FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Thanks hunny! Long way from new Target yet tho! 9lb could take some time lol! X
You'll do that in no time Hevs. You are soooo committed now - 2.5 lbs this week is superb. Well done chica.

PS just had a lovely chat to Sue (Fillymum) - it was lovely to hear another Mancunian voice!

Pommette said:
You'll do that in no time Hevs. You are soooo committed now - 2.5 lbs this week is superb. Well done chica.

PS just had a lovely chat to Sue (Fillymum) - it was lovely to hear another Mancunian voice!

You could tune into Corrie for a pretty regular fix lol! But how cool you two got to chat!!

Aww thanks Bev re weight loss! I know I can do it but I have to be quite disciplined and consistent! Ive learnt that its so easy to play around with losing and gaining the same few lbs over and over again and before u know it months and months have passed! Exactly what you want when at target, but not so cool when you're not! I have my hols in Madeira in 5 weeks time so would love to lose another 6lb before then!

Hope you're feeling poz after yesterday's disappointment! But after all it was only 1/2 measley lb and you are so close now! X

You could tune into Corrie for a pretty regular fix lol! But how cool you two got to chat!!
Corrie's the wrong sort of Mancunian accient. :8855:And anyway, I don't watch TV (except for Strictly, X factor and Downton Abbey! Sad I know).
Aww thanks Bev re weight loss! I know I can do it but I have to be quite disciplined and consistent! Ive learnt that its so easy to play around with losing and gaining the same few lbs over and over again and before u know it months and months have passed! Exactly what you want when at target, but not so cool when you're not! I have my hols in Madeira in 5 weeks time so would love to lose another 6lb before then!

Hope you're feeling poz after yesterday's disappointment! But after all it was only 1/2 measley lb and you are so close now! X
I think what's hacking me off is that I'm playing around with the same couple of pounds at the mo. Up, Down, Up, Down . . . groundhog day. I was exactly this weight 6 weeks ago - just before all our visitors started to arrive.

I think why I am so frustrated is that I thought the friend who is here this week would understand as she's the one who is doing SW too and gave me lots of clothes. But all she wants to do is eat! "I'm on holiday" is her favourite phrase. She can't understand why I don't want 2 big meals a day. I just can't eat like that and lose weight. Today was supposed to be a light lunch out followed by chilli tonight at home. What happened? We went out and they all sat and scoffed a 3 course menu del dia with a bottle of wine whilst I sat and had a small plate of fish and a diet coke! Guess who was driving? Grrrrrrrrrrr

Rant Over. Actually, I think I'll copy this and go and vent spleen on my own thread.

Last edited:
Pommette said:
Corrie's the wrong sort of Mancunian accient. :8855:And anyway, I don't watch TV (except for Strictly, X factor and Downton Abbey! Sad I know).

I think what's hacking me off is that I'm playing around with the same couple of pounds at the mo. Up, Down, Up, Down . . . groundhog day. I was exactly this weight 6 weeks ago - just before all our visitors started to arrive.

I think why I am so frustrated is that I thought the friend who is here this week would understand as she's the one who is doing SW too and gave me lots of clothes. But all she wants to do is eat! "I'm on holiday" is her favourite phrase. She can't understand why I don't want 2 big meals a day. I just can't eat like that and lose weight. Today was supposed to be a light lunch out followed by chilli tonight at home. What happened? We went out and they all sat and scoffed a 3 course menu del dia with a bottle of wine whilst I sat and had a small plate of fish and a diet coke! Guess who was driving? Grrrrrrrrrrr

Rant Over. Actually, I think I'll copy this and go and vent spleen on my own thread.

Oof Bev that sounds very tough and frustrating!! Just when we think we have it all sussed out and organised, sabateurs (with good intentions) come along and throw a spanner in the works! Well it certainly sounds like you made wise choices even if you did feel like the saddo in the corner!! And I'm sure noone was complaining with an instant taxi driver on hand!! It'll all be worth it hunny when you lift that Target trophy! You should actually send off for one! I'm considering it!! Lol

Ooh love those same TV programmes as you, with the addition of Corrie I'm ashamed to say ! Luvvit !x

We went out and they all sat and scoffed a 3 course menu del dia with a bottle of wine whilst I sat and had a small plate of fish and a diet coke! Guess who was driving? Grrrrrrrrrrr

Definitely not our kind of accent. I am actually a Cheshire girl but the area is now called Greater Manchester.

