Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really do have a big task next weekend don't you?? Sure you will be fine - you seem to really like cooking for family. The chicken kiev sounds fab, I would say the potato rosti would probably be my choice of what would "go" best but would be a serious faff for that many people so I would probably opt for potato dauphinoise (which is one of my favourite things in the world!). Have you got any plans for starter or dessert? The chocolate orange tart I made when I went to my dad's a week ago went down very very well and was really pretty striaght forward to do.

Looks like a good start with the food this week - two breakfasts is a great idea.

I've changed my mind a bit with the menu! :) I generally tend to find that if I eat more during the morning, I tend to eat a decent amount overall :)

Main:

Salmon/chicken filo pastry parcels (these seemed to go down well last time)
Potato rostis
Carrots
Green beans
Rice (only thing I'm cheating on - going to use microwavable rice! :p)
Cauliflower cheese

Dessert:

Key lime pie
Need another dessert idea, hmm!

Last edited:
Jaly said:
I've changed my mind a bit with the menu! :) I generally tend to find that if I eat more during the morning, I tend to eat a decent amount overall :)

Starter:

Melty onion + cheese toasts
Cheese on toast

Main:

Salmon/chicken filo pastry parcels (these seemed to go down well last time)
Potato dauphinoise
Carrots
Green beans
Rice (only thing I'm cheating on - going to use microwavable rice! :p)
Homemade garlic mushrooms

Dessert:

Key lime pie
Need another dessert idea, hmm!

Yum can I come for dinner please?

Desert ideas -baileys cheesecake, apple crumble, trifle, what about the coconut pudding you showed us a few weeks ago? X

Looking good! Although why are you doing potatoes and rice? Is there someone that doesn't like potatoes? I have never actually tried key lime pie but have always been very very intrigued by it. You will have to send me a bit to satisfy my curiosity!
What about poached pears and chocolate sauce for the second dessert?

Jaly said:
I made the coconut crusader slice and everyone seemed to like it :) Rice is the 'diet-friendly' option for my aunt :p

My Grandad makes the best sherry trifle ever so I don't dare compete!

I think i'll let him choose the 2nd pudding :)

Sounds a plan - let us know what you decide on. It's my mums birthday this weekend and I am cooking roast on Sunday and trying to find a nice ww friendly pudding but thinking may adapt a cheesecake recipe but not sure yet

Pavlova? It's nice and light, you can add whatever fruit you like and use yogurt or cream for the filling. Chocolate roulade? I have a nice recipe for a fat free version but it doesn't taste the same with yogurt or low fat fillings, it's got to be full fat cream! Again, it's light especially with having 3 courses, you may prefer a not so filling pud :) just a couple of ideas xx

Hazykay said:
Pavlova? It's nice and light, you can add whatever fruit you like and use yogurt or cream for the filling. Chocolate roulade? I have a nice recipe for a fat free version but it doesn't taste the same with yogurt or low fat fillings, it's got to be full fat cream! Again, it's light especially with having 3 courses, you may prefer a not so filling pud :) just a couple of ideas xx

Mmmm pavlova. :)

mrsgosling3 said:
Mmmm pavlova. :)

It's got to be chewy inside though!

Sounds a plan - let us know what you decide on. It's my mums birthday this weekend and I am cooking roast on Sunday and trying to find a nice ww friendly pudding but thinking may adapt a cheesecake recipe but not sure yet

Something meringue based is usually quite low in cals - pavlova, eton mess, maybe a fruit tart with light pastry?

Ultimate makeover recipes - Recipes - BBC Good Food has some quite decent ideas!

Ooh, great ideas! Not a fan of meringue though! x

Jaly said:
Ooh, great ideas! Not a fan of meringue though! x

The roulade is like a swiss roll, great with nutella & cream. No wonder I have a weight problem!!!

image-2900962506.jpg
I've also made a plain one with raspberry jam, cream & fresh raspberries on top. Don't have a photo though

Jaly said:
Oooh! That looks delicious! :) Going to let my Grandad choose though I think!

Sounds like a good idea :) let us know what you decide xx

Going to give up the cal counting altogether - it's unrealistic to expect to do it forever and SF should keep me on track anyway :)

71/90 weeklies

Breakfast: 2 fruit + fibre breakfast biscuits (3), Banana
Morning: Apple
Lunch: Small jacket potato, Cheese (3), Apple, Pear
Dinner: Pasta, Mixed veg, Bacon (with fat trimmed)
Dessert: Frube (1)
Supper: Golden syrup porridge with SS milk (think I prefer it made with water though!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back