ProPoints Let's give this a go

Hey Lostris, popping by to subscribe.

Looks like you have done really really well since starting WW so big well done. I love reading about new foods I don't know about so look forward to be educated in Dutch Delights :)

Have you had any further thoughts about doing some SF days? That quiche looks utterly amazing *drool*. The ww quiches I have had do have crusts. My overall verdict on them is that they are "ok". Quite nice but still rather alot of points fo the size of them (about 11pp for a very small quiche) and I think you are probably better with a slice from a proper one. Most of the time I make homemade ones without the pastry in muffin cases. Not quite the same but a reasonable subsitute, feels especially naughty eaten with homemade oven chips and baked beans.

Hope you manage to avoid falling into the Easter eggs (well, more than you want to anyway). Could you go out and do something nice before OH gets home to distract you if you are feeling a bit on edge?

Hey Lostris, popping by to subscribe.

Looks like you have done really really well since starting WW so big well done. I love reading about new foods I don't know about so look forward to be educated in Dutch Delights :)

Have you had any further thoughts about doing some SF days? That quiche looks utterly amazing *drool*. The ww quiches I have had do have crusts. My overall verdict on them is that they are "ok". Quite nice but still rather alot of points fo the size of them (about 11pp for a very small quiche) and I think you are probably better with a slice from a proper one. Most of the time I make homemade ones without the pastry in muffin cases. Not quite the same but a reasonable subsitute, feels especially naughty eaten with homemade oven chips and baked beans.

Hope you manage to avoid falling into the Easter eggs (well, more than you want to anyway). Could you go out and do something nice before OH gets home to distract you if you are feeling a bit on edge?

Hi Atomic,

Welcome to my diary :) Thanks so much for the compliments re weightloss. Now I just have to hope it keeps going this way he-he.
I will make sure to post some more Dutch Delight pictures, you missed a whole season of special foods. For Queens day, we have a lot of orange food stuff. I will see if I can get some pics.

I actually googled my way-too-many-pp-quiche and found out they have a version that is half size. That would mean 10pp instead of 20. Now I just have to get a hold of one.

I have actually thought about doing a SF day, I want to read up on it on Friday and plan one or two days next week as simply filling. I have to find out more about the green food stuff first though so really trying to absorb all the info like a sponge.

A friend of mine actually made a crustless WW quiche for a party, she knew I as doing Ww and googled a recipe just for me, awww. It was 6pp for 1/6th quiche and it was amazing, olives in it etc. I will have to look that up.

Oh, homemade chips.... Love those. We actually have the actifry. We bought it because we do not want a deepfryer in he house but we love french fries and it is such a miracle machine. Add up to 1kg of peeled and slices potatoes and some seasoning, 15ml of oil and it makes crunchy fries in 35 min. I will gt you guys pics when we next use it, it is amazing.

I had sle light hot chocolate, light whipped cream and had a long bike ride on hometrainer while watching the gorgeos amazing Chriss Powell from Extreme makeover weightloss edition. He is sooo.... Yum. So, that was reasonably distracting.

How was your day?

x

I forsee a major issue with SF though!!, there is no free mayonaise hahahah.
Gosh. I am a weird one...
Wich dairy products can be used btw, may be able to think up a sauce hahaha. Creme faise? Or is that points?

I forsee a major issue with SF though!!, there is no free mayonaise hahahah.
Gosh. I am a weird one...
Wich dairy products can be used btw, may be able to think up a sauce hahaha. Creme faise? Or is that points?

You can still use your weeklies for sauce etc :) not sure on dairy. Think there is a list somewhere. I've never tried SF think I might not be able to stop ;) x

You can still use your weeklies for sauce etc :) not sure on dairy. Think there is a list somewhere. I've never tried SF think I might not be able to stop ;) x
They should have made mayo free in the Dutch version hahah.
Yes, there was a list on forum but was removed due to copyright WW. Laaame :(

I've sent you a msg about simply filling, can you let me know if you receive it because my iPad just crashed a sit was sending.xxx

Simply filling

The point of this is to eat until you are full. All of the following foods are free so you don't have to weigh, measure etc but should stop eating when you are satisfied.

Choosing to have a Filling & Healthy day means you will focus on eating Filling & Healthy foods. You won’t need to count the ProPoints values in any of them, regardless of the portion size or the ProPoints values listed. Instead you allow your feelings of satisfaction to guide you on how much of a Filling & Healthy food you eat.

How often can I have a Filling & Healthy day?
You can choose to have a Filling & Healthy day as often or as little as you like. You might find it especially helpful when you're travelling or on the go, or when you want to mix things up a little.

Will I still lose weight?
We've tested the Filling & Healthy day, and it's been shown to help people lose weight. Consider it an option if you think it’ll be a good fit for you, and/or you just can’t make tracking a habit (although most people find tracking manageable and many even enjoy it). Don't worry; if you find that the Filling & Healthy day is not for you, you can always switch back to tracking.

