FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Ellebear said:
Good luck for tonight babes xxxx

Thanks lovely Elle! Well it's *week (early stages of) so I'm all bloaty and feeling mammoth, so not feeling positive about it, coupled with flexi day Fri for wedding, there is a big cloud of doubt lingering! However on the plus side I've had 6 totally ON-plan days, 5 of them red, so who knows! Harder to get away with slip ups these days! Just to have lost the 2lb I gained last week would be brill- 2.5 even better as that would make me my lowest yet! Don't think I'll be that fortunate somehow! Have had magic sausage today though, and a whopper it was too!! XxX

Whopper Magic Sausage - love your work. hahahah!
Good luck pet - the 5 red days will be a fab base for the week. I am being a total rebel and having a green day again today. Thats 2 in a week. OMG! Red tomorrow and up to weigh in though. Too scared of the carbs! xxxx

I lost 1lb this week!! Yaaayyy (sort of....!) After my 2lb GAIN last week I'm not totally over the moon with this week's result, but there are a few things against me today!! 1) It's *week so feeling 'the bloat'!! 2) I've just finished nights this morning and it usually disturbs things!! and 3) Had a flexisyn day on Friday- ate in the region of 50 syns at a wedding so I'm sure this held me back a bit!!

So I will take the loss and move on in the knowledge that I'm only 7lb away from target and there are lots of opportunities ahead for losses!! ONE DAY I WILL GET THERE!!!!!!

Whopper Magic Sausage - love your work. hahahah!
Good luck pet - the 5 red days will be a fab base for the week. I am being a total rebel and having a green day again today. Thats 2 in a week. OMG! Red tomorrow and up to weigh in though. Too scared of the carbs! xxxx

Sounds like your bod needed the carbs though chick if that's what you were craving?! Good idea about the red up to WI! I'm going to try and stick with red for 4 days now then extra easy on Sat for the hen night in Cardiff! Oooh it's 'ard sometimes innit!!X

Wow! 7lbs to go?! How exciting :D And well done with the 1lb loss. I know it's not what you hoped for, but anything gone is good.

It's a nightmare at my work with people bringing in treats-esp of a weekend! One of the vets wives likes to bake us things. Its so hard to resist sometimes! But I'm generally, most of the time, good ;)

Good luck for the next week.
Kelly.x

7lbs from target hun!! Well done!!!

Ive got 6lbs to go to get back!! Racing you is the only thing i thinks going to keep me motivated this week! lol xx

Hi Pesty me love!! Whoohoo, 6lb left back to target eh?!! Well at least you've actually BEEN there which is more than can be said for me!! The race is on, but do not fear, there's not much contest this week!! I had honeycomb icecream sundae in the Toby Carvery on Monday after WI, tonight I had quite a few of dh's chips from the chippie after work, and Saturday night I have a hen night in Cardiff!! So it WON'T be good news on Monday, but I do intend to do everything I can to limit the damage otherwise!! Nowt wrong with a bit of healthy competition though if it helps both of us!!XXXX

Wow! 7lbs to go?! How exciting :D And well done with the 1lb loss. I know it's not what you hoped for, but anything gone is good.

It's a nightmare at my work with people bringing in treats-esp of a weekend! One of the vets wives likes to bake us things. Its so hard to resist sometimes! But I'm generally, most of the time, good ;)

Good luck for the next week.
Kelly.x

Hi Kelly, lovely to hear from you!! I know it's a total nightmare at times saying know to things you're soooo tempted to dive into!! This week is going to be tricky but I'll do everything within my control to stay on track!! Hope all is well with you hun XXXX

Week 87- Day 1 (Tues)- Red day- Working 7.30am-3pm.

Before work- 3 egg mushroom, spinach and cheese (28g cheddar- HEXa1) omlette.

Work break 1- Strawberries, cherries, 2 oranges and an Activia fat free cherry Snackpot.

Work break 2- 6 Ryvita (both HEXb 1 & 2).

Snack at home late afternoon- 2 slices of cold roast beef. Some pickled beetroot.

Tea- Chicken curry (with onion, garlic, ginger, yellow pepper, green pepper, courgette, aubergine, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, Pataks madras curry paste (1.5 syns for portion), curry powder, chilli powder, cardamon. With a tiny bit of rice (4 syns).

Milk in cups of tea (part HEXa2).

Total syns 5.5.

Week 87- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 3 egg plain omlette.

Work break 1- Strawberries, blueberries and a strawberry Mullerlight.

Work break 2- Chicken salad (including 1 hardboiled egg, mixed leaves, rocket, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, xl salad cream- 2 syns). 2 oranges.

Work break 3- Chicken curry- see yesterday (1.5 syns for curry paste). Leftover chicken salad (including one more hard boiled egg but no salad cream)! A very chickeny affair today!

Got large portion of chips from chippy for dh on way home and ended up having a fair few (?8 syns at the most!).

Didn't have a HEXb! Milk in a few cups of tea and coffee (nearly a whole HEXa). A toffee Mullerlight.

Total syns approx 11.5.

Hi Heather, thought I'd pop by and see how you're doing. Wow! You're almost there now! You're within touching distance missus! Your food is looking lovely too. So proud of you!

Hi Heather, thought I'd pop by and see how you're doing. Wow! You're almost there now! You're within touching distance missus! Your food is looking lovely too. So proud of you!

Hi Zoe m'luv!! Thanks for the vote of confidence!! It's slow at the moment! Hovering around the '7lb to go' mark for ages now, and just want to get there but it seems that every week there are 1 or 2 events, or just naughty meals that crop up and stop me from making more progress!!! One day it will happen!! You're doing great yourself with just 11lb to go! How are you? What are you up to in Swansea? We'll have to meet up sometime!!X

Week 87- Day 3 (Thurs)- Red day- Working 12.30-8pm.

