NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kay.
I'm very excited and got all my soups planned. Plus my husband is going to do it with me to help make things easier xx

Yay ! To OH starting with you too, he deserves a clap :clap: :D for supporting you on this. I hope you enjoy all your yummy carbs this week, this is a low carb challenge so eat as much pasta, rice noodles, potatoes, bread as you want this week hun and then next week, its kick arse time :asskick: :giggle: hehe xx

Well ladies we've done day 5 - just 2 to go!! hope ur all on track now Kay's back!

1. Date: 10 Oct 2014
2. Cycle: Get Fit
3. Day of challenge: 5
4. Plan: green
5. Water intake: 2l
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: none
8. Total syns: 9 - Holland and Barrat - pecan, date and almond bar
9. Soup: leek, onion and spinach soup x 2

UPDATE - for SAT 11/10/2014 - DAY 6 OF CHALLENGE :)

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal and the other meal must be your carb free Soup. Today you must do 30 mins of exercise minimum. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal and you must have x2 bowls of Soup.. Today you must exercise for 1 hour. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 10 syns allowed if you need them

Hello Kay, Welcome back we've missed you xx Lovely day in the garden today, just like summer so some of my body magic was used as gardening.

2. Cycle: Turbo Challenge
4. Plan: Red
5. Water intake: 2.5 ltrs
7. Body magic: 1 hour exercise bike and all afternoon gardening
8. Total syns: 6 Alpen bar
9. Soup: Chicken and Vegetable x 2 same as yesterday

Hello Kay, Welcome back we've missed you xx Lovely day in the garden today, just like summer so some of my body magic was used as gardening.

Summer? Summer?!!! We've had rain, more rain, thunder, lightning, more rain and huge hailstones!! Can I come and live in Cornwall with you? I'll help with the gardening :)
Well done on another good soup day, Sue :wavey:

1. Date 8 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge: 3
4. Plan Red
5. Water intake 2
7. Body magic: zilch it has been torrential rain all day!
8. Total syns 10 (angel delight and shape yogurt)
9. Soup: vegetable soup

1. Date 9 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge 4
4. Plan Green
5. Water intake 2 litres
6. Carbs today: pasta
7. Body magic: kettlebells and packing up kitchen ready for builders
8. Total syns 10 (digestive, sultanas, shape yogurt)
9. Soup: Spicy tomato soup with lentils

Is it just me or is anyone else just wanting to hibernate? I get under the duvet and don't want to come out!!!

Hey DB :p, well done on a fab day 3 & 4 ! Your totally right about the weather, think its been freezing most places, that helps with wanting warm soup, but certainly doesn't make you want to exercise lol. Well done on getting as much done as you could. The only thing I will say is if you do have a day without exercise just remember to keep the carbs low. Your soups sound really yummy, hope you enjoyed them. Well done on hitting your targets all round :). I'm looking forward to your posts for this weekend. There's only 2 days left of the challenge, you've done brilliant, keep going DB ! :D

Kay xx

Summer? Summer?!!! We've had rain, more rain, thunder, lightning, more rain and huge hailstones!! Can I come and live in Cornwall with you? I'll help with the gardening :)
Well done on another good soup day, Sue :wavey:

Of course, but be careful what you wish for Kay, The previous owners left me a nightmare of a garden. So far we've dumped 8 packed to the roof van loads of green waste and there is still tons to go. I've got to clear it for the veggie patch for the salad challenge next year :D Then there is the patio to dig out. mmmm could do with some help ha ha xx

I am so excited to start the soup challenge next week, I have been planning my soups already!
I thought I'd share this recipe with you all- it is top of my list :-D

Cauliflower Cheese Soup
1 head cauliflower
2x onions
1 clove garlic
Veg stock cube/chicken- personal preference
1 small potato- helps to thicken but would be interesting to see how it would be left out as its really thick! Also would make it carb free ;-)

Boil up til tender then blitz. Stir in cheese of your preference- I used half a tub of tesco value cheese spread for 8 syns- makes about four portions at 2syns each.
That said, you could use 4x hexAs of an appropriate cheese and have it syn free!

So delicious and creamy- it's been suggested to use as a white sauce for lasagna too which I can imagine working perfectly..

1. Date: 8 Oct 2014
7. Body magic: walk 35 mins
8. Total syns: 8 - choc
9. Soup: spinach and celery soup

1. Date: 9 Oct 2014
3. Day of challenge: Day 4
4. Plan: Green
6. Carbs today: few porage oats (part HEB)
7. Body magic: 40 mins walk
8. Total syns: 8 - choc
9. Soup: SW tomato and basil soup

Well ladies we've done day 5 - just 2 to go!! hope ur all on track now Kay's back!

