One SW day at a time

Wednesday

Well yesterday turned into a nightmare. Had to rush Oliver to A&E at 8pm and he was admitted with suspected appendicitis. We're still on the ward as they're not sure what the problem is now.

I'm exhausted and worried but we're in the best place.

Oh no! Hope they find out what it is soon. Try and get some rest yourself; you're no good to him if you're not functioning properly either. *hugs* to you and hope he's better soon.

Wednesday

Well yesterday turned into a nightmare. Had to rush Oliver to A&E at 8pm and he was admitted with suspected appendicitis. We're still on the ward as they're not sure what the problem is now.

Flippin eck, I hope he's ok, you're right he is in the right place. Don't forget to look after yourself too x

Wednesday

oh no!
Hope he gets better soon xx
Get some rest xx

Thank you all.

Still in hospital!
Food wise it's very difficult to stay on plan really. I counted my calories yesterday and had 2000 odd in crappy biscuits, crisps and full fat milk!

Here for the day again so I'm going to try and be a bit better eating but it's not on the top of my priorities of course. At least I got a decent nights sleep last night.

Last edited:
Thank you all.

Still in hospital! Waiting for him to have a scan today to see if his insides are back to front! Huh? The pain is on the wrong side for it to be his appendix so I'm wondering whether he has a twisted bowel or something - the doctors aren't telling me much.

Food wise it's very difficult to stay on plan really. I counted my calories yesterday and had 2000 odd in crappy biscuits, crisps and full fat milk!

Here for the day again so I'm going to try and be a bit better eating but it's not on the top of my priorities of course. At least I got a decent nights sleep last night.

I thought the pain always started on the wrong side and then travelled with appendix issues? Hope they find out what it is today. Don't put extra pressure on yourself re: eating, it's not worth it.

Hope you get home today. I had appendicitis and the pain was on the right side low down, very painful. Glad Oliver is better today x

Hooray for the skinny syrups - they're good arent they?

Hooray to for being home! All your good wishes have been much appreciated.

I'm already cooking up a storm and planning on a nice vegetable and gnocchi bake for a late lunch. Hot food hooray!!

Saturday - location: my own comfy bed with my FOUR fluffy pillows and my delicious heavy duvet.

Amazing how happy I am to be home, a few days away from my home comforts have really made me appreciate them. In a minute I'm going to go and make myself a big mug of coffee - in a nice clean my own mug mug - with almond milk and drink it in bed! Oh the luxury! (No hot drinks allowed on the ward in hospital), then I'm going to decide what I'm having to eat for the day and it's going to be jam packed with veggies.

WI this morning and have STS. Lucky escape I think after all the bread and rubbish I've eaten.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - black coffee, banana.

Lunch - gnocchi and vegetable bake (4 + A)

image-1659456949.jpg

image-2178825460.jpg

Delicious!

Dinner - Nothing, I came over all perculiar and went to bed at 8:30. Think the stress of the last week finally caught up with me!

Snacks - Nothing!

Total Syns - 4

On The Agenda - A day in the kitchen :bliss:

Last edited:
Saturday - location: my own comfy bed with my FOUR fluffy pillows and my delicious heavy duvet.

Amazing how happy I am to be home, a few days away from my home comforts have really made me appreciate them. In a minute I'm going to go and make myself a big mug of coffee - in a nice clean my own mug mug - with almond milk and drink it in bed! Oh the luxury! (No hot drinks allowed on the ward in hospital), then I'm going to decide what I'm having to eat for the day and it's going to be jam packed with veggies.

Tom is having his dentistry work done this afternoon, my Lovely Lee gave me the money to pay for it because he is my Hero, so another night of nursing duties await. Hopefully he'll be ok tomorrow so I'll be able to go and spend some time with Lee.

Oliver is ok, still asking for pain killers now and again, but if this carries on over the weekend I'll be taking him to the GP on Monday although there was nothing showing on any of his results in hospital.

WI this morning and have STS. Lucky escape I think after all the bread and rubbish I've eaten.

Yay to home comforts, nice bed & pillows, can't beat it.

How sweet of Lee to pay for Tom's dentistry, that's a really nice gesture.

I can't believe the hosptial didn't find anything with Oliver, lets hope he's ok Monday.

glad Oliver is home and hope Toms dentisry work goes ok. Can understand u feeling shattere hope you manage to have some time with Lee.

Thanks all!

Sunday

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Piña Colada.....muller light. Coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - Salmon with pak choi, shiitake mushrooms, samphire and a mustard and ginger sauce. (half B)

image-4008370180.jpg

Dinner - Italian meatballs with spaghetti (Half A for Parmesan + 1.5)

image-4165774193.jpg

Snacks - wine - about 20 syns.

Last edited:
Back