the times they are a changin......

Hopefully i'll be 11 stone by first week of January..

*fingers crossed*

You'll be fine lovely!

Just make sure you rein it in & get back on the straight & narrow when you do have a little treat xoxo

thanks chick

and good luck for your goal the way you ve been going it is well doable.

that s the way forward isn t it, you can have the treat if you want but the rest of the time needs to balance it out, a work in progress but at least it is progressing:)
jx

Well i'm at 12.4 on my scales with 5 weeks to go until my vacation so FINGERS crossed!

My CDC said that after a day off for Xmas day I should have a substantial higher loss the following week..

Not long to go now!

Yep its all about moderation.. I've lost and kept off over 4 stone these last few years and its all about eating clean in the week & working out with a weekend treat.
Balances itself out completely..

xoxo

thanks girls

im well pleased with myself, its a slow process but im quite happy just to plod along one pound at a time. ready for the christmas challenge 11st is my weight ceiling over the festivities. i will be trying to keep it to no gain but not about to let any detours spoil my path to goal.
jx

You know, that is precisely the most inspiring thing about you: your focus. I really like the 'weight ceiling' idea ..... Keeping that number firmly in mind must help reign in those baser urges (to eat like a wild hog after truffles - which would be my old default lol)

You will for sure stick to that and get straight back on it: chip, chip, chipping away at those last few pounds.

I hope you have another great 'diet' day xx

thank you

i ve had another successful day diet wise so pleased with that and had a day off to boot. went out for a good walk and bought a new top, pretty pleasant day all in all. had a few phone catch ups with a couple of good friends which added to the good vibes.

jx

hi there

tomorrow i meet my counselor and tues i start the CDP. there is two and a half stone lazin about my couch that just doesnt need to be here and willpower allowing its days are numbered.

since the age of 11 or 12 dieting has been apart of my life, have tried and failed many yo-yoing up every time til i hit 18 st about ten years ago, i made a lot of changes then and got down to 11 st. my weight fluctuated between 11 and 12, not the size 10 id fancied but i could do all the things i wanted so was pretty content. a couple of years ago i went down to 10st and that worked very nicely but that was greatly helped by a big dose of poverty. once the cash flow restarted and the new man entered the picture my weight has been creeping up and currently at 12st 8. lately for the first time in years i feel like im losing control of my eating. im back to binging then good then more binging so my hope is i can get back on track. if i don t do something now it ll be 13 st then 14 and so on

im really up for the challenge but having read some of your threads know its going to be a hard road, still sick of stuffing my fat pie hole,
THE ROT STOPS NOW!!!

You're so right. I was in a similar situation and 'yo-yo'd' for many years. It can all be too much of a rollercoaster. The highs when you've done it and the lows when clothes don't fit again.

Then there's the self-confidence thing-don't you just feel so cross with yourself when you give in? All that hard work down (and sometimes expense) the drain?

I really want to start a new regime in the New Year but am so afraid to commit myself as I'm so concerned about failing. I know it's the wrong way of looking at it-be positive-I know, but sometimes it's no that easy.

I think that finding the right plan is half the battle-does anyone feel the same?

Good luck BTW!

You're so right. I was in a similar situation and 'yo-yo'd' for many years. It can all be too much of a rollercoaster. The highs when you've done it and the lows when clothes don't fit again.

Then there's the self-confidence thing-don't you just feel so cross with yourself when you give in? All that hard work down (and sometimes expense) the drain?

I really want to start a new regime in the New Year but am so afraid to commit myself as I'm so concerned about failing. I know it's the wrong way of looking at it-be positive-I know, but sometimes it's no that easy.

I think that finding the right plan is half the battle-does anyone feel the same?

