The Journey of H - depression

Amanda its great you think its a good idea - myself I would not measure too often maybe once every couple of weeks - I dont like to set myself up for failure (really bashes my self esteem) but do what you think will work for you - I want to SEE results - but if you dont mind small changes then go for it

right today is better planned I put my healthy extras into my menus BEFORE the free food

so here is todays food - for a green day

breakfast
as yesterday
snack - about 11
a free mug shots
an apple

lunch about two-ish but will most like graze through afternoon
veg and pasta frittata (free)
with 56g cubed cheese (A and B)

afternoon snack
2 x alpen light bars (B)

dinner
chicken style nuggets (6) 6 syns
rustic chips 200g 2 syns
herb salad (but might change it to beans and mushrooms if I am cold)
1 tablespoon sweet chilli dipping sauce 1.5 syns

so I have managed to get in all healthy extras
and 9.5 syns - that is good for me

I also plan to take my book (its the older version) into work and write down all the healthy B choices I like and their amounts - this will mean I have them to hand and might find things I forgot I could have

I will be posting from work - but not all the keys work properly as when I was on holiday some **** spilt his coffee over it
as we only use it to put through orders (and I can use another machine) or browsing the internet when bored then I cant complain too much at least I have one - so please forgive any missing letters

I know I am dyslexic but I do try to spot mistakes :):)

hello! How are you today? Hope you're loving SW.

Good idea to measure yourself at the start. I only measured waist, bust and hips but have seen a big reduction so far.
Have a good week:)

hello! How are you today? Hope you're loving SW.

Good idea to measure yourself at the start. I only measured waist, bust and hips but have seen a big reduction so far.
Have a good week:)
Hi its nice to meet you too :):)
yes I am enjoying slimming world - when I can fit it all in - free food is the easy bit

so glad you have seen a real change in your measurements

well today did not go quite to plan
but I have had a good day and dinner is cooking

breakfast was
fruit and yog all free - huge dish full

snack (which was eaten at 1pm) was mug shots again free
then in the afternoon I grazed on lunch
of frittata

I had one of my 2 alpen lights

so to make up for that and the other healthy B have have not have I am having
63g leskol over my chips

dinner is
the cheese
with chips (2 syns)
chicken style nuggets (3 syns)
beans and mushrooms

I still have 5 syns left - healthy a was milk

I am hoping I am getting closer to the heart of the plan :):)

Well I have to admit to standing on the scales today
and yes I know Sandy will be over asap for my telling off :):)
so apologies to Sandy - she seems to be able to smell these posts of admission

right bad news or maybe not
I have put on half a pound since monday - but I am eating far more than on WW and my body does need time to adjust - so roll on Monday - official weigh in day
next week is also time for aunt flo to visit and for Jane maybe the decorators will be in :):)
so maybe things arent as bad as they could be

well I have had to put my antidepressants back up (doc allows me to dose from 0mg to 20 mg without a consultation as long as every up dose is done for a minimum of 6 weeks) so I will now be on 15mg for a minimum of 6 weeks - I really hope this dose kicks in quickly as this morning I realise just how far I have let myself go

some of the keys dont work on the lappy at work due to some nameless person (my boss) chucking his coffee in it - and yes for those that know he does take sugar all he said was oooooooooops
but as we only use it for ordering stock and for browsing the internet when bored I can hardly complain too much - problems is I cant type replies on here so I get bored and frustrated not being able to interact with everyone

todays food so far is
fruit and yogs for breakfast - all free

snack
mugshots - free

lunch
frittata - free

snack
2 x alpen light bars healthy B

I think I might have a healthy a of milk today

dinner
NO idea

so ideas anyone for a green animal protein free or synned meal for me tonight

shove it on a post it note and leave it on the fridge (alternatively - leave the message here)

feeling quite low today - so anyone know any good jokes to make me smile - please leave them here :):)

I hope you're having a better day now hun.

I am really naughty with scales and weigh myself constantly! i get so confused that i don't know if I've lost or gained in the end as they fluctuate so much over the week! So i should really put them away and just let WI at class tell me how I'm doing.

I only do green days , are you too? You could have SW quiche, pasta with passata and chilli, quorn bolognaise, egg and chips:)-sw style of course!, baked potato, quorn chilli and rice, the Moroccan Pie from Green Day book is yummy, how about omelette? I'm sure you've had most of these already lol!!
I try to have syn free or very low syn meals if i can cos I like to have a little syn time in the evning.

