Protein Options

Adding protein to your diet if you need extra will keep you in ketosis but will obviously affect your weight loss as it adds calories. You need to balance your need for extra food with the affect on your weight loss - but if you really need extra food (as opposed to wanting extra food) then protein is the best way to go. Check that the protein you want to have doesn't also have carbs in though else it might knock you out of ketosis.

thank you weasy its not just the hunger but the 12 hour shifts i do particulaly as i have been doing so many extra shifts i think im just burning off a hell of alot more then i am taking in this last week
thankx xx

cooked weight x

I've been doing a baked egg. Get a small ramekin put two tablespoons of veg in the base - leeks for me

Crack two eggs in the ramekin, bake for twenty minutes. Will puff up. Still nice and soft yolked. Gorgeous!!

Oh, that sounds good - will try that - it will be a nice change. Always looking for ways to make the meals more varied!

Anyone any idea what to do with tinned tuna? I find it really dry on it's own i.e. no mayo, no dressing, no yoghurt

Any ideas Or will I just give it a swerve?

LOL I just scoff it dry!! But err could add it into a salad. (Or give it a miss LOL)

LOL I just scoff it dry!! But err could add it into a salad. (Or give it a miss LOL)

I was debating mixing it with cottage cheese and having one portion one day and one the next but thought it could possibly be boggin.

Could you mix half a teaspoon of bouillon powder with a little hot water and stir the tuna into that? I find it's good for dry frying shallots, though never thought of using it as a 'dressing' before. Maybe I'll try it myself one day :)

So two eggs won't effect weight loss? I love eggs so that will be my option if so :) Is this with the yolk too or just the protien white part? x

Two eggs are your protein for your protein meal. If you had them in addition to all of the other food then your calories would be higher and so you would lose less - if you have them for your protein then it won't be a problem.

Why, I dont know.............but I found some veggie 'king prawns' in Tesco tonight, they were low carb and on offer........even if they were free Id avoid them.......RANK!!!!!!!

Why, I dont know.............but I found some veggie 'king prawns' in Tesco tonight, they were low carb and on offer........even if they were free Id avoid them.......RANK!!!!!!!

OMG, they sounded very odd so I looked them up:

Fish Free King Prawns (Water, Polysaccharides, Whey Protein, Potato Starch, Salt, Sugar, Paprika Extract, Calcium Hydroxide, Natural Flavouring)

Sounds delightful (not!) :)

When is a prawn not a prawn? When it's made from polysaccharides!

Uhhh dont!!! Enough to make me gag!

Back