4. Plan: green
8. Total syns: 9 - Holland and Barrat - pecan, date and almond bar
9. Soup: leek, onion and spinach soup x 2

Fantastic Linda ! :D Your really doing well this week ! :) I think The Get Fit cycle has worked brilliant for you and both the cycles give good results. You can continue with it next week too if you like hun. I'm loving all your soups :p especially the onion and spinach soup, I love spinach and its packed with iron and good for you. Well done on hitting all your targets. Your water intake, syns and exercise have been fab. Good luck for day 6, I am looking forward to your post tomorrow. It's the weekend Linda, were all rooting for you, you can do this, just 2 more days till weigh in hun, whoop ! :p

Kay xx

View attachment 155919Hi Kay, Sorry I'm late here is my plan for day 3

4. Plan: EE
6. Carbs today: Potato
7. Body magic: 1 hour exercise bike
8. Total syns: 4
9. Soup: Beef goulash x 2

View attachment 156032 Hi, Here is my plan for today. I agree a duvet and hibernation would be good. xx

1. Date 9 Oct
2. Cycle Turbo Challenge
3. Day of challenge 4
4. Plan Red
5. Water intake 2.5 ltrs.
6. Carbs today: None
7. Body magic: Zumba and exercise bike total 1.5 hours
8. Total syns None
9. Soup: Chicken and vegetable x 2

Corrrrr ! Loving them soups Sue :drool: . I've just been saying to the others, we should all start sharing our yummy soup recipes on here, care to share ? :D Well done hun on hitting all your targets ! And your doing Turbo this week that's brilliant ! I know its harder to drink cold water in this weather. Don't know if your a fan of herbal teas but they are allowed on this challenge and a girl in my group mentioned about hot Bovril, I've never tried it but it tastes like chicken soup and its syn free, so that would be allowed on this challenge too. I'm gonna go buy some next week for the challenge :p. Well done on hitting all your targets hun. It's the weekend, stay strong. I've said it to the others, if you feel a binge coming on, just come on here and we will all talk you out of it, that offer stands for everyone :D. Good luck with day 6, I hope you do super lovely ! :):) xx

Fantastic Linda ! :D Your really doing well this week ! :) I think The Get Fit cycle has worked brilliant for you and both the cycles give good results. You can continue with it next week too if you like hun. I'm loving all your soups :p especially the onion and spinach soup, I love spinach and its packed with iron and good for you. Well done on hitting all your targets. Your water intake, syns and exercise have been fab. Good luck for day 6, I am looking forward to your post tomorrow. It's the weekend Linda, were all rooting for you, you can do this, just 2 more days till weigh in hun, whoop ! :p

Kay xx

Thx Kay - yes think I'll be ok now - fingers crossed - I've signed up to week 2 whilst u were away - GET FIT - don't want to test my willpower with TURBO next week but wd like to do it after the week's break!

3. Day of challenge: Wk 2 Day 3
8. Total syns: 10
9. Soup: chicken and veg soup (from freezer again!)

Well done on the week so far everyone, you're all much better at making interesting soups than I am!

I won't be taking part next week, but hope to start again w/c 20th

So, eh I forgot to take a pic until I got to end of my mug :rolleyes:

View attachment 155970

Sent from my phone... if I can work it properly

1. Date: 9th Oct
3. Day of challenge: Wk 2 Day 4
4. Plan: Green
6. Carbs today: jacket potato
7. Body magic: walk with dog, only about 20 mins though due to dodgy foot!
8. Total syns: 10
9. Soup: spicy vegetable and mixed bean soup (as per pic of empty mug upthread!)

Hey Niamh :p, well done to getting a snap of your soup :D. A brill day 3 & 4. I'm looking forward to your post tonight for day 5. Your soups sound really yummy, love the spicy bean one :). Well done on hitting all your targets. Hope you've enjoyed the challenge this week. Look forward to you coming back on the 20th to rejoin us, I'm sure the weather will be even colder by then and you will enjoy your soups even more. Good luck for the weekend, only 2 days left of the challenge, I'm sure your gonna do super hun ! xx

Thx Kay - yes think I'll be ok now - fingers crossed - I've signed up to week 2 whilst u were away - GET FIT - don't want to test my willpower with TURBO next week but wd like to do it after the week's break!

Guess what, I'm gonna join ya ! I'll will do Get Fit too :D:D xx

I am so excited to start the soup challenge next week, I have been planning my soups already!
I thought I'd share this recipe with you all- it is top of my list :-D

Cauliflower Cheese Soup
1 head cauliflower
2x onions
1 clove garlic
Veg stock cube/chicken- personal preference
1 small potato- helps to thicken but would be interesting to see how it would be left out as its really thick! Also would make it carb free ;-)

Boil up til tender then blitz. Stir in cheese of your preference- I used half a tub of tesco value cheese spread for 8 syns- makes about four portions at 2syns each.
That said, you could use 4x hexAs of an appropriate cheese and have it syn free!

So delicious and creamy- it's been suggested to use as a white sauce for lasagna too which I can imagine working perfectly..

Yay ! Woohoo ! :party0011: First recipe of the thread. I saw Rosie post this yummy recipe on her diary, thanks for sharing Rosie, I am defo gonna give this a try ! :D

I'm looking forward to more going up soon from everyone, its good to share :p, I will be posting some of mine too tomorrow :).

Kay xx

Some lovely soups & you are all doing so well. You'll make Kay very happy on her return :D

Hello lovely, how are you hun :p, great to see you on here this week supporting :D were missing you on the challenge xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back