What is your number 1 favourite meal

My favourite meals on SW are
1. Mousakka (mince, onions, garlic, tomatoes- kind of like a bolognese) with cumin, in lasagne type layers with aubergine first, mince second, and slices of potato third. Natural yogurt mixed with an egg on the top!)

2. Fish and chips and mushy peas :)

3. Cauliflower base pizza- yum! (Blitz cauliflower heads and microwave for 5 mins, add an egg and spread on frylight covered baking paper. Oven cook for 10 mins, flip and cook other side for 5. Then top up as a pizza and serve with chips!)

Very hard to pick just one...id say possibly Thai curry, so yummy and so low in syns!

Chopped chicken breast
Mushrooms, onions, peppers, babycorn, courgette, chopped/diced
1 chicken oxo/stock cube crumbled
S & P for seasoning
2tbsp red or green thai paste (2/3syns depending on brand then ÷ by number of people)
Coconut yoghurt (or FF yog with sweetner and coconut essense)
Served with boiled rice.
Mmmm so delicious, in fact may have for my tea tonight!!

My new favourite is braised beef stew with Yorkshire puds and parsnip mash...was in this month's magazine and I think it's gonna be one of those recipes that I keep coming back to!

Hi Everyone,

I have some friends over tonight and I am making the SW Diet Cola Chicken, I am going to follow the recipe but I just wondered if anyone had any tips for this or if there is anything you add that you think makes it taste even better? Just curious!

Also - Has anyone tried the Cake in a Cup? I saw it on Youtube... It was 1 x Egg, some Sweetener, and a Sachet of Options Hot Choc. She had it with some yoghurt, It looked quite nice actually! But I've seen people say its pretty yucky!

Again - Just curious! :)

Thanks Peeps xx

Hi Sapph. Yes, I've tried the Cake in a Cup, ages ago. It was ok. Tasted fine but didn't really fill the gap. Suppose, if you have Syns to spare, it'd be worth giving it a go! :)

Kathy xx

My new favourite is braised beef stew with Yorkshire puds and parsnip mash...was in this month's magazine and I think it's gonna be one of those recipes that I keep coming back to!
Thanks for recommendation! I did the piri piri chicken and turkey tagine from this months magazine. Both yummy!

Ooh sounds yum! Was it in the main mag or the little pub food thing?

It's in the main mag, p38! My mouth is watering just looking at the picture again!!! And for once, it actually looks as good as it does in the recipe photo!

I've also made the chicken, white wine and mushroom pasta on pg74, which was really yummy and one I'll definitely make again (it'd go well with rice too).

Also made the roasted veg and rocket pesto penne on pg81, but wasn't a fan of the pesto (although that night I came down with a sickness bug which is probably why, but has put me off it). Not sure you can beat proper pesto though!

Next on my list to male is the steamed jam sponge pudding on pg84- looks immense!

My fave meal if chilli beef noodles from the website. I often use it with left over roast beef (extra yummy) or i'll buy some steak especially

slice beef, place in a bowl & add 1tbsp chilli flakes & 1tbsp dark soy leave to marinate (sometimes i just leave it while I'm preparing the other ingredients, other times it can be a few hours)
slice & fry an onion
add to onions 1/2 of 3 different peppers (sliced)
cook WM noodles
turn frying pan off, add beef & warm through, avoiding overcooking
add cooked noodles, mix up & serve.

One of the most flavoursome meals i cook & so so so simple!!!

My favourite is SW Beef Wellington, it is well worth the 6 syns for the Filo pastry, it is a bit pricey as you use Fillet Steak but great for a special meal.

i always change my mind and i have more then one lol heres a few meals i eat the most :confused:

pasta meat balls
egg sausage and chips beans
cheesy ham potatoe bake
diet coke chicken
beef stew
hunters chicken and chips

My new fave is chilli enchaladas...yum!

butterbean and butternut squash stew (really didn't like the sound of it but made it and really liked it)
honey and mustard salmon
chicken tikka masala
jerk chicken and rainbow kebabs

My current favourite is Slimming World 'Speedy chicken and vegetable rice'. It's absolutely gorgeous. I stir through a teaspoon of sesame oil (2 syns) at the end to give it a really delicious kick. I cook it a lot for my sister, too, but because she's vegan I omit the egg and swap the chicken with tofu. It's great as a no-meat dish, too.

My only issue is that the bags of stir-fry vegetables can be quite pricey, so it's probably better to buy loose vegetables (baby corn, peppers, onions, soya beans, bean sprouts, etc.) and cut them up yourself. A little more time-consuming, but it would save a lot of money. :) x

Just discovered the SW Nacho type recipe with Primula cheese. Absolutely delicious. I made it with meatfree mince but it is now my most favourite meal. Very filling.

Back