New Beginning - this time I'll do it!

Well done on getting back on track Sasha its not an easy diet by any means x I think that yo feel more sluggish afetr alcohol is the dehydration. We forget to drink our water when drinking wine and as alcohol dehydrares we should be drinking even more water xxx Not easy lol xx. Good luck for weigh in today x

Thanks Martine, I was very dehydrated and I realise that I just can't have 2 packs and a bottle of wine! :-o
I stayed the same this week... was quite disappointed and then I read your diary and read about your Sister in Law and the awful weekend you've had. Put it all in perspective.
:sigh: xx

I have one word to explain my 'non' weight loss this week WINE! I thought I could get away with a few cheats and, up until now, that's exactly what's happened. I've got away with it. Hunks of bread here, glass of wine there. Well it's well and truly come back to bite me on the bum this week. Staying the same has made me realise that if I'm serious about getting this weight off (and I am!) then I have to do the diet. Below are the reasons I think I've not lost:

1. I've been mega constipated - probably through not drinking enough water - once that's shifted I'm sure 4lb (at least) will be gone!! :D sorry too much information!
2. I've not drank enough water.
3. I've not had enough packs at times.
4. WINE lots and lots of wine.

So, I've reordered some bars. I have been having one a day and it's helped me to reach my quota. They are also easy for when I'm travelling or late in from work so I know they've stopped me cheating at times. I am going to measure my water daily and tick it off like Martine125 does! :) and I shall just get my head down and DO THE DIET.
End of! I want this sooooooo much. I know that I've got a lot of outings coming up but I'll cope and do the best that I can. Fingers crossed.

Good for you Sasha. I know how disheartening that a stay the same can be but you have not done any damage so onwards and downwards from here!! You have done great so far and its the carbs in wine that does it!! No carbs in vodka:p xx

Keep at it as you deserve it xx

So, I've been doing my packs for the past few days and drinking my quota of water. My bars arrived today and it was nice to have one of those (although I had the S&S chewy chocolate which is a new bar of theirs) didn't think much of it. Give me the Praline one any day! I am enjoying my packs and just in the right frame of mind so need to make the most of this renewed optimism and strength. I hopped on the scales Tuesday and I was 2lb down which pleased me! ;) that might be it for the whole week - who knows - but it's a loss.

Can't stop ordering clothes. And I'm ordering a bloomin' size 12 for God's sake it's not even clothes I can wear in the near future! But I think it's a phase and I need to enjoy it. And to be honest, I haven't actually even looked at clothes for a good couple of years - necessity purchasing only - and that was when my clothes were actually either too tight or falling apart. No pleasure at all. So this is an exciting new experience. I know I'm not slim (yet ;)) but when I buy these smaller sizes it feels like I could be.

I've been thinking a lot about what makes me overeat and how I've got to this stage. I definitely reached for food to comfort myself. For example my boyfriend is in a bit of a sad place, today he had a day off work and I got home to find him still in his PJ's and very lethargic and just... floppy! I felt very frustrated, one because it's hard to see someone you love like that and two, because I wanted to kick him up the backside and say, 'OMG do something!!' (which brings up guilt in itself) anyway...I could feel myself being drawn to get something to eat. Something stodgy. I remembered the comfort it bought me. I knew that if I ate something sweet really quickly it would take away the frustration and pain and fill that void (temporarily) until I looked in the mirror!! It saved me experiencing the emotion or pain fully. So, tonight I didn't do that. I just sat with the pain and frustration...well I surfed the net actually!! Lol And it felt good. Life is going to throw me more challenges than you can shake a stick at...I can just tell :rolleyes: but I have proved to myself tonight that I don't need food in my stomach to deal with them. I didn't collapse in a heap unable to cope without a doughnut inside me. Nice to know.

