20 somethings

Yeah it is expensive, I did save for a long time... everyone thought I was nuts!! I have a psychology background so maybe that's why I went for it when others wouldn't bother... I massively respect those who can lose a lot of weight and maintain it on pure will power / elbow grease!!

Anyway, mum has made me a "slimming world" shepards pie, when she told me I was so touched I thought it was sweet! As she's slim and goes to th gym everyday, she thinks SW is silly, so I was pleased! I'm even getting my own portion so I can do my own mash as the others will want butter. So I asked what has gone into the meat bit, and she tells me all the ingredients... then reveals she used 2 packs of 10% lean mince, and 1 pack of 5% because "it has to have some flavour".... GRRR!!! I didn't have the heart to tell her that's no longer free.. I'll just have to deduct a couple syns whenever I have it..

Aww thanks philly, I wouldn't really say that! Eating 10 dinners in 7 days! I am loving mini goals still. I can't believe that (after I started losing weight) I'd never get my club 10, then my interim felt forever away and now it is just half a lb away. I have set my interim targets as such that after my club 10 I never needed to lose more than I had already lost so I know I can make it to the next goal.

Bless your mum. They do try (and sometimes are just trying!) I do most of the cooking now which is good, mum is a bit liberal with the frylight, and I once caught dad putting lard on the beef! Dad is just happy whatever food is put in front of him, and mum joined sw before I did, else she'd be worse than yours! You could cook for your mum one day something she'd never expect to be diet food, and full of flavour. Our shepherd's pie has always had curry powder in too, sooo good. Not like curry but just lots of flavour.

I love Miranda, she is really funny and I am sure you'll love it when you get it. I have a kindle and I love it!! I would highly recommend it, I thought I would miss the feel of a book in my hands but I don't so now I use my kindle more than books, in fact I have been trying to get rid of lots of my books so I have some more room. She did a free book for the kindle, which I've not yet read, but I am looking forward to enjoying that :)

I would still be happy with a loss of over 3 stone so I hope she is too. Everyone looses at different rates so it's just one of those things. I know it'll take me ages as I really struggle to follow the plan even though it's really easy but I am going to get there in the end.

Lots of people are sceptical about hypnotherapy but as I've seen it work for someone I believe in it. I hope it's given you the tools to change your mind set ready for starting SW. I think it was really sweet of your Mum to try even though it didn't quite work out!!

Had chicken, SW chips and beans for tea, I know it doesn't have 1/3 superfree but it was so nice. I really wish beans were super free as I'd never struggle again!! They go with everything. I also wish mushy peas were super free as I like fish and chips SW style and it's cheap and inexpensive to make so fits in with me being super skint at the moment and fresh food does cost so much even though it's the best for you, I've noticed prices going up too which is a shame

I love her too. My mum constantly tells me and everyone else that I am Miranda. Then she read an except of her book and said I couldn't read it because I am too much like her. Haha. The kobo glo has a backlight which I wanted and put me off buying one last year because no where had one. I figure the kobo is only £15 more than the dress I wanted.

I hope she is pleased because it is great. It didn't make much of a dint on what I need to shift though. :/ consultant is back next week though and hopefully find out if the rumour is just a rumour or not.

Haha at least you have some fun then :) I do wish my kindle had a back light as that is the only thing is doesn't have that would make it better but the battery on it is amazing, I read most days on it for a short time and I haven't had to charge it for a good couple of months.

Maybe you can have both? One for one target the other when get to final target...you'll be there before you know it :) Am hoping for good news on your consultant

3st is about half of what I want to lose. I will still be over weight once that's off but once I start to see it going down it'll be great.

I have WI tomorrow and I hope I get a loss, I haven't weighed myself at home so by this time tomorrow I will know my fate :) I would really like 2 off this week and 2 next...including tomorrow I have 10 weeks left until xmas so 9 WI's, I would be very happy with being in the low 14's by the end of the year so that is what I am going to aim for.

Think another couple of us on here had WI today so hope it went well for all of you

Hey gals.. had a great day today food wise. Haven't been picking all night, either, but feel I should use some syns, and my 2nd HEB. So I'm going to have some tea and toast.
Anybody get a chance to look at my link yet? At the risk of sounding repetitive, I would love some feedback, good or bad!

