Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Me again, just playing with some numbers, rounded off for ease. At 77kg I will have lost 10% of my body weight. And to lose one third of my body weight I will be at 58kg and a very respectable BMI of 25. My goal for now is to see if I can reach 70kg for mid October and reach and maintain 68kg which is no longer obese for Christmas and into the new year.

Morning again, on track for another 1kg loss this week if I stay focused but it's getting harder. Lunch seems to be getting earlier each day and lazy foods creeping into it. I was so tired I did no physio, walking or swimming, I just needed to rest. I started to do some sewing, I've to make covers for some garden chairs, and standing at the table cutting the fabric has made my back very sore. And them I got stuck inside my own head wondering will I ever be better again, my numbness seemed very exaggerated yesterday particularly in my face.
Anyway, a new start today, I'm up late and need to do physio and then I've to visit the physio today. I'd like to go for a swim too but ned to arrange lifts to do both.
And we have a birthday this weekend, I've to set a table with Dinosaurs 🦕 😁
Chat later

Thanks for all the updates, you are so positive and doing really well xxx

Thanks @Halley, this is like a journal to keep ,myself focused . I'm having up and down days but feel like I'm in limbo, not knowing when or if there will be improvement and when I can drive or get back to work.
How are you getting on now?

Last edited:
17/06 86kg BMI 37.2
23/06 83.8kg weekly loss 2.2kg
30/06 82.6kg weekly loss 1.2kg
07/07 81.8kg weekly loss 0.8kg
14/07 80.5kg weekly loss 1.3kg
21/07 79.2kg weekly loss 1.3kg BMI 34.3
28/07 78.1kg weekly loss 1.1kg
04/08
Goal 80kg BMI 34.6

Morning, 1.1kg off this week. I can feel myself physically slowing down, less walking, less physio, trying to avoid swimming. I'm just exhausted. Went to the physio and she said that is a trait of a neurological event, exhaustion, and just to roll with it.
In good news she said the strength is improving in my right hand and she is happy with my progress. She has upped the intensity of my hip exercises. My return to work date was originally tomorrow, Monday, but the hip alone hasn't recovered enough to return. It's still painful and catching and need the crutches for anything more than wandering around the house.
Plan today is family brunch in the garden, the weather looks good out. And then if anyone is going to town I can get a lift and go swimming. I might bring Oscar today, it's been a while since he was in the pool.
Nothing else planned, might go for a walk.
Take care.💫

Well done on the losses h7n. Glad you managed a good walk. Hope little one enjoyed birthday. Pls be kind to yourself xxxx

Morning,weight up a bit today but was expecting it to be. We had two parties on Saturday and the big family brunch on Sunday. In fact I didn't weigh myself yesterday and need to be very focused this week.
Though today I'm just wrecked, went shopping with daughter and grandson yesterday for his birthday treat and walking around shopping centres has me exhausted. I can hear everyone in the house has got up and gone but I'm still in bed. Lunch was in McDonald's but I had the chicken salad and water then a homemade burger and salad for dinner last night.

A bit of gardening on Sunday and walking yesterday has made it clear to me that there is no major improvement in my hip at all. Anything more than 10 minutes pottering about in the kitchen, garden or a shop then the catch in it is back and I'm in pain and dragging it. I took paracetamol last night, I can't even take Ibuprofen any more for it.
Today was supposed to be my return to work date and I'm still on crutches

Morning, an unofficial hop on the scales and a little disappointed that I haven't lost the weekend gain yet, I was expecting a whoosie this morning.
Weather is glorious out, husband has to travel to Dublin today and asked if I wanted to go. I had said yes but changing my mind, I don't want to spend our only day of the summer in the car all day😆. I've said I need a sun lounger outside, the front of me is getting tanned from sitting in a chair reading or knitting but the back of me all white.
Chat later.

