FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Week 3- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 28g porridge (HEXb) with 150ml semi-skimmed milk (3/5 HEXa) and sliced banana.

Lunch-Salmon fillet (cooked on George Foreman) with 2 -egg courgette omelette and salad (Baby Gem, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion).

Tea- Curried parsnip soup (onion, parsnips, potatoes, curry powder, cumin, paprika, milk- 0.5 syns) Small bit of wholemeal bread (2.5 syns) Spaghetti bolognese (xl beef mince, onion, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, beef stock, basil, thyme, seasoning, tomato puree 0.5 syns, red wine 1.5 syns, little grated cheddar-2/5 HEXa), spaghetti.

2 small chunks M&S chocolate (4 syns).

Weetabix Toffee Oatybar (3.5 syns)

Total syns 12.5

Last edited:
just checking up on ya!!! looking good babes!!! ive been off the rails, so cant preach about being angelic right now! although today is going well. I jumped on my home scales, and not a good number showed itself.

I want to get the number reduced for Thursday night weigh in.

It will be less. Oh yes. It will be less.

Ellebear said:
just checking up on ya!!! looking good babes!!! ive been off the rails, so cant preach about being angelic right now! although today is going well. I jumped on my home scales, and not a good number showed itself.

I want to get the number reduced for Thursday night weigh in.

It will be less. Oh yes. It will be less.

Oh hun, it must be so tricky at the moment knowing you've got such amazing celebrations ahead but trying to exercise a little damage limitation before it all kicks off! Well I would say try not to worry too much about it, do your best between now and Sat but enjoy your food and don't deny yourself! No doubt there'll be a glass or 2 of Ye olde bubbly on Fri eve?! Do you plan to just go for it on honeymoon and forget about SW for a couple of weeks? Or do you plan to eat healthily? X

:bighug:
Thanks Susano!! Yes yes yes, come and join us in our 100% week!! We'll have a blast (and lots of veg...which in turn could give us a bum blast Hehee!) I have some work to do, but I'm feelin poz! X

Thanks Hev and by the way I know I have more balls than most men but I am Susana .... a , lady, o man :8855:

I think I have been 100% today. Does it mean no syns. Forgive me for being dim but I am not edjumulacted like what you clever ladies is:8855:.

hugs:bighug:

Hevs - great to see your food diary back. Well done chica
:bighug:

Thanks Hev and by the way I know I have more balls than most men but I am Susana .... a , lady, o man :8855:

Nice one Sue !!!

an i on the end is also masculine so you shouldn't really call be Beverooni.
Should be Beveroonia . . . :8855:

Mind you, mum spelt my name the boy's way on my birth certificate !!! :D

Ha you gals (not guys as I was about to say!!!) I hadn't even considered the endings of the names being masculine!! In future I shall only end in a, elle or ess when it comes to feminine names!! I have a friend called Lori who's a girl, and my friend's daughter is called Juno!! Surely they are breaking the law?!!!

Sue, 100% certainly doesn't mean 'no syns'!! it simply means sticking to the SW plan 100%, which means 5-15 syns per day and the appropriate number of HEXs for you and the plan you're on!! Simples!! (Well it should be, but things don't always go to plan....) I've had my first 100% day today of my new week and really pleased so far! I made a curried parsnip soup which went down a storm with Dai and my bezzie Lara and also a spagbol, the only syns being those from a slosh of red wine which had to be done!! Yum! I love cooking!!X

Week 3- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb). A banana and some fresh pineapple chunks.

Lunch- Homemade curried parsnip soup (see yest! 0.5 syns for milk) So yummy i'm definitely making this bad boy again!! A little grated cheddar- 14g (1/2 HEXa). A cherry Activia fat free yogurt (small pot).

Tea- Bolognese (see yest- 1 syn for red wine) served with spring greens, green beans, brussels sprouts and a little mashed potato. 14g grated cheddar (1/2 HEXa).

Snack- 2 chunks of M&S Mountain Bar (4 syns).

Late evening- A meringue nest (2.5 syns) with strawberries, raspberries and 2% Total Greek yoghurt (0.5 syns).

Minimal milk in 3 cups of tea (0.5 syns).

Total syns 9.

Last edited:
Hevs - can you post the quantities for the curried parsnip soup please. I love soup and I love parsnips and as I'm about to not be quite so strict the odd extra syns for parsnips on a red day will be ok I reckon. Or I can have it on green days.

Hevs - can you post the quantities for the curried parsnip soup please. I love soup and I love parsnips and as I'm about to not be quite so strict the odd extra syns for parsnips on a red day will be ok I reckon. Or I can have it on green days.

