FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Heather - big ((( HUGS ))) hun, I don't know what to say.

I'm afraid this has not happened to me, yet, although I'm sure it will at some stage.

I suspect there are an awful lot of complex things going on in your brain that are linking together all the things that are happening which are saying things along the lines of "WTF - I don't care."

I'm sure there are some people who read you diary and go to class, who have seen this before, that will be able to come up with some sort of explanation but I'm afraid you have me well and truly stumped.

I am so sorry to hear about your mum. There seems to be so many people around on Minis that are facing this.

PM if you just want to chat. I'll be around until about midnight UK - then I'm going to try and have an early night (very little sleep last night!).

Bev xx :hug99:

Ooh LilSos, you talk such sense (what I need)!!! Those really are such wise words!! Even since I wrote my rant I have polished off a small box of Mikados and then was tucking into the second half of a tub of Tesco Chocolatino ice-cream (totally lost control- scarey stuff!!), my hubby sensed I was up to something, came into the kitchen, I ran away up the stairs and he followed me into the bedroom and caught me!!! I promptly burst into tears- he didn't really know what to make of the display! He laughed and told me I was cute!!! After this outburst I feel I have got whatever it was out of my system (partly a bit pre-menstrual I think, as it's a bit strange to act so weirdly then burst into tears when caught! I'm not even normally like that!!) And you know what? All has become clear and I've made the decision to stick 100% to plan from tomorrow morning, throughout my 2 night shifts, all through Center Parcs Fri-Mon, through the family events (Dai's family) here in Swansea Mon-Wed, and throughout my family/Anniversary time in Devon Wed-Sat next week!! I know I'll feel fantastic being on-plan! I think I need to be in control at the moment as you say!! It may help me cope with the things going on around me that I can't control!! By doing this I will also prove to myself that it can be done!! If I slip up/exceed my syns a bit some days then so what, at least I'll still be in control rather than the self-destructive way I've carried on over the past 24 hours!! NO MORE!!! Thank you for helping me to wake up!!XXX

Last edited:
Thanks Bev! I must admit I am quite a compulsive person and most of the time I'm pretty good at keeping the negative aspects of my personality at bay! Infact it's this very trait that helps me at times to be blinkin' brilliant at sticking to plan, but I really need to settle somewhere in the middle for a healthier state of mind! Luckily over the past 20 months of doing SW there have only been half a dozen bouts of such reckless behaviour on the food front so really I've done OK!! I think hormones, emotions and being thrown by knowing I've got a holiday week coming up involving lots of festivities have all contributed to the 'meltdown'! Your support is much appreciated and as far as I'm concerned I'm already over it!! Looking forward to getting the control back as of NOW!! Thank you XXX

Good luck for your new start today Hevs.

I think you are going through very similar to what i have just pulled out of.

1. The 6 month itch - I seem to go terribly off track every 6 months. Like my body is saying enough is enough, I want crap and i dont care!

2. You have a lot on you mind with your mum atm, I am the same with my Gma. Her radium is next week and the plan isnt at the front of your mind, it's at the back of your mind though - enough to give the guilts but not enough to stop you!!

3. You are so close to target that your mind starts to relax, you are starting to feel a lot more comfortable with the way you look and so it isnt so much of a disgusted look in the mirror which spurs you on to get losses, it is harder when you are just aiming to get off that little bit more!!

Dont worry tho, i think if you know what is causing it you will know how to get back on it - and by the sounds of things you already are on your way!! Please just dont leave it a couple of months like me!! It took me AGES to get off the last stone and now i have 9.5 to lose again!!

A couple of binges are easily rectified, 100% the rest of the week to minimise any gain and then only next week 100% will get you right back on track

Good luck hunibun - you CAN do it!! xx

Hi Chica - How are you today?

Hi you crazy cats!! Aww thanks for all the messages of support! I'm feeling great this morning! Very positive and determined and I'm going to stick by my pledge to stay on plan through all the festivities leading up to next WI on Mon 18th! No reason why I can't even if I'm less than perfect- a STS or a very small gain wouldn't be a disaster- a 3lb or more gain would be a bummer!! Thanks yall! It's down to you chappesses that I have seen sense before too much damage was done!! Pesty you're right on all the points you made! You understand totally! XxxX

Go Heather!!!! Go!!! You can be 100% - its all about making the right choice.

Dont be weak - be strong and you will get through this.

ps. NO COSMO!!!! lol xxx

OK, so 2 days shockingly off-plan!!! and now raring to go, right up until next WI on 18th July!! Here goes..

Week 90- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Night shift 7.30pm-8am.

No breakfast (had a long lie in in preparation for night shift).

Lunch- 2 Quorn sizzling burgers (2 syns) with Asda hot & spicy stirfry veg pack. Sweet chilli sauce (1 syn). A cherry Mullerlight.

Tea before work- 28g porridge (HEXb) with 50 ml skimmed milk (1/7 HEXa) and water. With sliced banana and blueberries.

Work break- Slow cooked beef stew- made the other day (1 syn for red wine) with Smash potato. Strawberries and cherries. A summer berries Mullerlight.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Gald to see you back with the postive and determined attitude that we know and love you for. Hope th night shift isn't too tricky and there are no nibbles from grateful patients to distract you!

Speak tomorrow.

Just to add to her diary, she is off to CP and wont be on Minis much over the weekend! She sounds very focused though - so i am sure she will miss us loads x

Back