My food diary - Trying to be a healthier me. :) (Will add some photos)

MelonCollie

Gold Member
Decided to make a thread with a food diary to make sure I keep on top of my weight loss. Also so if I have a good week I can go back and be like "Eat more...!" hehe :)
Starting diary end of week 6.

Start weight : 25st 12lbs
6 week WI : 24st 8lbs (Thread creation.)
Current weight : 14st 11.5lbs (14/01/2016)

So, Todays so far:

Healthy Extra A : Semi skinned milk - All used on cups of tea.
Healthy Extra B : Wholemeal bun.

Breakfast : Two slices of Watermelon (Bought an asda pack of 6.)

Lunch : Burger (home made - <5% fat been mince and 300g <10% fat pork mince. 3 syns for all of the mince and there's enough for today and tomorrow) with salad and another slice of watermelon.

Dinner (not made yet) : Burgers with a bun, home made ketchup (I'm just blending tinned tomatoes that I've cooked.) Fried Onions (frylight) Roasted Carrots (already in the oven.) and salad with a syn free salad dressing.

Syns : A sweet pie cake thing. 7 syns. (Didn't eat all because I thought it wasn't worth it!)
Pork mince (150g because half will be shared with OH) 2.25 syns (1.5/100g)
Total : 9.25 syns - will count that as 5.5 left for the day. :)

Drinks : 2L of water
2 cans of diet coke
Tea - two cups

I'll post a photo of my dinner when I've made it tonight. :)

Last edited:
subscribed.
i will also be starting my food diary tonight, i hope to update in the evenings when ive managed to eat my meals for the day.
maybe we can give each other some motivation?

Good luck to you! Motivation is a great power! We are here to help and support each other. Keep going and you will achieve your goal for sure;-)

Thanks for the good luck. :)

Here's a photo of my dinner tonight. I didn't notice that I ran out of tinned tomatoes so no fake ketchup for me! Found some mushrooms though so I also added some fried (frylight) mushrooms with garlic. :)
Roasted carrots (what's left of them) is pretty much hidden under the mixed salad lol.
j3UO2al.png

Will edit this post later to add all meals :)
Weigh in day so I'm not going to eat too much!

Hexa : Milk
Hexb : Salted caramel bar probably. :D

Breakfast : Muller light.

Lunch : None

Dinner : next post

Syns : 1x wholemeal bun (5.5) salted caramel bar (6) x2 burgers (3.4)
Total : 14.9. Cutting it close!!

Drinks : Water, milk, diet coke

Last edited:
Dinner tonight is two burgers (one bun 5.5 syns, other hexb) with some salad in.
Treating myself because WI was today and I lost 4.5 :D
I'll post pics as soon as it's done cooking :)

Lm1oUqU.jpg

Edited to add photo. :)

Last edited:
Popping in to subscribe! Ive found having a food diary (link below if anyone wants a peek) definitely helps you keep on track and having people comment/ follow helps keep you motivated!

Sounds like you are doing great so far. And yum for burgers!! Im so envious of you for making your own! Im terrible and cant be bothered and frozen ones are awful in syn (and sometimes taste!)

The burgers are really easy. :) 1 pack <5% fat beef mince (I think it was 500g.. the one that costs about £6) and <10% fat pork mince (1.5 syns/100g. I buy a 300g pack.)
Puree 2 onions and 2 cloves of garlic in a food processor (or have amazing knife skills, haha. Small chunks of onion are also fine but I would only use one onion then. If chunks fry them in frylight first) then hand mix the pork mince with onion. Once pork and onions are combined add a whole raw egg and the beef mince. (I do it like this because it's easier to mix a small bit first) add a large pinch of salt, pepper, teaspoon chilli flakes, table spoon smoked paprika, teaspoon dried rosemary, teaspoon dried thyme, a pinch of oregano (or a tablespoon of mixed italian herbs instead of the herbs mentioned. It's basically the same)
make sure everything is combined.
this mix made 8 decent sized burgers (OH has really big ones, he loves it.)
Pork mince comes to 4.5 syns, so 8/4.5 = 1.7 syns per burger. :)
If you want you can do it with just beef to make them syn free, but i find adding pork makes the burgers more juicy.
If you have a decent sized food processor just chuck everything in there so you don't have to mix it yourself. Pre-make the pattys and then freeze any you don't use.
I love them too much to freeze them though. Hehe.

Hope this helps. :D

I'll subscribe to your food diary too. :)

Just remembered i had some lighter than light mayo in my burger so I've slightly gone over the syns. I'll stick to 10 tomorrow just to be on the safe side. :)

Having a good day today to be on the safe side.. :)

HEXA : Milk
HEXB : Salted caramel bar

Breakfast : 1 salted caramel bar (Bought at club) and a cup of tea

Lunch : Pasta with a veg sauce. (Home-made sauce with Onions, Garlic, Mushrooms, Peppers, Courgettes, Carrots, tinned tomatoes & Pasatta.) and fresh herbs in it as well.

I'll post a photo of my lunch when it's done cooking.

Dinner is still undecided.

Drinks : Water, Diet Coke, Tea.

Syns : none so far.

Last edited:
Here's a photo of my lunch. :) I couldn't eat all of it :eek: Left about 1/3 of it. I'll mix it in with the leftovers and the OH can have it for lunch at work tomorrow. :)

Ny2hkow.jpg

Going to hop on the treadmill in a moe! I try to do an hour of exercise a day (not including walking the dogs)

:)

hehe thanks. :)
I still haven't decided what's for dinner tonight, but I'm not hungry yet! I have a friend coming over at 8 so I will either eat before then or at midnight when the OH gets back from work.
Or maybe I'll just snack on a few bits of fruit.
I may make some fake pimms for tonight :) I had it at group and it was lovely!

& I've subscribed. :D

Hi MC, Dropping by to sub..your food looks yummy! x

Thank you. :)
My mum's a chef and dad a pretty great cook so I learned from them. :D It's not overly hard adjusting recipes to the SW way really :D
And I've had friends over apologising for me going off the diet when I've cooked a SW friendly meal for them.. haha!

Back