810 meal ideas

Hi
Im a little confused I am reading that the 790 was supposed to keep you in ketosis, but am assuming the 810 does not?
How do we make the celeriac or parsnip chips does anyone know?
Does anyone know how much deviation is allowed? and is swede and beansprouts or sweet potato def off the menu?
OR does it not really matter so long as your calorie aware, assuming theres no ketosis involved in the 810? Yet I am still reading people refering to ketosis in this plan? very confused?

Rule of thumb...if it aint in the book, it aint allowed i'm afraid!
Its not about calories on its own, its about cals, fat, carbs, protein and vits and minerals so deviating from the plan can effect the losses you'll have.
Much better idea to stick to the book and introduce the other food when stated!
hth

x

Good luck

l'm on CD 810 now, glad this thread is here.

Just started 810 tonight - am I allowed to use a few sprays of 1 cal fryspray? I had friend turkey and 6 small stalk of tenderstem broccoli, it was lovely!

Also, I'm not having my milk as I don't drink milk, tea or coffee. Hope this won't be a problem.

Thinfor30, i'm not a milk drinker so discussed with my cdc and agreed i can have the calorific equivalent of fat free fromage frais. 0.5pt of skimmed is equiv to approx 200g from frais. Which is a huge amount, i mix a bit of splenda granulated in it, and cos i'm on 1000 have fruit mixed in. Makes a good 2 bowls which can be split through day.

Obviously, people may be thinking i am being really irrelevent, as this is an 810 thread, but think its nice to look foreward to something!

I struggles a bit with 810, it felt a bit stuck in the middle, neither eating, or using just ss. So ended up nibbling....and losses not too great. So moved up to 1000 and this is so much easier for me, the fruit makes it well worth it, and easy to stick to. 1st WI today and looking like a 4-5lb i think!

BTW, I condensed all the recipes on here onto one sheet, so to keep on pc and at hand, or print off. If anyone wants them pm me, and it'll save you time! xx

Good luck all xx

Hi butterfly, thanks for the advice. I'd love a copy of the recipe sheet if that's okay? I'll PM you my email address!

Do you need something of the dairy variety as your milk substitute? I've been having an Options/Highlights for the past month or so (to keep me sane in winter) and it hasn't affected things too much. I was going to carry on doing that so maybe I shouldn't have anymore calories.

810 seems to be a bit of a no man's land. I feel quite hungry but I think it's pyschological! Looking forward to 1000 quite a bit actually.

Just to update if anyone's doing 810.

I have felt very bloated and worried over the last few days, even though I am enjoying eating more! I'm so paranoid about putting on weight. I have relaxed a bit today and know I have to work up the plans at some point so I can't put it off forever.

My CDC says I can have 150ml of low fat fromage frais instead of milk - Asda do a very low fat one which is lovely mixed with a sprinkle of berry water flavouring! I think I prefer it to the supermarket yoghurts with all their nasty preservatives - plus cheaper! (84p for 500ml I think)

Oh and thanks to butterfly for the great recipes and tips : )

I don't drink milk, but really like Total 0% fat Greek yoghurt. It's only 52 cals per 100g.

I am on day 3 of 810 and so far I have had a mushroom ommlette, chicken (grilled) with mushrooms and cucumber on the side and celery and cottage cheese!! I feel so full after I eat but the chewing sensation is a nice one!! xxx

Hi .. Would it be ok for me to come along and follow your thread? Have been doing 810 last week and lost almost all of what I'd re-gained during a big SLIP. But enjoy it, like the fact you can eat a meal too and have some planned active days out with work and the kids I look after, so will up those days to the 1200. I enjoy cooking and always look at differnt ways in how we can use our allowances.

This is absolutely luscious and 810 friendly:

Meatballs
Turkey mince
1 egg
pinch of dried or half a leaf of fresh sage
pinch of chilli powder
1 mushroom

Mince turkey breast in a blender and combine with 1 egg. add in herbs, spices and mushrooms and transfer the mixture onto a chopping board.
Mold the mixture into meat balls (or form into a small meat loaf shape) and bake in the oven, dry and serve. Try a blob of fromage frais or a dollop of cottage cheese on the side to dip.
To die for xx

Last edited:
Ive dreamed this little baby up because CD soups taste bloody awful.

