Helpful list of ketogenic foods

Great post. Lots of fab info. Xxx

This thread is very helpful, specially when I'm off TS. Thanks

Thanks, this is really helpful.

fab post - very helpful!!!! thanks

This will come very handy when I need to introduce food back in. I am only starting on TS on Monday. Thanks for the help.

lastdiet4me said:
think i have that too..lol x

Twilight zone... I picked it carefully. Thinking no one will have it hehe. Ticker sisters.

Thanks for posting this - will deffo be helpful when trying to decide on food...

Hey guys

As someone who discovered Exante after CD/CWP, I found this list pretty useful. It's from the list of allowed foods for those following SS+ (3 packs plus 200 cal meal).

The following foods are a decent indication of portion sizes/calorific content. All of the below foods are ketogenic as they are allowed in the early stages and are meant to help you get into ketosis.

Hope I'm not being too cheeky, but hope this really helps those who feel lost by the prospect of eating!

170g chicken or turkey breast (skinless)
230g cod, haddock or white fish
230g prawns
250g steamed tofu
200g Quorn (eg mince, pieces)
180g tinned tuna (in water, not oil)
225g cottage cheese, plain, less than 2% fat
2 large eggs

Plus 2 (15ml/15g) tablespoons (so 30ml/30g in total) of any cooked or raw vegetables or salad from this list:
Asparagus
Broccoli
Cabbage (even pickled)
Cauliflower
Celeriac
Celery
Chinese leafy greens (including pak choi and Chinese cabbage)
Courgette
Cucumber
Fennel
Green salad leaves (including lettuce, lamb's lettuce, radicchio, little gem, rocket and romaine)
Kale
Leeks
Marrow
Mushroom
Red radishes
Spinach
Watercress

You can add herbs and spices such as curry or chilli powder, coriander, pepper, chives and parsley.

HTH some of you who are still struggling with food/AAMW;)

super post, 2 days till i am on food break so i am preparing my week of 600 calories, think i am best working out what i am having every day in advance and getting the shopping in so this post has been so helpful, was surprised there was not a lot on the exante site.

Thanks this is really helpful, will print off the list so its to hand.

Love this, thanks x x

Hi Guys,

While in Ketosis, how much of the foods on the list can you eat? Like how much chicken in 1 meal and how much ham? I want to replace my evening shake for a protein based meal with a bit of veg but keep the veg carb content under 18g as I don't want to knock myself out of ketosis. I remember doing atkins years ago and they said you could eat as much meat, eggs, cheese as you liked but that surely can't be the case here. Does anyone actually know?

Cheers!

Thanks Starlight, I've just seen a post on how many grams is in certain calorie ranges which has really helped!

Back