Had a long lie-in! Needed it after the last few days/nights in work! 5 days off after today though...yayyy!!

Late breakfast- 28g porridge (HEXb1) made with 75ml skimmed milk (3/14 HEXa1!) and water. Topped with chopped pear, strawberries and blueberries.

Snack in work- 2 hard-boiled eggs and 3 ryvitas (HEXb2) with xl salad cream (1 syn).

Evening work break- Chicken curry (see Tues- 1.5 syns for curry paste) with Asda stirfried vegetables. A pear. A raspberry & cranberry Mullerlight.

At home- A few cherries.

Nibbled on some raw veg whilst making a beef stew to cook in slow cooker overnight!

Semi-skimmed and skimmed milk in cups of tea (part HEXa).

Total syns 2.5.

Last edited:
Hey Hevs - not popped on your diary for ages, are you converted to Red days 100% yet? Have you been hungry? do you feel it keeps you on plan more?

Sending you lots of love xx

Hey Hevs - not popped on your diary for ages, are you converted to Red days 100% yet? Have you been hungry? do you feel it keeps you on plan more?

Sending you lots of love xx

Hey sweetiepie, well you must be over the moon tonight after your great news!! You worked really hard for that loss so you should be very pleased with yourself!!

I'm loving red days!! Not going hungry at all! I think I could do them most of the time to be honest! And yes I think it does make me think more about what I'm doing! Makes me feel I'm on 'a diet' but in a good way (if that makes sense!!!) It's what I need at the moment, a bit more control and a few more rules!! Which does go against most things I like about SW and EE, the flexibility and freedom, but I need to focus to get these last 7lb off!! I did slip up yesterday though becasue I started out having a red day but it turned into EE because of the chips I had in the evening and I realised that I hadn't had my HEXs anyway so I was able to change last minute! I'm doing red tomorrow then EE over the weekend because of the hen night in Cardiff! Depending on what's on offer in the hotel on Sunday morning for breakfast I may stick to red Sunday too!! But may need the carbs after drinking!! Who knows?!?!X

Week 87- Day 4 (Fri)- Red day- Day off.

Had a long lie-in!

Brunch- 2 Frylighted eggs on 2 slices wholemeal Nimble (HEXb1). 1 tbspn Heinz BBQ sauce (1 syn). Some cherries.

Met friend in Starbucks- Caramel frappaccino made with skimmed milk (HEXa plus ?6 syns for caramel/sugar?! Not sure about this one and disappointed as it's not listed!!)

Snack after shopping- M&S chargrilled calamare rings in red pepper dressing (yummy AND FREE!!!). A few strawberries.

Snack at home- Slice of cold cooked gammon with 2 tinned peach slices (used in the cooking!- 0.5 max!)

Tea- Beef stew- lean cubed beef, onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potato, swede, leeks, mushrooms, red pepper, spices, bay leaves, OXO liquid beef stock, red wine (1 syn for red wine content and 1.5 syns for sweet potato). With steamed asparagus.

Went out for dh Goddaughters 18th for drinks then for a curry! Had chicken shashlik (dry with onions, peppers, tomatoes ?6 syns for oil) with salad and a little of dhs naan bread (?4 syns)

Total syns est 20.

Last edited:
Week 87- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Off to Cardiff for a work friend's hen night!! I'm planning to be as good as I possibly can on the food front and have a few gin & slims in the night!! That's the plan anyway!! REALLY don't want to sabotage a loss on Monday!!!!

Breakfast- Strawberries and blueberries with 0% Total yogurt.

Lunch- Piri Piri mini chicken fillets (Tesco- 0.5 syns) with Ainsley lemon & coriander couscous (1.5 syns) and salad.

Tea- In pub in Cardiff- Caesar salad starter (?5 syns) followed by seabass with rosti potatoes, red peppers and other veg (? 8 syns).

Drunk an awful lot of gin and tonics, too many to mention!! Also scoffed lots of crisps, Maltesers and Mikados!!

DEFINITELY a flexisyn day!!!

Last edited:
Week 87- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Day off.

OK, so not even attempting to write out food diary for today!! Quite frankly I am ashamed of myself!!

In hotel room in Cardiff with TERRIBLE hangover and actually passing out in bathroom, I ate a ton of friend Angela's lemon cake to try and boost my sugars a bit!! Also gorged on leftover Mikados.

On way home stopped at MacDonalds for Chicken Legend with fries!!

At home ate a ton of pasta and then later Gnocci with spicy tomato sauce and melted cheese.

Carbs carbs carbs carbs carbs!!!

Expecting a hefty gain at WI tomorrow (tonight- writing this Monday!) but will just have to take it on the chin and have a good week to try and reverse things!!!!

MANTRA:- I WILL GET TO TARGET I WILL GET TO TARGET I WILL GET TO TARGET!!!!

Week 87- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Major lie-in as still catching up on lost sleep from hen night Sat in Cardiff! Still jaded! May it be a lesson to take it easy when drinking as body not used to it!!!

Brunch- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus (HEXb). Tomato and roast veg couscous Mugshot (1 syn). Strawberries with 0% Total Greek yogurt.

Before WI- A meringue nest (2.5 syns).

After WI- Beef stew (lean cubed beef, onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potato, swede, leeks, mushrooms, red pepper, spices, bay leaves, OXO liquid beef stock, red wine (1 syn for red wine content). . Smash potato. A Cadburys Twirl (11.5 syns- post WI treat before a perfect SW week ahead!!!)

Total syns 15.

Last edited:
Back