocket, spring onions and shredded cabbage. And made a dressing from tahini, green chili and Greek yoghurt. Delicious and filling.

Thanks :) It really was lovely. So much easier to eat salads when the weather is like this. No sign of the storms yet here.

I'm certainly not moaning about the heat wave, though! I've just made sure I'm up early as normal to workout before it's too hot in the flat. Yesterday, I did a metcon before work, then went to the gym, then had a swim on the way back.

Did a 45 minute walking workout for active recovery today. Just waiting for a food delivery, then might squeeze another workout if OH is still out. Apparently asking what time he thought he'd be back was argumentative and controlling... I did point out that it's the one evening I don't do anything, and I thought we were spending it together... but apparently going out 10 minutes before I finish work is fine. Urgh. Not in the mood!

Lovely, chilled weekend. Rugby training Saturday morning, then one of the ladies invited us over for a house warming on Saturday afternoon/evening. Had a few drinks, but mainly avoided the crisps on offer. Filled up on a big salad before I went and had crudite and fruit whilst there.

Then yesterday, we had a lazy day. Popped to a local street food place for lunch. Then got lots of berries for our "TV snacks" in the evening. Got my workouts in as well. So a successful weekend in all! We've also started making lose plans for a holiday in October: planning on flying into Zagreb, then backpacking through the Balkans, and flying back from Belgrade. No real plans, just a meander and take in the sights.

Starting to feel very real now! We've booked accommodation for Zagreb and Belgrade, as well as a night at Piltvice, because we both agreed we have to go there. It looks gorgeous.

Also got a few nights in North Wales next week. I feel very due some time of work, so looking forward to that. Even though it's probably going to cost almost as much as our two-week holiday!

I've been plodding on. Weight seems resistant to budge, but I am definitely changing shape. I've been working out regularly and food on the whole has been pretty good. I know I need to plan better and make sure I've got things in. Made a lovely summery stir fry last night, with asparagus, cabbage and green beans. Then added a little bit of smoked salmon and halloumi "croutons". The weather is so changeable, it's hard to know what I want at the moment!

Back