Good luck BTW!

hi there daisy

you are so right about finding the right diet for you. once you ve found the plan that fits you the best it makes it eaiser in the long run. i decided to do Cambridge as i needed time out from food as id been slipping back into pretty bad habits. it gave me the break i needed to re evaluate my relationship with food and think there are a lot of folks who feel the same. it is quite a hard core plan with amazingly quick results but what you need to go through the steps or at least be very disciplined when you finish ss as you ve not learnt how to manage food properly. i personally would advise the steps myself but i know others have done it without.

try not to let your fear stop you if you are wanting to change. don t worry about 2,3 months down the line you really only have to worry about tomorrow, then next week. i found it was easier to break down my weight loss into half stone blocks, not as daunting.

i hope you find the right path for you and hopefully the new year will see the changes you want ( even if you start now you might be very surprised with what you can achieve

jxx

another day of dieting in the bag

have been particularly good this week as going out for a xmas lunch tomorrow and if scales are to be believed i ve lost a couple of pounds so hoping that this will mean with the weekends extravagances i might just stay the same over all
jx

well it was a magic weekend and just back from weigh in and thanks to my 5 days of good behaviour i am no heavier this week, hurrah!

the hotel looked stunning and everything was perfect. even had a right good knee s up after so much hilarity was had. sunday was one of those hangover days that a lot of comfort food was consumed but back on the straight and narrow today
jxx

thanks chick i love a dragon me!
am continuing on keeping it to 5 days of good behaviour, this weekend will be a big one but will try my best, im happy to enjoy the food but im fully aware that it doesn t take much to unravel the plan.i have taken myself in hand as soon as i ve had a planned splurge and all is well but think its because its xmas and you are trying to put right so many nights( oh poor popular me:) ) i am for the first time a little concerned as i can see me getting closer to temptation i.e oh well xmas is coming why dont you just relax this week? NO NO NO as i must keep a check on the eating, this must become a pattern for life not just the short term, its weird today i was so thirsty i ve drank loads of water and that plus my tea is making me feel like a right greedy guts even though i know that calorie wise, all correct, i ve walked a good 6 to 7 miles today between work and shopping so really should feel ok but a little out of sorts. suppose i just dont want to spoil all my effort, guess i ll just have to keep on one day at a time
jxx

Good on you for recognising that you need to reign in a bit and keep a firm hold of your 'greedy gene' . There is a temptation to cut lose because it's Christmas and there's so much on, but I think it's great that you've imposed a kind of deadline on yourself so every week day is about healthy food and living, and the weekend is for good times in moderation (calorie wise ;))

This is a really hard time of year to be focused and disciplined! Your technique is working great.... One day at a time sounds like a winner to me xx

managed to have a look at the scales today might have lost a wee half pound so that should keep the weekend frivolity from adding pre xmas fingers crossed. still having to really keep on top of myself diet wise as have def been moving closer to just having a wee treat here and there. i must not do this as it s all the wee treats that end up adding another half stone round your middle. i ll keep on plodding but every greedy gene of which seem to be about 80% of my make up are very keen for me to stick my face back in the trough. well do you know what fatty jen you can take a run and jump!

You tell her!! The biaaaatch! :asskick: Lol

Well done on that half pound loss!!!!! That really is brilliant :clap:

Seriously though pet, I'm the same and 'tis the season to be a jolly greedy gob' doesn't help! I went to Tesco earlier to grab a few bits and I swear I practically ran out after 20 minutes feeling persecuted! The food I tell ya, the foooood! But. The key here is what you do so well: Know Thyself. Slap down that voice of over indulgence. Not only have you done this successfully (negotiated the diet), you have the tools to maintain it..... and by January 3rd we'll all be sane again (okay, mildly depressing thought.) Hold tight! x

Last edited:
You tell her!! The biaaaatch! :asskick: Lol

Well done on that half pound loss!!!!! That really is brilliant :clap:

heh heh heh

thanks bev that last sentence really helped as your right by the 3rd sanity will of returned and all i have to do is get through the next few weeks relatively unscathed.

have a grand weekend, im just putting the finishing touches to preparation hydro, can t wait we re all so excited. i ve just realised i won t be having my spa today as i ve just had the hair and tan done and think the pool would look like there had been a horrible shark attack if i entered:) still i ll content myself with a laze round the hotel, its a hard life!

not sure who ll be around over the xmas period so wishing each and every one a fantastic festive period, here s to all our aspirations, dreams and goals for 2014 and BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope to see a few of the guys who ve gone a bit quiet back with avengeance once the xmas hurdle is over
jxx

Always a pleasure lol

:26::xmassign::winter_brr: (couldn't resist - but what's the chick with the big red boobs and gloves doing?!?)

Wait. What? You're going to a spa? I'm soooo there (*she groans in envy *) ....... Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!..... Er...... Yah...... Give the pool a miss lol They'll think they've been 'tangoed' :D

Big kisses and have a fabulouso weekend xx

Back