I do 99% of my cooking, I always have - but especially now with SW! That's why I was so surprised she made something low fat for me... I did feed her SW chips the other day which she said were wicked, then she made sweet potato wedges with fry light so I could eat them! Sweet! I'll convince her soon enough.. I really hope I manage to be as motivated as you, how long has 4 stone taken you?

I used to love veg but I swear I've had an overload since I started SW again! Every now and then I cheats bit on my super free, just by having peas or sweet corn.... Or occasionally even none!! (Naughty I know!!), I can only keep so much veg in the house at once and side salads start getting smaller and smaller, sometimes you need a little break!

Good Luck for tomorrow star!

Star, they sold out of the dress I wanted. I do have lots of clothes though, and still got £26 left from my grandad. I have nearly 10 stone to lose. If I focus on that I'd cry! I have my fingers crossed for you. Well done for not weighing yourself between weigh ins! You'll do fab. I held out because I wanted the backlight and hoped one would be made.

Well done mandy! You're going to kick ass this week! About you singing, honestly, if I could sing like that I wouldn't talk, I'd just sing everything!

That's great philly, my mum stole some of my chips I made at lunchtime and started asking me to make her some (she'd already had her lunch). I joined on the 18th of January this year. I lost 12lbs since 2 weeks before that thank you tummy bug! But my stats are my official ones. During that time I have had various family visits and my son's first birthday. A great motivator is the fact I update Facebook every week, losses, gains or maintains. Everyone knows how I am doing and I want to do well. That and last time I gained half a lb another sw member hit me! She has been at Target for 14 years.

I bought the Miranda book and Xmas presents for my nieces and most of Nate's Christmas presents (i have selected the remaining ones on Amazon to stalk if the price goes down. On it!

Morning ladies, gosh we chat so much this thread just keeps getting bigger and bigger. That's amazing with the 4 stone award Fran, totally jealous but super chuffed for you hehe!

I can't listen just at the minute Mandy but I will and I'll get back to you :)
Anyone any nice plans for today? I'm off so I'm going to the gym and chilling in front of the TV (providing the electric stays on...it's been on and off all night due to storms grr)

Thanks jenna, I'm jealous of your healthy bmi! :p

Sounds like a good day. I just have a normal boring day. Tomorrow I have to try to get to a work focussed interview but it is quite a few towns over and I will have to take monster because there is no one to watch him. I think it'll involve me saying o can't afford child care, the only jobs are evening and weekend (holiday town) my parents won't watch him for me and they go away a lot anyway so I couldn't rely on them. What I would like to do is a pgce so I could teach but again no money and no childcare and I won't qualify for a free course on the open university because I have a degree. Unfortunately, even if I could get childcare part time in a supermarket pays less than the childcare costs, not even bringing transport into it. If I could work from home (not sales as that git me really depressed last time!) Then I would be happy to bit all i can find are sales and scams. :( it all feels ****. And yep. I would love to work so I am not draining my savings and can afford more for my son because his dad is only forced to pay £5 a week for the past year, and nothing before then. Yep, whole situation feels dump. I know it sounds nuts to then pay out a lot for hitting goals but it ia the only way to keep me focussed, this Xmas one is big because it has had a time restriction too, and combined with xmas and birthday.

So generally feeling stressed about it all. Never been on benefits before and right now it feels forever before I will get off rhem.

Ugh that's awful about the childcare preventing you from working. It's amazing how the government want more people to work yet there aren't provisions in place to help people who actually want to work like yourself but can't because of circumstance.

I can't believe that your wee boys dad is only made to pay £5 granted my dad didn't actually pay a single penny for me growing up and whilst he got me big things for birthdays and Christmas it really annoys me now that he put my mum in that position and then almost tried to 'outshine' her on special occasions.

I've been to the gym and really worked my ass off this morning, feel very smug that I worked hard and enjoyed it. Then I went to New Look (yep all sweaty and minging) and bought 2 tops and a pair of shoes. I need to stop spending aghhh!

