Kettlebell kit

Plumfoodie

Paleo maintenance rocks!
I thought it might be useful if we started a thread where we can share what kettlebell bits we have, where we got them and any other tidbits of information like special offers. Useful for regulars who might be looking to increase their weights and also for newbies who are wondering what to buy, maybe. :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else has got!

So, here is what me and mr plum are currently using:

Kettlebells (all cast iron):

5lb Kettleworx bell, got along with my KW DVDs

5 kg Tesco bell, from our local big Tesco

6 kg 'Gyles' kettlebell, bought from eBay (this wasn't the awful seller, for those who remember that!)

(I also have a 7.5lb kettlebell from eBay to act as a 'stepping stone', because I'm so wimpy, but this was from the awful seller, and I wound up having to angle grind the handle and repaint it.)

I also wouldn't be without the RDX cotton wrist supports I got from Amazon, they support the wrist and also cushion it from the bell, but don't get all sweaty like neoprene ones.

great thread idea!

I've already benefitted from it, was thinking about getting some kind of wrist support, and now i have a recommendation, thanks!

I've not got a lot, just a 4,6 and 8kg bell. the 4 and the 8 were from kettlebell seminars, there's a link on here. really fast free next day delivery so great if you're keen to get started. the 6 I got from amazon.

Good thread. I have a 5kg, 7.5kg, 15lb (6.8kg) and a 10kg. I got the 15lb one for some one handed exercises where the 5kg was too light but the 7.5kg was too heavy. It was a great buy and help me progress that bit quicker. I also use it now when I use two bells on the disco side bends/windmills.

I have a cheap Yoga Mat and terry towelling extra long wrist bands which I picked up from ebay for £2 including P&P! :)

I also use an old flannel to mop my brow and kb handles during my workouts!

Oh and a huge pic of David Beckham in just his pants as a "motivational aid"! :D

I have a 5kg tesco bell, a 7.5 maxi muscle one from Argos (I don't use as handle is so rough) a pink 8kg from olimpian think it was off eBay or amazon and a pro range 10kg from kettlebell seminars. I also have some long tennis wristbands that I double over to cushion my wrists from sports direct and a tesco heart rate monitor to calculate calories burnt

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back