Waist measurement today is 34inches. That is a 4 inch loss since I started and I can feel the difference today. :D
Had a small portion of chicken but I've counted that into my daily allowance today. Don't know if it's the rain that's making me want to eat. At least it wasn't out of control or something stodgy. So, today:

Orange Chocolate bar - Slim & Save
Small portion of chicken
Hot chocolate shake
Vanilla shake with coffee added

Happy Days!! x

Well done Sasha. Emotional eating is a killer isnt it!!
Sorry to hear your BF is going through a difficult time. We dont just eat when we are down , but when others are too. x

You have stayed to track really well Sasha and seem so positive right now.

I always seemed to buy Get Into clothes that were smaller, hence the wardrobe not worn yet lol x

Yeah to the size 12s im sure you will see them soon enough x. I ahd shakes and an evening meal yesterday, not quite in the frame of mind to cut out completely yet bjt getting there. Think i will keep this way over weekend as its still less than i was taking so even a wee pound off would still be a loss. x

Thanks Martine, yes emotions can really make me reach for the cake! My BF seems better and on the up so that's good. I can cope with me feeling down and hopeless it is more difficult when the person you love is going through hell...whatever you say you can't fix it for them can you? Hard to watch at times x

Well, back to weight loss, I'm hoping for...even a little pound this week. Like you say it will be a loss! Especially after staying the same last week!!
Buying a size 12 is very, very optimistic :) I held it up yesterday and it's kind of elasticated but I couldn't get it over my knees lol. Oh well, add it to the 'in the future' wardrobe ;) we'll get there! x

Last edited:
Should be out for dinner tonight. Going in a minute.. this weekend is going to be challenging. Celebration tomorrow for my Mum's birthday and drinks on Sunday. THEN to make matters worse I have a Monday weigh in!! Bad choice of day or what?? lol. If I feel too fat I'll do a Tuesday weigh in.

Today I've stuck to the plan and will try and eat meat/veg tonight and stick to water or coke zero if they have it. My carefully laid plan may just go 'tits up' but I'll try my best!! Feeling quite strong at the moment...oh I do hate it when I say that in case I give in to temptation and eat (or drink) my words...literally!
party0036.gif

Happy weekend to all xx

Weigh in day today and 5lb off :giggle: bit rude to congratulate myself but hey! Why not? After staying the same 5lb has made me very happy today!

I did eat at the weekend and thought that I'd blown it - although stuck to protein and salad/veg. And, more importantly I stayed away from the wine :D guzzle guts was well and truly under wraps this weekend. Roll on the 12's - never satisfied!!

Well done Sasha, huge pat on the back:grouphugg: 5lbs is great. Here comes the 12s!!!! xx

Well done Sasha, huge pat on the back:grouphugg: 5lbs is great. Here comes the 12s!!!! xx

Thanks Martine! I am going over to your diary to see how you are getting on! :) Really nice for the weight to be on the move! However, I've got such a lot on this week (meals out) and it's tough so wouldn't be surprised if I stay the same again this week! x

I've had a tough week. My Mum is staying for the week so I've had to cook some lovely meals and...it's not gone great the past few days! Yesterday (because my Mum comes with a carrier bag of sweets!) I had some midget gems (no not some the whole pack I can't lie) and then some hot new potatoes. Today I had a team lunch and had Pad Thai. Grrrr.

I was aiming for 3lb loss this week to get me into the 12's. That is not very realistic after the past few days! Plus, I am out to dinner tomorrow night and Sunday I have a Sunday Roast with my boyfriend's family. Looks like I may have to settle for staying the same (at best) this week. I am really fed up that I ate sweets and potatoes yesterday and didn't stick to a simple Thai soup today. I mean Pad Thai?!!

Weighed this morning and I stayed the same as Monday but after today I'm not sure whether I dare get on the scales tomorrow. What is up with me?? I have one good week and then blow it. It's like I'm my own worst enemy. Making this soooo hard for myself :confused:

But I'm determined. I have my eye on 12's and nothing is going to stop me this week. Not even Thai food and roast dinners!! What I have to do is make sure that the rest of today, Friday and Saturday are ultra strict. Maybe I'll stand a chance of my 3lb then.

