FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

You can do it Heather, I have every faith in you.

I'd like to drop another dress size before the end of summer but after my chaotic blip I may not make it. It is my nest target regardless.

And you can do that Melissa!! Of course you can! You can lose a stone by September with your brilliant track record!! The blip you had, although frightening how quickly the lbs can go back on, is easy reversed!! You'll be surprised how quickly they can come off too if you're focused!! I predict a really good loss for you this week as you seem to be right back in 'the zone'!!!X

You were right Heather I had a decent loss this week. Hope it continues!

Yayy!! Brilliant result!! Over half of it GONE!! I have always believed in the 'easy on, easy off' school of thought!! Not to say you have had an 'easy' week- I'm sure you have worked very hard for that loss, but from experience it doesn't usually take all that long to get rid of a big gain that's gone on quickly as long as I have been mega focused!...I live in hope for next week!!!X

Week 91- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Was working night shift but work have phoned for me to work a long day Fri instead!! .

Long lie-in in preparation for night shift (that now isn't happening!!)

Brunch- 2 Tesco meat-free burgers (2 syns). A raspberry & cranberry Mullerlight. A nectarine.

Mid afternoon- 2 Weetabix (HEXb) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa) and sliced banana. DH brought me a slice of white toast with (he claims) a thin sliver of butter and honey! Thought he was being kind (he doesn't understand lol!!!) I ate half of this! Rather restrained I thought! (5 syns!)

Tea- Baked sweet potato with Asda Coronation cottage cheese served with salad (mixed leaves, green pepper, tomato, cucumber, red chilli, balsamic vinegar). 1 more Tescos meat free burger (1 syn- liking these at the moment as filling and yummy!)

Skimmed milk in 2 cups of tea (part HEXa).

Late in evening- snacked on some beef that I had been slow cooking for dh! All lean and only a small helping!

Total syns 8.

Last edited:
Week 91- Day 3 (Thurs)- Green Day- Day off.

Breakfast- A nectarine. Bit of a dodgy tummy this morning! Don't know why!

Lunch- 2 Tesco meat-free burgers (2 syns) with lots of stirfried vegetables with a bit of balsamic!

Went to see Bridesmaids for the 2nd time!! Then for food in Wetherspoons. I had the 5 bean chilli with yellow basmati rice and tortilla chips (4.5 syns) and then fruit salad (banana, grapes and apple with low fat yogurt- allowing 3 syns for yogurt).

At home- Mint Crunch HIFI bar (HEXb)

Milk in 3 cups of tea (part HEXa).

Didn't use all my HEXs today, partly because I didn't realise it was a green day until tonight when I realised I haven't actually eaten meat or fish!

Total syns 9.5.

Last edited:
Yayy!! Brilliant result!! Over half of it GONE!! I have always believed in the 'easy on, easy off' school of thought!! Not to say you have had an 'easy' week- I'm sure you have worked very hard for that loss, but from experience it doesn't usually take all that long to get rid of a big gain that's gone on quickly as long as I have been mega focused!...I live in hope for next week!!!X

I hope it will shift fast for you too. You deserve it x

What are the Tesco meat-free burgers like Heather, are they nice?

Red Riding Hood said:
I hope it will shift fast for you too. You deserve it x

What are the Tesco meat-free burgers like Heather, are they nice?

I like them as they're quite robust like a proper burger! I prefer them to the Quorn burgers- they're made from soya protein! At 1 syn each I find them quite good and they're versatile! I have no qualms about having them with breakfast, later on with stirfried veg, or as quick snack! What I haven't done yet is had them in an actual burger lol! X

I would like to see Bridesmaids, is it good? x

Week 91- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 3 egg smoked salmon omelette.

Work break 1- Nectarine, strawberries and cherries. A cherry Activia fat free Snackpot.

Work break 2- Sainsburys California rolls sushi pack (4.5 syns). Chicken & mushroom couscous Mugshot (2 syns).

Work break 3- Sainsburys veg curry and basmati rice (1 syn). Stirfried vegetables cooked at home. A Granny Smith apple.

1 small Thorntons choc coated toffee (2.5 syns).
Semi skimmed milk in 2 cups of tea (part HEXa).

At home- Mint Crunch HIFI bar (HEXb).

Total syns 10.

Last edited:
Week 91- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 3 egg smoked salmon omelette.