Bye for now; hope you have a lovely dinner.

Oh I havent tried the Moroccan pie - must look that one up
in the end I had sausages 1.5 syns (meat free ones) with chips and salad - it was really nice

I am not working today so thought I would have something completely different for breakfast
I am having 57g wholemeal bread (healthy B) with two beaten eggs and a splash of milk from my allowance I have also go 1.5 syns worth of sausages I have cut the bread and sausages into small bite sized pieces - placed them in the frying pan and covered with the eggs
I have allowed the egg to soak into the bread and am now cooking it
I am looking forward to this as a change from my fruit and yog and as a way to use some syns and healthy extras
right off to check on breakie

Hey Aaleigha,

Good to see you are doing so well with following the plan, I too have followed 100% since I began on SW (This is Day 7 for me) and I too have not lost weight since my WI!

When I weighed in Tuesday I had actually only been on the diet 4 days - the previous 3 days I was continuing a healthy eating plan I had already been on - so I'm not sure how much of that 5.5lbs I showed as losing on Tuesday was down to SW.

My first entirely SW weigh in will be this Tuesday, in 4 days, and so far I haven't lost anything. I'm not gonna let it worry me, and you shouldn't let it worry you either - you only need to read the diaries on here, and the other posts on here, to see that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has stuck to the plan 100% for any amount of time, has done VERY VERY WELL with their weight loss - and that is ALL that matters (hark at me with my CAPITAL letters today haha).

Like you, I didn't just go to bed skinny and wake up the size I am - it took me years of bad eating and no exercise to get like this. A quick fix is not what I'm after. I want something which is gonna help me lose weight in a healthy way, and then keep it off, while at the same time I can eat plenty, and never feel hungry.

SW ticks ALL the boxes for me, and I have to assume it will for you too.

SW is a big change for my body, and I suspect it may take a while for my body to catch on to what is happening, but I have 100% confidence that it will work.

If you ever wanna chat or let off some steam just PM me, I don't take offence at anything lol so fill your boots :)

Hope you're having a great day!!

Thanks Dave

I know slimming world will work as it did for me before BUT this time I am suffering from depression and am medicated - this week the big black blanket seems to be descending - and I dont know why - I have this week put my meds up (doc has given me permission to take between 0mg and 20mg) I have had to put the meds up to 15mg - hopefully they will kick in soon - I really need them to work

I know some of you are going to come on here and tell me all about the benefits of exercise - well having studied health and fitness there is not much you can tell me that I wont already know - at the moment the walking is not helping

so in a nutshell all I really want to do today is go back to my bed with a book and curl up and sleep - hopefully the dogs will come up and keep me company

hiya H, hope you got you doggy cuddle and that the blanket lifts soon. I know you know it will in time,but we all still care!!

Thanks Jane
I have been trying to think of things I can be grateful for
I did this when I was on WW and my mood was low - it really seemed to help and it was even more fun when people added their own things

today I am grateful for my dogs - they always seem to know my mood and know when I need that little bit of extra attention

well today I have tried on a pair of jeans and they are far too tight
I bought them a month ago and then I did get into them so very upset
today
due on early next week so it could be that

so I have on other jeans - I have just received a cheque for over £150 - I will pay that in and go shoe shopping :):)

I have had muesli banana and yog for breakfast
having muesli has used one healthy B
I will be making a huge spag bol today - somehow I know my DD will be round - I am sure she has a sixth sense for me cooking and comes to see what might be able to reside in her freezer

right off to start spagbol and see what the rest of the day brings :)

Aw H, stupid jeans !! they will fit in time tho, in fact remember this day when they are hanging off you !! happy shoe shopping-am off to attempt to buy a coat myself ( if they still have it-fingers crossed)
My cat always seems to 'know' too and will come demanding fuss, which always seems to make me feel better-its nice to feel wanted isnt it?

