Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Thanks Ginlin :) ... I'm already at the bottom end of my target range lol (I had 1.5lbs to target and lost 4.5 at WI last week - go figure).

I tend to be a bit of a stickler and never come off plan - partly because I find now that there are so many things I can no longer eat as they make me feel ill :( and partly because the 'bad' stuff just doesn't taste good to me anymore. While I was losing weight I never had a week where I gained (and only 1 week where I stayed the same), so I know that what I'm used to eating is highly unlikely to keep me stable weight wise, but it's knowing how MUCH to add (and feeling comfortable doing it!).

I'm thinking I'm going to just stick with my 'normal' eating (I do Red days), plus a bit of extra fruit/yoghurt etc, this week and see how I go, then from next week go with a food diary, myfitnessapp and a few weeks of experimenting SW stylee, measuring and weighing until I can work out how many calories I roughly need to maintain. Once I've done that then I should be able to stick to SW while keeping a weather eye on calories (which is more or less what I've been doing anyway while losing).

I'm planning on still going to WI weekly as it keeps me focused - I'm not that worried about having to pay if I go out of target range, but as a lifelong compulsive overeater I feel like I need the 'reminder' of group to stop me sliding back into bad habits if that makes sense? :)

Does that sound like a good plan? This is nerve wracking!! :(

Yes all makes sense & I agree it is nerve racking, there is nowhere else to go now, nothing to aim for and for me it all seemed a bit daunting.

I do as Ginlin does, I also go to group as often as I can, whilst getting to target I saw far too many get to target only to return when they'd gained and needed to get back to target!!!!

Thanks Ginlin :) ... I'm already at the bottom end of my target range lol (I had 1.5lbs to target and lost 4.5 at WI last week - go figure).

I tend to be a bit of a stickler and never come off plan - partly because I find now that there are so many things I can no longer eat as they make me feel ill :( and partly because the 'bad' stuff just doesn't taste good to me anymore. While I was losing weight I never had a week where I gained (and only 1 week where I stayed the same), so I know that what I'm used to eating is highly unlikely to keep me stable weight wise, but it's knowing how MUCH to add (and feeling comfortable doing it!).

I'm thinking I'm going to just stick with my 'normal' eating (I do Red days), plus a bit of extra fruit/yoghurt etc, this week and see how I go, then from next week go with a food diary, myfitnessapp and a few weeks of experimenting SW stylee, measuring and weighing until I can work out how many calories I roughly need to maintain. Once I've done that then I should be able to stick to SW while keeping a weather eye on calories (which is more or less what I've been doing anyway while losing).

I'm planning on still going to WI weekly as it keeps me focused - I'm not that worried about having to pay if I go out of target range, but as a lifelong compulsive overeater I feel like I need the 'reminder' of group to stop me sliding back into bad habits if that makes sense? :)

Does that sound like a good plan? This is nerve wracking!! :(

Definitely sounds like a good plan to me! X

Last edited:
Can I join please?

Hit target tonight so 3 stone 5lbs down. I'm very pear-shaped so am happy with being a size 10-12 top and 12-24 bottom. I don't want to lose any more from "up top" (if you know what I mean!) so now have to learn to maintain :)

Agree!
Well done on reaching target I think everyone finds different ways to maintain just find what works for you that's why we have a bit of wiggle room

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I recently celebrated my 3 year targetversary....Id always been someone who kept losing and going under target...but in the past 6months I've had the total opposite problem, I can't lose to save my life!! as someone who (sometimes smuggly!) found it easy to get a loss (just followed plan...lose 1-2pounds guaranteed) I'm now in a bit of a panic! Worst thing is I havent noticably changed anything...I haven't started increasing my syns, or going off plan...I'm now following 100% and still it ain't shifting! I have added a new exercise into my weekly routine (pole dancing HAH) so it could be I'm getting increased muscle (I also do bootcamp and rugby...but have for over a year) and that might be something to do with it, but I've been doing it for a few months now so you think it would have settled down. I think I might need to start running more to burn the fat......

Sigh. Don't like teetering on edge of target/going over!!!

I recently celebrated my 3 year targetversary....Id always been someone who kept losing and going under target...but in the past 6months I've had the total opposite problem, I can't lose to save my life!! as someone who (sometimes smuggly!) found it easy to get a loss (just followed plan...lose 1-2pounds guaranteed) I'm now in a bit of a panic! Worst thing is I havent noticably changed anything...I haven't started increasing my syns, or going off plan...I'm now following 100% and still it ain't shifting! I have added a new exercise into my weekly routine (pole dancing HAH) so it could be I'm getting increased muscle (I also do bootcamp and rugby...but have for over a year) and that might be something to do with it, but I've been doing it for a few months now so you think it would have settled down. I think I might need to start running more to burn the fat......

Sigh. Don't like teetering on edge of target/going over!!!

Ditto!

I went over Target over Christmas and the new year, after maintaining for three and a half years, and can't shift the gain for love nor money (pun intended, as I have been paying since then), despite, like yourself, not changing anything!

Albeit, I am maintaining, as haven't gained anymore, but would prefer to be back in Target!

Its strange isnt it?! Maybe its karma catching up with me for all those 'well I dont know HOW I still lost weight after what I've eaten/drank this week...' moments!

Not sure what else to do other than keep mixing up my recipes and speed foods and watch the portion sizes. Though on my way to target I enjoyed hefty portions all the way!

I've been trying to up my speed foods, as I normally do red days with the occassional extra easy, so hoping this will help.

Blimey.....lost 5 and a half!!!! The tactical morning weigh in did help (normally weigh on an evenign) but still!! ONly thing I've really changed is I used to do a lot of green days as dont eat much meat...I just switched to one a and one b choice even if a meat free day, dont know if thats had anything to do with it. made sure I had at least 5 syns every day. been away at my friends for the weekend and her mum does SW so shes very understanding of our ways haha, had plain tuna salad with no dressing when out shopping, cooked her diet coke chicken for tea (which she LOVED), had a few choccy biccies (20syn but counted!) and then for lunch the next day she made a syn free rataouille....so nice when your hostess accomodates the plan!!!

Lets just hope I don't go crazy and put it all back on next week when I get weighed at normal time haha!

I never did when I was losing!!! I think must have been a bit of water retention of something going on the previous week!!

Any target members out there trying to maintain?
I reached target in June and so far doing ok maintaining but as Christmas approaches it seems to be becoming more tricky.

I got to target October 9th and I've fluctuated up/down by 2lb ish since then, which I'm ok with.

I eat on plan Mon-Fri and then have a few more treats over the weekend.

It's a tightrope, I know if I take my eye off the ball I will start gaining weight.

Just looking about to see who is here...amazing work...I'm not there yet but am inspired!

Anyone who wants a read on this subject could try 'refuse to regain' by Barbara Berkeley I got my copy from a usual online bookseller, I tend to dip in and read a few pages or chapter when I'm struggling for motivation. It does refer to a paleo diet a lot but IMO I don't think SW is a million miles from that ethos in respect that you are encouraged to make your own meals from scratch as much as poss.
Does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations on how they keeping the willpower/motivation going?

Any target members still around? I've been at target three weeks now and am enjoying it, though feeling a bit anxious about staying in range! Still going to group every week, & suspect I will for the foreseeable, as I know how easy it is to go off track!

Back