40 & losing it.....

bexster71 said:
She's so cute! X

I've struggled a bit today diet wise so just made my version of Eton mess - meringue, strawberries and liberate honey fat free yoghurt. Yummy just did the trick xxx

That sounds good! I love fruit and yogurt, but have never tried it with the meringue. Now my calorie allowance is so low even yogurt is a treat, it's usually just fruit, lol. Mind you, as Sunday is my treat day, I did have half a box of Black Magic earlier, that I've been saving since Christmas! :) xc

How may calories do you have? I got small bite size and had 3 think they was 15cals each so not too bad 4 a treat. I'm a true chocaholic so black magic sounds lush, think the yoghut was 90cals so no too bad for a desert I guess. Today has been the first day I've really craved something naughty but me and my oh not speaking (well I'm not talking to him) just having an off couple of days I hope but I've not eaten anything bad at all so that's a huge step for me I'm a real emotional eater x

I aim for around 1,400 most days, with a treat at the weekend, usually on a Sunday. That roughly maintains my weight where it is. :) xx

I'm only managing about 1300-1400, keep trying to up it so I have somewhere to go when I stop loosing but I struggle to eat enough, most days I'm not hungry. I don't know if that's the tablets or my mindset! I'm hoping I have a better day mindset wise than yesterday, got a week off work this week and not much planned so this will be a real test x x

Yes, definitely try to keep the calories up, as ypu say you need somewhere to go. If I'd started out too low I'd have to be starving myself by now, lol. As it is I can probably eat around 1,400-1,500 for the rest of my life to maintain, which I can live with! :) xx

Last edited:
Yes but you're still losing! Don't think we don't notice lol!! X

bexster71 said:
Yes but you're still losing! Don't think we don't notice lol!! X

Lol, but it's tiny if anything most weeks. I first broke just under 11 stone on Good Friday, and over two months later am about 2lbs less, so more maintaining than losing, for sure. In my mind, I kind of have an ultimate target of 10.5 stone, as that puts me about halfway down the "healthy" BMI band, but I'm in no hurry and am not going to formally change my target weight. Plus I'm having four days off plan from this Saturday, as an indulgent birthday treat, so my weight will shoot up for a while!! :D xx

Will let you off then lol! Ohhhh have a great birthday!!!

I was 40 this year and really wanted to get my weight under control before then but I'm on it now so fingers crossed x

bexster71 said:
Will let you off then lol! Ohhhh have a great birthday!!!

I was 40 this year and really wanted to get my weight under control before then but I'm on it now so fingers crossed x

Thanks, hon! I'm 52 on the 8th - the only small consolation in that is that it brings me marginally closer to retirement, lol. :D My 50th birthday was one of the reasons I finally knuckled down to weight loss - I started just after my 49th, so had made a pretty good in-road by the time I turned 50! Funny what gives us that boot up the bum, isn't it?! Age is definitely a common one. :) xx

You look amazing Tracy, retirement sooooo far away and they keep upping the age I will probably have to work unil I'm 90 at this rate lol! In the last year at work I have taken on a huge amount. It's great though I love it. Didn't have much choice though our accountant didn't turn up for work one morning and he lived on his own so we went to check he was ok and he just disappeared two years later and no one has heard or found him. So sad he was ace (omg a haven't said ace since I was like 10 lol )!!! xxx

Thank you! I know what you mean about retirement - I think it's 67 for me, but scarily that's only 15 years, lol. What is is you do? :) xx

That's great 15 years will fly by! Work in accounts and just taken on the vat for 3 companies and management reports etc, we have also just gone fully computerized (it was like dragging them from 1800 lol ) I'm really enjoying it though been a good challenge for me x

bexster71 said:
That's great 15 years will fly by! Work in accounts and just taken on the vat for 3 companies and management reports etc, we have also just gone fully computerized (it was like dragging them from 1800 lol ) I'm really enjoying it though been a good challenge for me x

