If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

The blood orange cider is amazing!!! I tried a new one at a pub on Saturday, it was an apple/pear one called Toodle Pip, it tasted like pear drops, very refreshing after a long day.

I'm now back from my weekend boating. I had a lovely time, and we had brilliant weather. I managed to get a sunburnt forehead, as I used lotion on my arms and chest, but forgot my face! There was lots of walking on Saturday, just over 5 miles. And yesterday I finally found my confidence to steer the boat all on my own without needing my step-dad on hand. It's only taken me 9 years of Narrow Boating :D I shall try and get some of my photos off of facebook to show you.

Needless to say I was not on plan. There was lots of beer and wine, and 2 meals out plus a BBQ. Still not back on it today, but I will be tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a fab weekend :)

Didn't realise just how big those photos would be!!

Good day back on plan. 1472 cals, and had some good meals. Dinner was scrambled egg on an english muffin with spinach and hollandaise sauce, with tomatoes and a cheesy garlic stuffed mushroom on the side. So yummy!!

Tomorrow is nearly all planned, just need to finalise dinner, but I am thinking chicken, chips and roasted veg. Weigh in day tomorrow (eeek!) So need to be good until after :D

Lovely pics! and well done you on steering the boat, not sure I'd be brave enough :).

How did you make your hollandaise sauce?

Well, been a bit off plan the last few days. Wine and too much food including pizza. Weigh-in on Wednesday showed a 1lb gain, but I was wearing jeans instead of my usual linen trousers. I only went to get some of the recipe books I wanted, as I have decided I have had enough of SW. It doesn't motivate me, after going for I think about 6 weeks, I haven't made any progress, and after group I don't feel psyched up for the week ahead. So trying it on my own again with Minis as support. Although I must admit I miss the old days, isn't quite the same since it's return as some of the people I talked to aren't here, but I am sticking around as it is a good place to be.

I now have 2 interviews on Thursday!! I'm very excited, and I am going into both with as much positivity as I can muster. The jobs are the same, entry level admin assistant in the same organisation, but different departments. Seems things are looking up, and I can start sorting my life out for the better. I think a lot in my life is going to change this year. It has to, I have isolated myself far too much in recent years, and now is the time to get out there and do something about it.The jobs I have chosen involve meeting and working with lots of different people, instead of being somewhere that I only see the same people in a 'safe' environment. It's scary, but I have to do this.

I have also got myself a new book. It's called The Programme by Jessie Pavelka. He has done a lot of those TV shows like Fat: The fight of my life and The Biggest Loser. I think he is amazing, and he talks a lot of sense. He quite rightly focuses on your own mind and the relationships in your life as well as healthy eating and exercise. He also has a website which I have signed up to, as it is now free instead of £20 a month like it used to be. I am going to start following it in July as I have a week off and can focus on it, and that also gives me time to plan the first week.

Susie, I cheated with the Hollandaise, it was just a jar from Sainsbury's. I think it was about 73 cals per tablespoon. So not a decent one, but it was alright.

I had a chicken, broccoli and sweet potato mash dish of his the other day, it was really nice, but I wasn't a fan of garlic powder in the mash, chicken was good though.

Last few days have been hit and miss. Definitely over cals everyday, but not awfully. Meals have at least been on plan. Cider and chocolate have taken me over.

I had my interviews today. First one went well I think, better than the 2nd one at any rate. So now it is the waiting game! Everything went wrong for the 2nd one. I got lost twice, once in car, once on foot so I was then late. Then the new shoes I was wearing have destroyed my heels and the tights I was wearing. Now they are very sore, and my tights were covered in blood.

I am definitely ready for the weekend now! It's been a long week!

It's been a difficult week. I didn't get either job I had an interview for. But, I do have another interview on Tuesday. Only problem is that it is still childcare, but I found out on Wednesday the Nursery I currently work in is closing at the end of July, so I have no been made redundant. So to get another job quickly I have to stick to what I know, but I am still going to keep looking for something different. I'm really sad they are closing, but I'm not surprised. At least this way they have to give me time to go to interviews and I get redundancy pay.

Now onto food. I keep self-sabotaging, and I have no idea why. I have every intention to eat better, track my calories and exercise. But I don't do any of it! Yes, life isn't easy at the moment, but for someone who likes to be in control of my own life, you would think I would be able to control what I eat, but I don't. It is spiralling out of control, and now I am back up to 14st 7lbs!!! I have no idea where to turn, or what to do. I'm feeling completely lost and alone.

Please don't feel that way :( xx

Check out my recipe thread on here, try something new. Get in to the habit of eating right. Take it one meal at a time :)

Thank you Looou, I shall check out your thread.

I shall start with a positive, I got the job on Tuesday. Apparently I interviewed very well, and I will fit in. So that is one less thing to worry about.

Food still hit and miss, I've had some good meals, then just binged on crap. Today is a write off, went to Sainsburys and just bought what I fancied, which was a sausage roll, steak slice, 2 scotch eggs and for some stupid reason a crappy rustlers burger!!! And now it is all gone!

I really have to stop, I'm going to start simply. Easy meals, veg and some form of protein of either chicken or fish. Get back in the habit of eating properly, then get more adventurous. I was looking at some of those VLCD's yesterday, like Exante etc, but then I thought it goes against what I have always felt is right for me.