Hope you have a good day

Yes Jane it is lovely to be wanted :):)

well I have been shoe shopping and not a single pair where what I wanted - I want sensible shoes I can walk and stand in all day
not a lot to ask is it
and I want BLACK ones I can get plenty in brown BUT I dont like brown - so still no shoes for me
I have been shopping and couldnt get any mug shots in the flavour I liked and need to look up the ones I did get for syns (bet they are loaded) and I got those oaty bars too so need to find out about them :):)

well not one to gloat but i did get the coat i wanted, even tho Asda was heaving and took me ages to queue to pay for it. we are off out in a bit so am goin to wear it.

what oaty bars did you get ? i love bars like that but have avoided all but the alpen lite cos i thort they would be high

SO glad you got your coat
I have two from last year that will do fine for this year

I am going to take the buttons off and change them on one of the coats

these are the weetabix ones
you can have one as a healthy b or they are 3.5 syns - so I was thinking 2 could equal one healthy B and 1 syn

I have just had dinner - spag bol and I made some soup for tomorrows lunch

I found a bns in the fridge (yuck) I dont like them find them slimey
but I was determined not to waste it and it was either try it as a soup or turn it into worm food

so I cut it into four and spooned out the seeds (they were worm food) sprayed with frylight and popped in the oven to slow roast for an hour
at that time I prepared an onion into dice and peeled and diced a couple of potatoes
I put them with the onion in my wok spayed with frylight and with a couple of cloves of garlic and a teaspoon of garam marsala I gently dry fried

when the bns where done I then peeled them and added them to the wok with 2 oxos and enough water to cover - cooked for half an hour then whizzed with the hand blender
bns is SO much nicer as a soup

I still wish I had bought some shoes - but not much point getting something I dont really like

DH did let me go and look at the per una stuff
found a beautiful long sleeved teeshirt in grey and another in black and a grey long skirt to die for - and he paid for them too

I have again stuck to plan and have been shopping so have plenty of free food in the house for moments of hunger

have decided to have my syns weekly as that will work better for me - going to start with 70 a week and see what happens KNOWING I can have 105 if I need them
mentally I am feeling about the same BUT I see that as very positive I have stopped sliding down :):)

so glad you have stopped sliding and so understand. Am a bit up and down myself at the moment, trying to ride it out and remain positive.

Wore my coat and was very pleased with it, i have a few coats but they are mostly 'warm' practical coats, ideal for the playground but this is a smartish one for going out and just when i want to feel smart,tho i will always be a jeans and tee shirt kinda gal!!

I make bns soup with the long pointy sweet red peppers and a bit of chilli, sweet, spicy and lushious!!

Irene it is two weetabix but these are the weetabix oaty bars - I read it was one for a healthy B or 3.5 syns - so I am thinking two for a healthy B + one syn

anyhow today DH went fishing early and left me asleep with a cat on the bed for company
when I got up I heard crying and thought it was Saffie with her hips hurting (she has arthritis) charged downstairs to find her and Digby curled up asleep on one of the sofas - went back upstairs - the crying started again - I realised I could not find Malika so came back down DH had only shut the poor darling in the graden - there is she with her head through the hole where the cat flap used to be
she must have got stuck trying to get in (when at a friends they have a small dog flap for the terriers to get in - and yes my large hound can manoeuvre herself through it - its like she is double jointed) the cat flap part is in the garden and she is crying
her neck hurts a bit as it was tender when I checked her over
DH has been thoroughly told off via phone and told he needs to get a new one and fit it today - goodness knows where he will get one - might have to send off for it as it goes into our double glazed door - and I so wanted to do Cheltenham today looking for shoes or boots - I am destined to look in the bottom of the wardrobe for shoes from last year - or the year before - I have to admit to about 50 pairs of shoes and more boots - BUT I wanted new ones - now I might just go into a good sulk (my Dad said I could have won medals for my sulks and founces)

right off to find something for breakfast - might prepare my pineapple - thank goodness for a pineapple peeler corer and slicer only takes a minute :):)

will make breakie and be back to check diaries :)

Well tonight brings the last day of my first week
tomorrow is weigh in day

I have used a total of 65 syns this week
I still have five of my 70 left and a few more if I want them
so I will be off to bed shortly - yes I know its early but I have had a headache all day so will go to bed with a book - most likely after warehouse 13

hope I have lost something this week but as it is that time of the month coming up and my first week swapping from WW which is more restrictive I really dont know what to expect

Hi Hon

Just popped in to see how your doing ... hope the headache has gone!

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow ... hope you get a great result!!!

Twigs
xx

Good luck for tomorrow.
On the shoe front..maybe you werent meant to go today and when you do the perfect pair will be waiting for you!!

Maybe i need to look into getting a pineapple mangler!! i love fresh pineapple but i cheat and but it ready prepared but i bet you get loads more for your money!

Back