20 somethings

Good luck Christie :) Moving is such a big step but if it means you'll have better prospects then go for it, you've nothing to lose.

If I even get a permanent job and the company I work for decides to open an office etc in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset etc I'd be the first name on the list :)

I am the same with a stone, always think it's 12lbs even though I know differently

Was it a take away curry clare?

Oh..well like you say tomorrow is a new day and if you're careful with your syns the next few days you should be ok by next WI.

Plus after the length of your day today I can't say I blame you as sometime it's just easier not to cook when you're knackered

I know it will be good for both me and my OH who is from there, i just didnt think it would all happen so fast as i only decided last week to keep an eye out for a job up there within the company and then there was already one available, i dont know how easy it will be for me to be so far away from my family as they all live in wales and i see them once every 2 weeks atm and all my holidays are used visiting my OHs family up in newcastle so it will be weird doing it the other way round but seeing his family everyday and mine only 4/5 times a year :/ i dont know what to do as i will need to apply tomorrow or wait for the next job that comes along

Go for it! Remember, you don't have to take it if you're offered but it's better to have the option and the time to think :)

Ps. I lived in Ireland for a while!

Just put in the application anyway, you can always pull out but who knows when the next time the chance will come up and you don't want to regret not trying

It will be hard not seeing your family as often to begin with but you'll quickly adjust and you can call them as often as you want and there is always Skype (that's how my OH keeps in touch with his family members overseas) plus they can visit you.

Ah Clare, I typed that same response and then your reply popped up. Darn :p

My Grandad is a dubliner so way cooler :p which reminds me i need to call him, make sure he is doing ok. Mum usually calls him but she is away (in Bermuda tomorrow) and he won't call here even if he needs to. His brother hasn't got long left :( I meant to call him the other day.

Hehe my family are from mayo and inlaws from Donegal. Great fun when they played eachother in the GAA final this year.

I lived in Derry though.

I'm a plastic paddy really, I'd love to be Irish! The political history is fascinating. I'm such a geek haha

CH2b said:
I know it will be good for both me and my OH who is from there, i just didnt think it would all happen so fast as i only decided last week to keep an eye out for a job up there within the company and then there was already one available, i dont know how easy it will be for me to be so far away from my family as they all live in wales and i see them once every 2 weeks atm and all my holidays are used visiting my OHs family up in newcastle so it will be weird doing it the other way round but seeing his family everyday and mine only 4/5 times a year :/ i dont know what to do as i will need to apply tomorrow or wait for the next job that comes along

I'd go for it if I were you! You can always say no if you're offered anything. My OH is also from up there and I'm sure he would give anything to move back. I do like it in the north east as its true that everyone is friendlier! It's very cold though haha

when we were up there the other week for a bit we didnt wanna come home so i guess that should mean i should go for it, i suppose they may not even want me so i could be worrying over nothing lol plus i would only take it if they let me start after my sisters wedding in november as i cant risk not being able to make that lol

Lol Clare, my grandparents are each a different nationality which makes rugby fun (english, Irish, Italian, Ukrainian).

I got a message from my mum asking me to call my grandad tomorrow! How did she know my guilt from there!? She also said there was a finch in her cabin and it sat on her finger. But it is dead now (not surprising so far from land) and she has burried it at sea.... My family is now nuts at an international level.

Christie, I hope you get it :)

Franalamadingdong said:
Lol Clare, my grandparents are each a different nationality which makes rugby fun (english, Irish, Italian, Ukrainian).

I got a message from my mum asking me to call my grandad tomorrow! How did she know my guilt from there!? She also said there was a finch in her cabin and it sat on her finger. But it is dead now (not surprising so far from land) and she has burried it at sea.... My family is now nuts at an international level.

Christie, I hope you get it :)

It's a mum thing. They can sense it!

i will ring them first thing in the morning before i start work, hopefully would know pretty fast if they want me or not as they should phone to speak to my manager

Hope you're WI went well Fran, at least if you do gain you know why and you know you can change it by next week. Even when we all hit target we'll still probably all have to think about what we're eating for the rest of our lives so gains will be part of that, oh how I wish I was blessed with the skinny gene :)

Hope the phone call went well to CH, you have nothing at all to lose by asking so it's better than regretting it.

I have had to take today off sick as I am officially ill, good job you can't pass germs over the internet as I'd not wish this on anyone!! Whatever I have is worse than a cold but not as bad as peoper flu though it doesn't feel far off, every part of me aches and nothing seems to make it any better x

Poor you, StarGir1! There are some really nasty lurgies going around at the moment - everyone in my office seems to be ill with various things. I'm trying to sit in my office out of the way of all the germs!

Staying at home and getting some rest is definitely the best thing. Hope you feel better soon. xx

Thanks Hun, I know I caught it at work because my boss's husband had it so I know it came from her as she insisted on coming in with it and we work on a lot together so close contact can't be avoided :( Plus we have an open plan office with air con that passes all the bugs round

I just want it gone by the weekend as I go away next week and don't want to pass it on to anyone and I don't want to be ill for my birthday

Also it's great to see you back on here, I know you've been around as you're doing so well with your losses but we've not see a lot of you on here and it's nice to have you back esp as you have some great ideas and are always happy to share them xx

Aww thanks hun. I've been lurking 'round and about but have been crazy busy so haven't been able to stop by this thread as much as I would have liked. I'm currently stressing massively about not losing this week as we've got a 30th (with a yummy sounding 3 course meal) on Friday night with some of OH's friends who I haven't met before. And I don't want to do the whole "I'm on a diet so I'm not having pudding" thing. I've made good choices for starter and main, and I'm not drinking because I'm driving us home afterwards so I'm hoping the chocolate brownie won't be too killer. But then we're going to see Muse in London on Saturday night. We'll make a day of it and go to Nando's for dinner, because it's SW friendly, but normally we'd have a couple of bottles of wine with dinner and that will royally screw my syns! Will have to see how I feel.

An amazing weekend is worth a STS isn't it? I need to stop stressing myself out over it. At the end of the day, it's not the be all and end all! I think the problem is, I'm 10lbs from target and I had a vision of getting there by Christmas, but now things are starting get in the way - this weekend, a work conference, work Christmas party, work trip to South Africa...and all of it will probably mean I'm not going to get there. I'm only half a stone from the 9s though, so I'm still hopeful I can reach that milestone by then...

Back