Congratulations on the job! That's great news!!

Draw a line under today's food and move on. I've been there too don't worry!

Definitely ask away for any easy recipes! Lots are in my thread already but I have loads to hand.

Vlcd diets are a quick fix but in the long run you want to be getting into the habit of eating real food. I provide weekly hampers for my clients with all the meals they need for a week, while I can't offer you that I can write out a daily meal planner if you like with recipes to follow.

I work alongside a nutritionist so all meals are packed with protein and all the goodness you need from your food.

I really want to share my knowledge with others on here as I know how hard it is to lose weight as I'm trying myself, with a history of binge eating I can fully understand the struggles!

Please, if you have any questions just ask away! I want to help as much as I can :) x

That's very kind of you to offer, I may take have to take you up on that at some point.

Due to my lack of self-control, one thing I am trying to get under control is my portion sizes. I live on my own, so while batch cooking and freezing is the logical thing to do, I often end up making a meal for 4 only last for 2 meals. I need to learn how much is one portion, and stick to it. Which is why I am no longer doing Slimming World, being told you can have unlimited pasta, potatoes etc is not good for me as my stomach and brain don't seem to be connected. It worked when I had 7.5 stone to lose, but when I got to 4 stone to go losses were more difficult. I have since regained 1.5 stone, so now trying to get my brain to realise when I am not hungry.

I have no idea why I even considered a VLCD. I'm glad I got over that quickly.

I have sorted my week out. My aim is to eat sensibly, but not worry about calories or anything. Tonight I am cooking a Paella style dish, not actual Paella but pretty similar, and there will be left overs. Then I have ingredients for stir-fries for the week. May have to do a mid week shop too. Next week I shall start to think about calorie intake. So instead of jumping straight in, I'm taking it one step at a time.

That's a great plan :)

I totally understand about SW! I tried it but if I'm told I can have unlimited potato wedges and beans then that's exactly what I'll have!!!!

Strict is definitely the way forward for us types with the binge tendencies!

Paella type dish sounds great! How was it?

Living on your own is tough when it comes to dieting because you do feel like you don't want to make the effort!

I tried the Paul McKenna hypno gastric band and while I didn't stick to it for long it really taught me about stopping when hungry and I lost a stone in a fortnight. The lessons I got from it were valuable and I would recommend it. It's a fiver I think but you may find it on YouTube if you don't want to pay. It also makes you super relaxed and helps you sleep better which is a bonus!

One step at a time is the best way, I always say one meal at a time, I may have said it to you above! It's advice that works!

And a weekly meal planner helps! I'll keep checking in on you :)

I've been at work all day cooking all the healthy meals for clients then I came home exhausted and had potato waffles and quorn chicken for tea!!!! Its not perfect but it's not a pizza or a takeaway so I'm not being too hard on myself!

We can do this!

SW was good in that it taught me about healthy eating, but as far as portion control goes it taught me nothing. Calorie counting is much easier since I did SW.

I have the Paul McKenna 'I Can Make You Thin' but the first and only time I listened to it I couldn't stop laughing, I've no idea why. Can't hurt to give it another try though. I don't often remember that I have it.

Good day today.
B - Porridge with strawberries and blueberries
L - Chicken tikka rice pot, small cake, snowball
D - Chicken, baby corn, mangetout katsu curry with beetroot rice
Snack - ham and cucumber sandwich (only one slice of bread)
Drinks - coffee x2, tea x2, pint of water

For me, that is a very good day! I do feel a bit hungry, but really need to stop myself, as my dinner was a decent portion, I added the cals up to 620. I do have a grapefruit that needs eating, so will have that if I have to have anything....

That's a fab day :) if you're hungry have something though. Going to bed hungry is no good for anyone!

I've never heard of katsu curry! I'll have to look that up :)

I have the grapefruit :) I was going to have a yoghurt with it, but turns out they expired in September last year, so not risking that :D

The katsu sauce is soooooo yummy. I shop in Sainsbury, and it is in the fruit/veg section where they have all the stir fry stuff. It comes in a sachet with enough for 2 people.

Due to my lack of self-control, one thing I am trying to get under control is my portion sizes. I live on my own, so while batch cooking and freezing is the logical thing to do, I often end up making a meal for 4 only last for 2 meals.

Oh Elanor that's me too! I made a tomato tart for dinner tonight - 2 pieces for dinner, 2 in the fridge - then went back and ate another slice - even though i wasn't in the least hungry! It's like the end of the world has been announced and I have to eat everything in sight for my own survival!!! And ditto on the pasta - I love it but the feeling isn't mutual :D. Shame about that, as I'm now surrounded by it here in Italy. I know SW says fill 1/3 of your plate with veg but I'd rather it was ALL tart and no veg haha.

But many congratulations on the job hun, that's brilliant!

Hi Elanor, belated congratulations on the job! :) When do you start?

I totally understand the whole cooking for one thing. I'm really bad at freezing extra portions - some of the reason is that I much more prefer cooking from scratch than reheating something so my meals end up sitting in the freezer for ages until I bin them as I'm not sure if they're still safe! So my portion sizes tend to be on large side..... How are you getting on? Hope you're ok x

Back