The basics for a Filling & Healthy day
Choose a Filling & Healthy day as often or a little as you like. You simply decide which approach to counting you want to take, on a day-by-day basis.
Focus on eating Filling & Healthy foods throughout the day.
Ignore the ProPoints values and portion sizes of any Filling & Healthy foods you eat on this day. Instead use your feelings of satisfaction as your guide to how much to eat.
You should include two teaspoons of healthy oil in your meals and recipes for the day (sunflower, olive, flaxseed, safflower or rapeseed oil) without counting them. If you eat more than two teaspoons of healthy oil during the day, deduct the additional ProPoints values from your weekly ProPoints allowance.
Use your weekly allowance for any non-Filling & Healthy foods you eat during the day.
There are certain drinks, seasonings and condiments you can have in unlimited quantities too such as Coffee and tea, black or with skimmed milk (without sugar), diet fizzy drinks and water.

Why do we call them Filling & Healthy foods?
We refer to them as being 'Filling' because they are low in energy density and so will help you feel satisfied for longer as you lose weight. And they are 'Healthy' due to their higher fibre and/or lower salt, sugar and saturated fat content.

Great value for your ProPoints budget
Filling & Healthy foods help you get the maximum out of your ProPoints budget. Because they help you feel fuller for longer, you’re less likely to reach for high ProPoints value snacks to tide you over between meals. And since they’re lower in sugar, you’re less likely to experience peaks and troughs in your energy levels throughout the day.

Food list

Beans

Aduki, Baked Black Eyed Borlotti Broad Butter Cannellini Flageolet French Green Haricot Kidney Mung Pinto Runner Soya.
Chick Peas
Lentils, Red, Green & Brown Peas, Yellow Split
Pulses, Mixed cooked or canned.

Dairy

Cottage cheese, plain, reduced fat Fromage Frais, very low fat or plain.
Milk Skimmed UHT skimmed fresh
Yogurt 0%fat, Greek Low fat plain Soya, plain Virtually fat free plain
Quark

Dairy alternative

Coconut milk, from the nut Soya milk, unsweetened Soya yogurt, plain

Eggs

White Duck egg Goose egg Hens Quail

Fibre rich carbohydrates

Bread, calorie controlled
Buckwheat
Bulgar Wheat
Cous Cous, wholewheat
Crumpet
Millet
Oat Bran
Oats
Pasta, Wholemeal
Puffed wheat (no added sugar or salt) Quinoa Rice, Brown
Wheat Bran Germ Wholegrain wheat cereal, (similar to Shredded Wheat)

Fish and shellfish

Clams, in brine, drained Cockles
in vinegar, drained Cod Cod, smoked Coley
Crab in vinager drained crab sticks
Crayfish
Dover Sole
Eels, jellied Grouper
Haddock Haddock, smoked Hake
Halibut
Herring Roe, soft Hoki
John Dory
King Prawns Lemon Sole Lobster
Monkfish
Mullet red and grey
Mussels Octopus Orange Roughy Oysters
Pike
Plaice
Pollock
Prawns
Rainbow Trout
Rock Salmon (Huss/Dog Fish) Salmon, fresh
Salmon, pink, canned, drained Salmon, red, canned, drained Sardines
Scallops
Sea Bass Sea Bream Shark Shrimps Skate
Squid Swordfish Tiger Prawns Tilapia
Trout
Trout, smoked
Tuna, fresh
Tuna, in brine, drained
Tuna, in spring water, drained Turbot
Whelks
Whiting
Winkles

Vegetarian alternatives

Quorn Mince Pieces Fillet Soya mince Tofu, regular & smoked

Fruit

ALL including tinned in own juices.

Veg

ALL including potatoes baked, wedges, chips cooked in fry light.

Meat and poultry

Bacon Medallions
Beef Braising Steak, lean Fillet steak, lean Silverside, lean Sirloin Steak, lean Stewing steak, lean
Boar, Wild Buffalo
Chicken breast, skinless, boneless drumstick,skinless leg , skinless mince
Frogs legs
Gammon steak
Goat
Guinea Fowl
Ham, Premium/Wafer Thin Heart, Lambs
Kangaroo, Steak Kidneys lambs and pigs
Lambs heart
Liver Calf Chicken Lamb Ox pigs
Ostrich tenderloin
Partridge
Pigeon
Pork escalope
fillet, lean
joint, shoulder, boneless loin steak, lean
mince, extra lean tenderloin.
Quail
Rabbit
Snails
Turkey breast
skinless, boneless steak
thigh, diced wafer thin
Veal escalope Venison haunch

Jelly

Sugar free

Extra light laughing cows are only 1pp

Some meal ideas

Breakfast

Porridge
Plain oat so simple with skimmed milk, stewed berries, fruit sweetener
Poached egg on calorie controlled bread.
Baked beans on calorie controlled bread toasted
Bacon medallions in calorie controlled bread
Bacon medallions in WW petit pains
Bacon, egg, beans toast etc
Toast with marmite
Shredded wheat with Skimmed milk
Crumpets
Omelettes