I love those same programmes too with the addition of Corrie, Emmerdale and one or 2 others. No time for telly, I spend too much time on here.

At one time Bev and I lived in the same village and close to one another.....how about that !!! Different times of course.

That is so admirable Bev, I do not think I could do that in my present weak willed state.

Right this is Hev's diary so back on track....

Have you been to Maderia before ??? I have never been there but always imagine it must be very beautiful, very peaceful and very up market.

Hey Sue! Maybe before long MM will have a feature where we'll be able to 'speak' to each other, like a built in Skype lol! I bet there is a huge and colourful spectrum of accents here! I'm a Devon girl but have never had much of an accent, just a lilt, and having lived in Swansea 15 years have taken on a little Welshiness! My friends from home think I sound really Welsh but the locals can't hear it at all, apart from when I say 'neeever!' Or 'is it?' XxX

Yes we went to Madeira 4 years ago and we're going back to the same hotel as it was so excellent (Riu Palace Madeira) We did all the sights and excursions last time so the aim of the game this time is to CHILL!! Neither of us are sun worshippers but the aim is to take it easy and relax and I'm sure we'll still do some wandering around Funchal and some trips up into the hills! It's a really small island but very very high and the views from up in the hills of the sea are spectacular! The food is just delicious, lots of fish (you're spoilt where you are! We don't have the luxury of good value quality stuff here! It all gets exported! ) The people are incredibly friendly and hospitable, even in the big hotels! The flora on the island is so colourful even in the winter and there are some spectacular botanical gardens well worth visiting! The things that put a lot of people off are that there aren't natural sandy beaches there and everything's quite steep (in a geological, not economic sense lol) so its not great for beach lovers or physically restricted peeps if they wanted to get out and about locally! But the emphasis is on quality hotels and their pool areas! X

Last edited:
O.K. you have sold it to me.................sounds brilliant.

jaylou said:
Well done on the 2.5lb Target girlie!!!
xxxx

Thanks Jay my sweet! Well I'm still 2lb above actual Target but nice to be safely within range and now my new Target doesn't seem so far out of reach! So how ru? Hope you're ok with your STS! Not always a bad thing! Sounds like you're motivated for a good week and no big distractions in the way! XxX

I'm okay thanks lovely, was a bit miffed to STS but hey ho. I'm definitely on for a good week this week before I jolly off for a few days holiday next Wednesday. I need to shift this blubberage before Christmas!
It's actually nice not to have any dinner parties or other social events planned (well apart from half term hols!), means I can focus on trying to lose for a change :) xx

jaylou said:
I'm okay thanks lovely, was a bit miffed to STS but hey ho. I'm definitely on for a good week this week before I jolly off for a few days holiday next Wednesday. I need to shift this blubberage before Christmas!
It's actually nice not to have any dinner parties or other social events planned (well apart from half term hols!), means I can focus on trying to lose for a change :) xx

Ooh lovely, where did u say you were tottering off to on hols? X

At one time Bev and I lived in the same village and close to one another.....how about that !!! Different times of course.
I've just plotted it on Google maps and we were only about 1.5 miles apart. In fact I probably drove past your road every day for almost 7 years on my way to the A34 to get into Manchester!

Today was a bit strange because I was expecting to work a night shift but didnt! Went into work in the evening and when I got there they said they'd got the staffing numbers wrong and would anyone like to go home and cover another shift somewhere else! Being in a bad mood about going back after annual leave (first shift back) I jumped at the chance!! Mad really as it's an hour round trip for me to travel, but the temptation was too much!! The lure of Midsomer Murders and cuddling up with hubby was just too tempting! Me thinks I'll regret my actions come next week when I have to work an extra 12.5 hour day shift!!

