Bournemouth meet - 24th/25th October - with guaranteed sun!!! and Sandy Balls :-)

You talk???I can out talk you for England.
Think a hotel bar might be a good venue for Saturday afternoon(If Kds garden unavailable??!!)

Garden is unavailable owing to it being already fully booked with weeds.

No doubt KD will know all the salubrious night time places to go Susan!!!

Ha! The only local night time meeting place I know is the street corner, home to the local chavs :D

So yes, I am as useless as the mop on the titanic:eek:, but I will consult the oracle (son No. 1). And if gives me the usual answer..."I dunno:confused:" I will threaten that we will all turn up at the pub where he works. That'll do it :clap:

Wonder if Cheryl (Pandora) knows a good place. Come to that, why isn't Cheryls name down here?:confused: Pandora....Pandora...where for art though Pandora????

I would suggest somewhere in the Old Christchurch Road region for the evening. Plenty of bars up that neck of the woods :) xxx

So yes, I am as useless as the mop on the titanic:eek:

lol That totally appealed to my sense of humour. I must remember that one x

There's loads of pubs here, and nightclubs (if you like that type of thing :)) I'm more of a 'lets sit and chat in peace' type of person myself :D

Right, so chatted with DS1 and he said that most of the pubs on a Saturday afternoon will be chocker block with football fans watching the TV.

Only about 3 pubs don't have the footie on. He suggested The Mary Shelley

The Mary Shelley Bournemouth

I've never been there. No idea what it's like, but he thinks it's probably suitable. Good location, so a good starting point. Unless anyone else knows something better.

I wonder if one of the hotels would be a better place to meet on Saturday afternoon,especially after York when we 'lost' our table in the bar.

I wonder if one of the hotels would be a better place to meet on Saturday afternoon,especially after York when we 'lost' our table in the bar.

That's fine by me. Preferably a hotel where one of you is staying? happy to go along with what suits all.

BTW, I'm working until late tonight, then going away for a few days (work related) I'll be back Thursday night/Friday morning, depending if I can find a place to pitch my tent :D

Will definitely be back in time for the meet!

Working Friday, so will try to get over Friday night. Working Saturday morning to early afternoon...but free after that :clap:

Can't wait to meet you lot again, and anyone I haven't met yet :cool:

Not long now :bliss:

Not sure what time we'll arrive on Friday - but I have a few mobile numbers - so will text someone! I'm easy as where to meet up on the Saturday .... do you think we'll definately get a table at Mary Shelly KD?? If not then maybe we can all meet at Brittania as that seems to be where most are staying?? What do other people think??

I've found two Britannia hotels - which one is everyone staying in? I've also found the Menzies East Cliff with a really good deal but I'm not sure how close it is to everyone else

I've found two Britannia hotels - which one is everyone staying in? I've also found the Menzies East Cliff with a really good deal but I'm not sure how close it is to everyone else

Any answers to Helen's questions? Just in case ... ;)

Thanks DQ, I'm trying to work it so I can at least be there for Saturday. Really cheap rates for Friday night so may travel & stay Friday and come home Saturday evening.

Sorry - forgot to thank Summersky for bumping my question - Thanks Summersky

Last edited:
An I'll try typing it correctly this time!

Thanks Summerskye!

Where and what time from?? I am getting to my friends house about lunchtime, so we will be free mid afternoon ish!

Looking forward to it! I dont suppose someone could pm me a mobile number or 2?? Just in case?:)

Thanks Beverley, much appreciated. See you Saturday!

Back