Brilliant, I'm an accountant too, much to my constant surprise, lol. Went into it on a whim after I graduated in 1985 (with an English degree), and have been doing it ever since! We're just coming to the end of our round of year end audits for the various parts of the business - I started out as an auditor with KPMG, so I've seen it from both sides of the coin, lol. :) xx

I would love to study to be an accountant but I'm so not clever enough. Having said that I did a aat online test to see where I would have to start that and it recommended I start at level 3 but I just can't afford it right now, would love to though. Strange because I hated math at school lol! X

bexster71 said:
I would love to study to be an accountant but I'm so not clever enough. Having said that I did a aat online test to see where I would have to start that and it recommended I start at level 3 but I just can't afford it right now, would love to though. Strange because I hated math at school lol! X

Oh you could definitely do it! AAT's a great one to go for. I was awful at maths at school, totally hopeless, which is why it was such an unlikely career for me, lol, but it really doesn't matter. I started out as a graduate trainee doing Chartered accountancy, but ill health meant I stopped part way through. Then I didn't study for years, until being threatened with redundancy and deciding to start doing an ACCA qualification. I finally qualified in 2010, at the age of 47, so it's never too late! :) xx

Wow that's great gives me hope! I work at a builders merchants at the minute I really enjoy the new path I've taken with them but I just feel I need more. I had worked for a farming family in accounts for 21 years and the owner became ill so sold off various parts of the business and who bought it didn't have a clue and eventually ceased trading (owing me nearly £10000) can't believe companies can do that but they had no assets so no one would make them insolvent so we couldn't get our money. Madness. Within 6 months I lost my mum to cancer (brain tumor) well it was pneumonia that took her then lost my job. Was very lucky and got 2 offers within 4 weeks (only had 2 interviews) so I'm only on my 2nd job. Anyway my life story out the way I really need to look into it more but would have to fund the exams myself and it's sooooooooo expensive x

Brilliant, I'm an accountant too, much to my constant surprise, lol. Went into it on a whim after I graduated in 1985 (with an English degree), and have been doing it ever since! We're just coming to the end of our round of year end audits for the various parts of the business - I started out as an auditor with KPMG, so I've seen it from both sides of the coin, lol. :) xx

Ooh my baby sister works for KPMG! She's on the graduate scheme as a quantity surveyor or something like that (all well above my intellect)

Lexie2005 said:
Ooh my baby sister works for KPMG! She's on the graduate scheme as a quantity surveyor or something like that (all well above my intellect)

Wow, that's great - I didn't realise they employed surveyors now as well! My nephew is a QS, and my sister was a chartered surveyor before she had the boys. :) xx

bexster71 said:
Wow that's great gives me hope! I work at a builders merchants at the minute I really enjoy the new path I've taken with them but I just feel I need more. I had worked for a farming family in accounts for 21 years and the owner became ill so sold off various parts of the business and who bought it didn't have a clue and eventually ceased trading (owing me nearly £10000) can't believe companies can do that but they had no assets so no one would make them insolvent so we couldn't get our money. Madness. Within 6 months I lost my mum to cancer (brain tumor) well it was pneumonia that took her then lost my job. Was very lucky and got 2 offers within 4 weeks (only had 2 interviews) so I'm only on my 2nd job. Anyway my life story out the way I really need to look into it more but would have to fund the exams myself and it's sooooooooo expensive x

Oh hon, that's terrible. It really is bad how people can just walk away from businesses like that owing their employees thousands, and to lose your Mum at the same time must have been awful. I'm glad you managed to find a new job you're happy in. I was made redundant from both KPMG and also my next employer, who I was with for 18 years, but now I'm in a job I like more than either of those, so things worked out ok. :) xx

I've put 3lbs on! 3lbs I don't even know how? Is this worth it? I've stuck to the rules, had approx 1500 cals per day. I'm so shocked, do I lower my calories again was on 1300 but upped them so I had somewhere to go. I really don't know if it's worth it I've been off work for a week but been so proud of myself diet wise x

Back