Last edited:
Sending you positive vibes Sasha:wavey:.
Its really difficult when life throws events at you when your trying to lose weight. Thats when the biggest loser house would be great. Just eat healthy and exercise, no streses. We would be slim in no time lol xxx

Sending you positive vibes Sasha:wavey:.
Its really difficult when life throws events at you when your trying to lose weight. Thats when the biggest loser house would be great. Just eat healthy and exercise, no streses. We would be slim in no time lol xxx

I could do with being in the biggest loser house right now lol. My Mum and BF have just got fish and chips and the smell is divine. My BF has just got a chip and wafted in my face (thought he was being funny) and now I've locked myself in the bedroom because I wasn't laughing!! I am staying strong though. I'm determined to be the one laughing come Monday's weigh in xx Wonderful you are being 100% on it - my inspiration!!
Yesterday wasn't so great but today have been good. I'm so pleased you are doing well.

Yesterday was a complete right off. I thought, after the Pad Thai that I could stay strong for the rest of the day. After all, I'd had more than my quota of deliciousness...but no! I then had lots of sausages in the evening. I cooked sausage and mash for my Mum and BF but my BF fell asleep and didn't have any so... there was a mountain of sausages left. I had one, then another, then another. I just kept going back in to the kitchen and eating another bit.

Serves me right because today I had such a bad stomach. I had to go to work and lets say I suffered badly! :sick0019: Best thing that could've happened because, yet again, I am taught a lesson in greediness in that I can't have my cake and eat it without consequences. Far too much food and my body just couldn't cope with it. So, today I've been really, really good. Despite the temptation of fish and chips tonight. I resisted and have locked myself away in the bedroom.

Like I said before, it's been a hard week with my Mum staying. The food has been abundant and delicious and I've had more than my fair share of cheats. I guess I won't be inviting my Mum back until much later in the summer :D and I just have to keep learning from my mistakes. I'm feeling strong today and I know I can continue that on into tomorrow and Saturday. I've got tomorrow off and will be taking my Mum home. Saturday I have to myself (yey!!) and then Sunday and the 'family' lunch. Grrrr. Could do without it! But I'll just eat small and avoid dessert. Although, may have to drink! Anyway, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Needless to say, I am just going through a typical week of ups and downs that has become my life on this diet. Oh I wish I could be one of these people who start, do total food replacement without one slip up and drink 4ltrs of water daily and go, well I didn't get tempted once!! Is there such a person? I'm sure there is. I need to accept it's not me. I try my best every day and some days my willpower deserts me. What I need to do is make the most of the days when I'm strong and try to get as many strong days in as possible.

We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Maya Angelou

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
Og Mandino

Last edited:
Hey, I think you're actually doing really well - you could have come off-plan big style with your Mum staying but you haven't. And as long as you avoid the carbs if the Sunday Roast and pile up the meat & veg I'm sure you'll be fine there too! It's not easy losing any weight, I think we should give ourselves a much bigger pay on the back x

Your doing really well Sasha and just think of your journey like mine. We are taking the scenic route, with a few stops to admire the view on the way.

I dont think i have ever managed to completely stick 100% at all times with any diet. We are only human after all and food is a pleasure to enjoy as well. Although not too much lol xx

Youve got the right frame of mind for the next few days so stick at it. Oh and when you get to target have a bag of chips and wave the lot of them in your BFs face lol xx:happy036:

Thanks so much Martine125 & BookLass. I really appreciate your encouragement, advice etc. Sometimes it just gets to you doesn't it??! I like the thought of the scenic route haha...I'm definitely dancing my way with the 'one step forward, two back' :)

You are definitely right, BookLass giving ourselves a pat on the back a bit more often is much more productive than thinking about where we've f**ked up! :D not exactly your words I've added some lol.

Came on my Period yesterday so I think that added to my cravings and also getting emotional over the chip waving :rolleyes: I am human after all xx Hope you are both doing great this weekend.

Back