Sorry for my moan this morning! Must be something in the air. Oh his dad doesn't try to outshine me, or if he does he fails miserably. I got sick of him messing Nate about earlier this year and stopped responding to his texts. Nate has seen him twice, and he doesn't seem to be any worse for it other than he is very clingy with me. We went for a walk this morning getting leaves and things for a picture then we both had a nap! (he hasn't been sleeping properly for months) was lovely, but had to make goulash instead for dinner because it takes less time.

Sounds like the gym was fun! What were the tops like?

Been having a 100% day. Lunch was late and mostly fruit because I hadn't made anything and was eating while making dinner. Saved a b choice and my syns for something nice tonight.

Just popping in quickly to say HI :)

Hope eveyone's day went well. I have WI later so am hoping for a loss, I feel confident I will get one as I pretty much always do after TOTM a lot of water will have left me since last week as I get bloated at TOTM.

Jenna well done on keeing going to the gym, it's great you're enjoying it so much :)

Mandy - sorry I haven't had the internet speeds at the moment to use youtube as it'd keep crashing every few seconds but will try and watch, I am sure you're amazing on it!!

Oh Fran, you are doing so well with SW and it's good that you've lost so much in the space of time you have, just think how different your xmas pictures will be this year :) Don't worry about your rant, I don't mind at all, as I know sometimes you need to get it out :)

I hope no one minds the chat/off topic nature of a lot of this thread but if anyone does mind speak up, I like that we get tips from each other and seeing all of your losses, gains or STS as it's good to be in contact with other of a similar age going through the same thing

Just popping in quickly to say HI :)

I hope no one minds the chat/off topic nature of a lot of this thread but if anyone does mind speak up, I like that we get tips from each other and seeing all of your losses, gains or STS as it's good to be in contact with other of a similar age going through the same thing

I love it, the majority of my friends have no idea what it's like to struggle with your weight and to actually have to work at maintaining a healthy weight/working to get there so it's lovely to have you guys to bounce off...about weight stuff and everything else!

I'm having the same problem as you Star regarding Mandy's video. My internet is playing up something shocking and I can't even use my phone as I've hit my data limit for the month so any data I do get is dead slow and stop. I will definitely listen...I just can't guarantee when grr!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you star. :)

Forgot to say we saw a snake and a pheasant on our walk today. There are a lot of pheasants around at the moment. It was worth my son yelling "shoe! Shoe!" And him trying to put his wellies on. I think he is going to be making sure I do my body magic! But he also tried to eat half my breakfast this morning too!

Not dreading tomorrow so much now, I figure if they don't make nate's dad work for over a year it may be just box ticking rather than a telling off... And if they can help with working from home so i can save up to do a pgce when nate is 3 it'd be wonderful!

I agree fran! Definitely habits for life. My friend who is trying to lose weight with me started on lighter life when I started sw, she then switched to Cambridge but is now wanting to go back to lighter life as the weight comes off quicker. I don't think she realises that while it may be easier to lose the weight you really need to spend your weight loss experimenting with foods, finding out what works for your body and what doesn't. I have tried to tell her to keep on at sw but idk if she will

That's a shame, I hope she gets there in the end. My friend, her sister and her mum all joined sw at the start of the year. (just before I did but I didn't know until she emailed me) but she struggled, then switched to calorie counting with pharmacy check ups but she told me this week she has given that up too. I'm really sad for her because she was overweight at school too (we went to the same school) and she wanted to lose weight for her wedding next year. I'm hoping she will give sw another go. She says her family and boyfriend aren't any help so a group support would be great but she's just disheartened and I can't take het to my group because I live 6 hours away. I know telling her to go back won't help until she is ready, just hoping seeing me post weightloss/gains each week will maybe nudge her. She has told me I need to come live with her and be her cook so she has to stick to plan. If life were only that easy eh! But I am hoping she won't get married disappointed with how she looks.

Actually another friend was moaning about wanting to lose weight (3 stone) and it turned out she had done sw in the past, lost 1 stone, got bored, stopped going and put it back again. I just keep hoping I won't do that too!

Back