Week 4- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 3 egg omelette with cherry tomatoes, red chilli, mushrooms, onion and 28g cheddar (HEXa).

Lunch- 28g porridge (HEXb) made with water, a sliced banana and sweetener. A banana & custard Mullerlight.

Tea- Wasn't all that hungry- SW chips made in Actifry (6 syns for E.V.olive oil) with tomato ketchup (1 syn). Whoops no superfree!!

Milk in cups of tea (2 syns).

Total syns 9.

Last edited:
Week 4- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy.

Working night shift.

Breakfast- 3 Ryvita dark (HEXb) with baby gem lettuce, sliced tomato, cottage cheese and chilli powder. Some Galia melon.

Lunch- Chicken breast in So Juicy garlic mix (1.5 syns) with free salad (baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and red onion).

Tea before work-Jacket potato with baked beans and 28g cheddar (HEXa). Brown sauce ( 1 syn). Some cherry tomatoes. Some melon.

Work food- Lamb & veg stew (see Tues) with 1 slice wholemeal bread (5 syns). 5 baby clementines.

Grrrwwww!!! Blew all my hard work and planning when I dived into a bag of Doritos and scoffed chocolate from a Cadburys variety treat size bag!!!!!! Why oh why oh why!! What a waste of planning and good intentions...!!!!!

Total syns- Would have been 7.7! Turned into about 37.5!!! Unfair!!!

Last edited:
Oh Hevs - how frustrating to go all the way there to find that they didn't need you! Did you enjoy Midsomer murders though?

As you'll see on the Challenge thread - I've shut the doors for you. Getting silly numbers now and it's going to be hard to keep up. Hope you don't mind!

Pommette said:
Oh Hevs - how frustrating to go all the way there to find that they didn't need you! Did you enjoy Midsomer murders though?

As you'll see on the Challenge thread - I've shut the doors for you. Getting silly numbers now and it's going to be hard to keep up. Hope you don't mind!

It was frustrating but it was my choice- someone else would have piped up and it was just too tempting! Somehow it felt very naughty but I won't be saying that next week with an extra shift thrown in! And I'm not in the best of moods about going in tonight for my first proper shift back after last nights false start! Ha!! Oh well! Lucky to have a job! I'm sure there are many out there who would love to be going out to work somewhere!!

Midsomer Murders was fab! A body found in a vat of cider! Can't beat it, although I miss John Nettles, and the new DI looks like David Cameron- can't get myself to like him!!

Ooh thanks hun for being the brave one to say enough's enough on the challenge! I'm too soft! I think 57 is plenty to be updating although I'm sure you're right in saying there will be a few dropping out (shouldnt say that really as I hope everyone succeeds!!) XxX

Week 4- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy. Night shift.

Early in work before bed- 5 baby clementines. 2 HIFI light bars (HEXb).

At home before bed- 1 slice white bread (6 syns) with 28g cheese (HEXa).

On waking up/before work- Jacket potato with cottage cheese and some salad (Baby Gem lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes). Cooked a 'baked spinach risotto' and had a taste (will post recipe tomorrow). Some Galia melon.

Work food- Chicken breast cooked in So Juicy garlic (1.5 syns) served cold with salad (Baby Gem lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, red and green chopped birdseye chillis, balsamic vinegar). A cherry Mullerlight. Some Galia melon.

Milk in cups of tea (2 syns).

Total syns 9.5.

Last edited:
Week 4- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy. Night shift.

Early in work- Spicy Sweet & Sour Mugshot.

At home before bed- Some 'baked spinach risotto' made yesterday (Arborio rice, spinach, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, garlic, mixed herbs, veg stock, parmesan- 1 syn).

On waking up/before work....

Whoops- let the diary slip a bit, and typing this 2 days later have forgotten exactly what I've eaten!! Have still been on track, but have abandoned the diary!! Must try harder...X

Last edited:
Hiya Heather! Well done getting back on track! Gosh it's hard to keep up with your diary with night and morning shifts lol! Just thought I'd stop by and say hey :D

Oh a medium slice of white bread is 4 syns, unless you had a thick slice?

Muwah!

Back