Well Bev being an Extra-Easy gal I didn't take any notice of the quanitites!! I used a large onion to start off (chopped and softened), followed by about 6 medium to large parsnips and about 6 medium potatoes (all chopped), sweated it all together with curry powder (approx 1 tbspn), some cumin powder and some paprika, threw in some veg stock, boiled, simmered for about an hour, then blended until smooth. Then I threw in 100 mls semi-skimmed milk to make it 'cream of' (well as close as...) I'm soooo going to make tons of soups this winter it's not even funny!!!X

I live on soup! Even in the summer!
My lunch almost every day is soup, fruit and yoghurt.
Lots of superfree and now't else! But enough of both to sink a battleship.

So any new recipes I can get hold of are grabbed quickly! Variety being the spice of life. Especially the curried variety. :8855:

Last edited:
Pommette said:
I live on soup! Even in the summer!
My lunch almost every day is soup, fruit and yoghurt.
Lots of superfree and now't else! But enough of both to sink a battleship.

So any new recipes I can get hold of are grabbed quickly! Variety being the spice of life. Especially the curried variety. :8855:

Great! Like minded soup-souls!! I feel a new thread coming on....purely for sharing soup ideas...wodya think?! Reckon it would catch on? X

Great! Like minded soup-souls!! I feel a new thread coming on....purely for sharing soup ideas...wodya think?! Reckon it would catch on? X
It probably would you know!

Another quick question. I know you like your spicey stuff. So what strength curry powder did you use, and how hot did it turn out? I do like spicey things but if they get too hot, well . . .

Pommette said:
It probably would you know!

Another quick question. I know you like your spicey stuff. So what strength curry powder did you use, and how hot did it turn out? I do like spicey things but if they get too hot, well . . .

I used about 1 tbspn of hot curry powder and about 1 tspn each of cumin and paprika, and it wasn't very hot because there was quite a bit of volume in the soup! Just right I'd say and the test was my friend Lara who came to tea and she can't take hot stuff like I can and said it was just right! Of course you don't have to add the paprika- I did that for extra bite..grrrwww! Ooh I'm excited now to find out what you think! X

I used about 1 tbspn of hot curry powder and about 1 tspn each of cumin and paprika, and it wasn't very hot because there was quite a bit of volume in the soup! Just right I'd say and the test was my friend Lara who came to tea and she can't take hot stuff like I can and said it was just right! Of course you don't have to add the paprika- I did that for extra bite..grrrwww! Ooh I'm excited now to find out what you think! X
Ah now that will be the challenge. Finding parsnips here is a bit hit and miss. They aren't always available and when they are they can be pants. Rock hard and no taste.

WOOOHOOO!! I managed a 100% day yest!! lol!!

How you doing??

I made snarpip snoup last night too!! It was very yummy!! I didnt use potatoes which i probably should have to bulk it out, it was full on delish!!! lol

xx

pesty said:
WOOOHOOO!! I managed a 100% day yest!! lol!!

How you doing??

I made snarpip snoup last night too!! It was very yummy!! I didnt use potatoes which i probably should have to bulk it out, it was full on delish!!! lol

xx

Yayyy well done on the snarpips soup! I'll get everyone making it if it kills me lol...! What I like about the potatoes is that it acts as a thickener/texturiser and bulks it up! But I'd imagine the flavour intensity is better with pure snarpips! Well done on that 100% day- soz I didn't reply to last text! Did u receive my joke this mornin? Lol ! X Let's bring on the next 100% day! I had Tesco pomegranate & raspberry wheats for brekkie with chopped apple to bulk it up! Twas yummy! X

I'm not sure I can get on board with parnsip soup, they kind of make me feel a bit ill. Although maybe with all the spices and wotnot it'll be ok. One for the weekend I reckon xxx

I have a spicy pumpkin soup up my sleeve for this weekend!! Watch this space!!!X

Week 3- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 28g pomegranate & raspberry wheats (HEXb) with 100ml skimmed milk (2/7 HEXa) and a chopped Gala apple.

Late morning- 2 Richmond sausages, drained of a lot of fat by grilling them (?5 syns)- These 'fell' into my mouth whilst making a cooked brekkie for hubby with man-flu! Minute bit of tiger loaf (3 syns), 1 Babybel light (1/3 HEXa).

Late lunch- Bolognese (see Tues- 1 syn) with leftover spring greens, green beans and small amount of mashed potato. 4 baby clementines.

Tea- Kiln roasted salmon fillet with sweet chilli sauce (free!) with savoury rice, kidney beans in chilli sauce, sweetcorn and green beans.

A tiny bit of dh's cheese on toast (1/3 HEXa for the cheddar, 2 syns max for the toast).

Milk in cups of tea (1.5 syns).

Total syns- 12.5 or 17.5 if I was totally honest about sausage-gate!! (But I'm still convinced that draining the fat would massively reduce syns of a normal sausage!!)

Last edited:
Back