Lunch

Jacket potatoes - beans, tuna, sweet corn, lean meatballs
Pasta salad with whole wheat pasta
Pizzas done on WW wraps or WW pittas or WW petit pains
Chips made with fry light, wedges
Chicken wraps with salad
Sandwiches with calorie controlled bread
Wraps, sandwiches
Omelettes
Burgers

Dinners

Chicken breasts, lean pork steaks, veggies, potatoes
Lean mince shepherds pie using skimmed milk and no butter
Bolognaise, lean mince, home made tomato sauce with whole wheat pasta
Gammon, egg, home made chips
Pizzas as above
Fillet steak and HM chips
Fajitas with spices, home made salsa chicken breasts or steak
Stews
Casseroles
Pasta bakes with whole wheat pasta
Fish pie

I found that planning helped me on this and I also planned snacks but rarely ate the snacks.

Hope you don't think this list is patronising in any way but it's just ideas to get you started, and sorry if it's a bit messy but I've copied and pasted bits of it.

Any questions ask and I'll try and answer:)

Tracy

You are a legend!! Thanks Tracy! X

Thank you I got it in PM as well. Its awesome, so helpful!! I am also on an iPad atm. I will print it out on Friday so I can go through it with a highlight marker, gheghe. I already see some really nice stuff!!

eeek its good im enjoying it x

Argh, my stomach feels terrible. It is totm so lower tum also hurts but omg it is uncomfortable. I feel terrible:(
I actually considered not going in to work today but had some important things so do so meh.
:(
I still need to work 6hrs, so not happy about it.

Last edited:
Argh, my stomach feels terrible. It is totm so lower tum also hurts but omg it is uncomfortable. I feel terrible:(
I actually considered not going in to work today but had some important things so do so meh.
:(
I still need to work 6hrs, so not happy about it.

ohhh I hate being a woman! !! lol x

Me too, men are lucky *******s sometimes. They dont even realise how lucky they are :p

Thought id come and say hii i notice ur anime picture :)

Hi! Welcome! :)I love anime! Not all series but I have a few I still watch. Do you watch anime series? X

Hi! Welcome! :)I love anime! Not all series but I have a few I still watch. Do you watch anime series? X
not heard of it, but will check it out. Until recently, if I couldn't eat it, I wasn't interested :rolleyes: Hope your tum is feeling better. The only problem interacting with someone from the Netherlands is ..... I get nostalgic reminiscing about the most wonderful fresh cream & meringue filled chocolates and those honey/toffee waffley things I used to place on top of my cup of coffee to warm & soften them. YUM :eek: chips xx

Hope you feeling a bit better and work passed quickly. Its horrible feeling rotten at work. What is it you do?

I had to google Chris Powell to find out who he was. He's not bad, I will give you that. A positive distraction I suspect ;) I did once try to find out who one of the personal trainers was on an episode of "obese: year to save mylife" that I watched as he was stonkingly hot. Very muscly and pleasant with lots of tattoos. Very much my type :) Never did find out who he was though unfortunately.

So, dinner today pic added.

Tomorrowwwwww

B:
Froot loops 5pp
Banana 0pp
Mango 0pp

This will be my lunch tomorrow, not sure about dinner yet.
L:
John west tuna with a twist sundried tomato and herbs 3pp
Corn 2pp
Pasta 5pp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 97
not heard of it, but will check it out. Until recently, if I couldn't eat it, I wasn't interested :rolleyes: Hope your tum is feeling better. The only problem interacting with someone from the Netherlands is ..... I get nostalgic reminiscing about the most wonderful fresh cream & meringue filled chocolates and those honey/toffee waffley things I used to place on top of my cup of coffee to warm & soften them. YUM :eek: chips xx
Hahah. Anime is a drawn cartoon series.... In japanese. It is very nice, or well... If you dont mind japanese cartoonlike drawings heheh.
Aww, sorry for giving you all those foods memories hehe, I wasnt aware we had so many lovely things that stick with you ;)
I will put some tompoezen up here on Queens day, they are probably too many pp to eat but you need to have some on queens day. They are orange. hahah.

Hope you feeling a bit better and work passed quickly. Its horrible feeling rotten at work. What is it you do?

I had to google Chris Powell to find out who he was. He's not bad, I will give you that. A positive distraction I suspect ;) I did once try to find out who one of the personal trainers was on an episode of "obese: year to save mylife" that I watched as he was stonkingly hot. Very muscly and pleasant with lots of tattoos. Very much my type :) Never did find out who he was though unfortunately.
I am a speech therapist, work at schools and in private practice. It did get better, luckily, I hate feeling rotten at workmtoo. I cant really show the kids I am feeling ill, it will make them work less hard ;) Due to hols I will only be workin a half day next week and a 3/4th day the week after ao I will get some nice downtime. What kind of work do you do, if I may ask?

Chris is just.... He has this puppy face and I melt. Ah well. Hheh. Shame you could not find your hot trainer on google, its always like that when you think you can find out later,..........

x L

Back