Morning,don't know what's happening this week but I'm not getting anywhere

Morning, me again😅. Finally got a move this morning, any loss at all this week will be a major achievement. I had a goal in mind that would have me at a 10% body weight loss but don't think I will make it. Ive an appointment with the stroke team next week and wanted a nice round number to present to them as part of a negotiation to reduce my meds.
Yesterday did physio, went for a walk and went to the pool. 3km walk but still on crutches, my gait just isn't correct without them and I limp. But might try today without them. Swam 28 lengths with arms only and did 12 lengths pool walking.
Foodwise im at one good meal a day and a snack meal. Yesterday had a yogurt pot at 1300 before swimming and then meatballs and green beans at 1800. The weather was really nice so then sat in garden with husband drinking some rose and ate some toasted almonds.
No plan for anything today, let's see how it goes.
Chat later.

Last edited:
Morning, managed a 1.5km walk without crutches. Happy with that but not walking properly. Limping a bit and dragging my leg

Hey lovely glad the scales have moved. We'll done on the walking. I've also been using 1 crutch for short trips. Ie car to post office. But 2 in supermarkets and scooter any longer. But did a circle in city today. Did use lifts but did 28 mins walking ( on and off-with coffee break) on 2 crutches I am on 3300 steps for today. So was V V slow pace but hey. Its a win.

Glad you soaked up some vitamin D in the sunshine. I had 2 gins ( measured with a children's nurofen 🤣 syringe 🤣🤣🤣 30 mls each) with lots of diet lemonade. You did well with McDonald's salad hun.

Sorry the hip is still sore I have empathy with my knee. Xxxx

Thanks Jules, I was banking so much on having my hip done. It was going to give me perfect mobility and be pain free. And now not only is it no better but I have numbness in my face, loss of sensation in my leg, my hand doesn't work, neurological deficits and a sh1t load of medication. Well, that's where I am at today. Will see what they say on Tuesday and make a plan from them.
I feel I am in limbo, no idea what tomorrow or next week will bring. No idea when or if I will ever feel right again and no return to work date yet.
Today I need to write a list of things to ask at the appointment as I keep forgetting stuff.

Weekly round up time. I've managed to loss 600g this week, I was hoping for 1kg but at one stage thought it might even be a gain so I'm happy with 600g. 100g more and I will have reached a 10% loss of total body weight.
I've set an ambitious target of 1kg for this week and need to focus to reach it. The amount of food isn't so much the issue but the timing of it and getting exercise. Rain this week meant less walks and I'm depending on others to drive me to the pool. It can mean hanging around waiting on lifts.

Food yesterday was some really good chicken goujons at about 3pm with mashed cauliflower and I had a yogurt pot at 6pm. Didn't swim or walk but got some work done in polytunnel. I've to make covers for the chairs out there and finding it so hard to focus on things like that.

Going to do physio now and then some pottering in the garden. I'd like to take Oscar to the pool today but only if someone is traveling to town

Good news, I needed a new swimsuit and offer was for two at a reduced price. So I bought an 18 and a 16, 18 is now too big so wearing the smaller one already. Dress size is now a proper 16 or size large. As I'm at home I'm wearing shorts and t shirts most of the time so not really noticing differences in my clothes.
It seems to be a fairly even loss overall except for one part, I'm not losing anything off my love handles. It's the one part not been touched by physio, walking or swimming. Regular swimming would do it but for now I'm still not using my legs. Hopefully another week and I can.
That's it for now, chat later 👍

Last edited:
Morning, it's official...I have lost 10% of my body weight. I've gone from 86kg to 77.4kg and I've done that in 7 weeks. I know that's probably a bit extreme and think the first three kilos was sheer fright but I have made a good start and set a good foundation and mindset to continue.
I have booked accommodation for sons wedding in Greece and we travel Oct 12th. I have set a target of 70kg in my head for that. That's just over 9 weeks and will be a push to do and will be my lowest in 6 years but worth aiming for. I would still be in the obese category but close to dropping into overweight.

Did go swimming yesterday with Oscar, only 16 lengths swimming and 12 lengths walking as that's all we had time for. Did some pottering in the polytunnel and my morning physio and that's all the exercise I had. Didn't eat until after the pool at 1600, the last of the meatballs, mashed cauliflower, some cheese, a yogurt pot and a square of dark chocolate. Eating once a day suits me, it doesn't always suit the day though.
Out today with husband to a vintage fair so will eat out. Out tomorrow too, off to the consultant in Dublin and then planning on seeing Mam too. So another day eating out. Need to shop and prep well for the rest of the week to stay on track with food and exercise.
Take care, chat later.

Back