Chicken Broth - a real winter warmer

half a pint of boiling water with some chicken boullion (I buy Kello chicken boullion with reduced salt).
Shredded cooked chick breast
1tbs of chopped spring onions
1 tbs of chopped mushroom
1 tbs of super chopped cabbage leaves
pepper
spice to suit

Bung all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Its a super clear and fine soup but so warming and filling for these chilly nights ahead.

Thought i'd add some of the recipes I eat incase it helps someone.
I am on SS+ but guess the quantities could be changed for 810.
I am still looking for more ideas for meals.
-----
Tuna with balsamic vinegar and black pepper, or tuna with chilli flakes and worcester sauce. wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
1 egg omelette with 1/2 allowance haddock and black pepper - a bit like omelette arnold bennett
Chicken cooked with mixed herbs
Chicken cooked with balsamic vinegar
Quorn Mince cooked with mixed herbs, mushrooms and/or cabbage, paprika, black pepper, chilli flakes. A bit like chilli.
Haddock/Fish I cook in the microwave with dried mixed herbs and chilli flakes and black pepper.
Basically I add black pepper and chilli flakes to almost everything!

Sorry if all these things have already been mentioned but this is what I eat!! Hope its ok to have balsamic vinegar too!!

I thought I would add what I've been having on SS+! (Do we not have an SS+ meal ideas thread??)

Chicken stir fry - Cut your chicken breast up in to chunks and shake on some Schwartz Perfect Shake chinese 5 spice seasoning. Stir fry for a few minutes and add plenty of mushrooms and strips of white cabbage and add a little water. It is lovely.

Tandoori chicken stew - Cut your chicken in to chunks and marinade in tandoori spice mix for an hour or so then brown for a few minutes in a pan. Pop it in to a slow cooker (or you sould probably do it quicker in a pan if you dont have a slow cooker) and add whatever veg you would like. I had broccoli and mushrooms last time. Add a chicken stock cube to a jug of water (I use a pyrex glass measuring jug full for 2 people, not sure how much this is) and add curry powder, garam masala and paprika, and whatever else you fancy chucking in. Cook for a few hours. I was hoping at first that it would come out sort of like a chicken curry but it comes out like a stew but curry flavour :) It's nice when it's cold outside!

I also have - Piri piri spiced grilled chicken. Fajita spiced grilled chicken. Mushroom and broccoli omlettes.

Not sure if all of those spices I use are officially allowed, but my CDC said I can use any powdery spice mix because it will not make any difference to my weight loss. I wouldnt have stuck to it without them! I highly reccommend the Schwartz Perfect Shake things you can buy. Yummy :)

Here's one from me:

85g chicken breast (diced)
40g lentils
veg stock
spinach
garam masala
ground corriander
black pepper
(and other curry flavours (dry) you fancy)

Dry fry the chicken with some garam masala (I use about 5 sprays of olive oil fry light actually which my CDC says is fine)
Add the stock lentils and other spices, simmer until lentils have absorbed enough stock and are soft.
Add spinach - it IS hard to estimate what will be three table spoons when wilted down, but I would say three handfuls of baby spinach is about right. You just put the spinach in whole, clean and raw. As you mix it in it wilts, and brings all the lentils and chicken together.

Don't use too much stock as it will be too runny. If you have any in your allowance add a Tablespoon of fromage frais or yogurt as well.

It's yum. Honestly!

maybe a silly question but what is garam masala and where can I get it!?

also another silly one... don't really like yoghurt does it taste different when cooked with stuff?

xxx

maybe a silly question but what is garam masala and where can I get it!?

also another silly one... don't really like yoghurt does it taste different when cooked with stuff?

xxx

Yes, you cant really taste the yoghurt when used in cooking, as its normally the plain variety (which doesn't really taste of anything - to me, anyway.)

It tends to take on the flavour of whatever is strongest in your dish :)

Yes, you cant really taste the yoghurt when used in cooking, as its normally the plain variety (which doesn't really taste of anything - to me, anyway.)

It tends to take on the flavour of whatever is strongest in your dish :)

Thank you! :) I'll give it a go then! x

Back