Daily chat...

isn't there sugar in condensed milk?...did you check the tin ? x

Don't panic, I am condensing my own - see Jo/Anja's recipe in the recipe section for toffee sauce. Trouble is I don't have a pressure cooker so I don't know how long it will take.

Don't panic, I am condensing my own - see Jo/Anja's recipe in the recipe section for toffee sauce. Trouble is I don't have a pressure cooker so I don't know how long it will take.

Ok Mr Mannering! :) x

no idea how long it would take...hours and hours presumably and make sure it doesn't boil dry ;) x

Ok Mr Mannering! :) x

no idea how long it would take...hours and hours presumably and make sure it doesn't boil dry ;) x

I can't believe you would think I would be ok eating condensed milk from a tin :D
(actually I find it too sweet - but I'm sure my Mum used to eat it on toast when she was little - probably why she has diabetes now!!)

well I was going with teh toffee sauce for about 4 1/2 hours anbd suddenly remembered it and it looked quite brown (was jsut about to boil dry). All jharred up now - and tastes pretty good, but I think it has come out differently to Anja's as I didn't get as far as the solid bit. Maybe I should have left it to cook for longer, but it tastes pretty scrummy so I quit before I burned it!

OK here we go.
pictures:The pumpkin loaf I made the other week, Mungbean on DD bed being a bit vocal and the toffee sauce.
The sauce I followed Anja's recipe but put it all in a pudding basin covered in foil in a pan of water and simmered for about 4 1/2 hours. I am trying to decide whether or not to blitz it with a bit more milk or not - I will see how thick it sets.

Attachments

• RIMG0008.jpg
    RIMG0008.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 45
  • RIMG0009.jpg
    RIMG0009.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 40
  • RIMG0012.jpg
    RIMG0012.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 46
pic no 1 - nice
pic no 2 - meeeaaaoooowwwwweeeee ;)
pic no 3 - bogies in a jar?

i didnt like to mention ;)

i love you :p and your bogies and your bogie walls :D

I have just blitzed it, as per the recipe, with a little more milk and it is all lovely and smooth - could have eaten the lot!!

pumpkin cake recipe?

toffee sauce looks gooooooooooorgeous :D post me some lol x

Oh dear I'm not very good with recipes!

It was basically about 300g of cooked pumpkin cubes, which I then blitzed with a few tbspns of plain yoghurt.

I then added some spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, 3 eggs and 2 days worth of brans. Oh and also a couple of tbspns of sweetner.

All into a loaf tin and cooked for about half an hour. Cut into two and lasted 2 days.

Back