Work break- Lunchtime- Jacket potato with Asda apple & pear cottage cheese. Strawberries, raspberries, cherries and nectarine.

1 M&S Viennese thin biscuit (2.5 syns).

Wholewheat fusilli pasta with vegetables (from stirfry pack with added chopped mushrooms, red onion and red chilli), broken up WW sausages (2= 1 syn), sherry vinegar. A Mint Crunch HIFI bar (HEXb). A Granny Smith apple.

1/2 a Cadbury Flake Allure bar (4 syns)! Gave other 1/2 to dh!! Not many people would do that! I feel very generous and very saintly!!!

Semi-skimmed milk in several cups of tea (HEXa).

Total syns 7.5.

Last edited:
Week 91- Day 6 (Sun)- Green day- Day off.

Breakfast- 28g Shredded Wheat Bitesize (HEXb) with sliced banana and 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

Lunch- A small jacket potato with 1 Laughing Cow Light triangle (1/5 HEXa), stirfried veg with red chilli (dash of balsamic vinegar he cooking) and a Frylighted egg.

Tea- Ate in Jamie's Italian in Cardiff before seeing Anthony Hopkins and orchestra in St David's Hall! So I was very good! I had a veg 'plank' to start, a selection of marinated veg, pickles, small bruschetta, small bit of mozzarella all laid out on a plank raised up on 2 tins of tomatoes! Novel lol! I then had black squid ink spaghetti with scallops! For a main meal this was a small portion but afterwards I realised it was more than enough food after the starter! Note to self...must cut down on pasta portion sizes in future! I had a very small bit of bread and followed with a latte (full fat) instead of a pudding! So all in all I think 20 syns should cover any oils used in things, any cheese that has sent me over the HEXa allowance, the bit of bread and bruscetta and the bite of my friend's choc muffin I had in 'The Muffin Co' after the show! (note I did not have one!!) Calling today a green day means that I'm going to call the scallops my second HEXb, and the milk in the small latte a second HEXa choice!
Estimated syns 20

Last edited:
Heather, are you trying to get to target in one week? Your food looks really good and should mean you have a good loss this week. 5 perfect days puts me to shame! :jelous:

So be nice to me and have a bad day at Jamie Olivers! :D

Heather, are you trying to get to target in one week? Your food looks really good and should mean you have a good loss this week. 5 perfect days puts me to shame! :jelous:

So be nice to me and have a bad day at Jamie Olivers! :D

Haha I like it!! As if I would jeopardise my perfect week with a slip-up on the last day.... (watch this space!!!) Well I really am hoping for a good loss on Monday but I'm now worried I've overdone it on the carb front! I have had rather a lot of pasta and rice over the last few days!! I mean yesterday for instance I had sushi AND a couscous Mugshot for lunch! Thinking about it that's a severe case of overcarb!!

Your diary is looking spotless Heather, well done!! I particularly love your lunch on saturday. Don't worry too much about Jamie's Italian, there are a lot of syn friendly choices on the menu! Even their posh chips are made in the oven! The baked fish in a bag with cracked wheat is very syn friendly.

As for having too many carbs, a good tip is, besides healthy extras and syns, have only one carby meal a day. For the other meal you can have animal protein, pulses and lentils, eggs etc with lots of salady veg! That always guarantees a loss for me so I try to stick to that rule :D

Last edited:
Thanks Honey! Good tip on the carb reduction! Makes sense, so ill try that! Well Jamie's was delicious! I opted for the vegetable antipasti plank to start, followed by the black squid ink spaghetti with scallops, which was a disappointingly small portion but once I'd eaten it I realised it was plenty, especially after the starter! A reminder that eyes can be bigger than belly!! Had only a tiny bit of bread and a latte instead of a pudding!! So all told i was very pleased with myself!

Afterwards we went to St Davids Hall to see Anthony Hopkins and the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra! He came on stage and spoke for a while about Wales and his life and music! Turns out he's a very talented composer and they played his own stuff and also from films he's been in such as The Remains of the Day and Shadowlands! What's more, he was sitting just 4 rows infront of us and I was staring at his bald head in wonderment!! Had a lovely evening! X

Last edited:
Claireybella said:
Hello! Just thought I'd pop on and show my face! Bridesmaids is fab, as is Harry Potter, which I saw today!:)

Hey Clairey! Long time no chat!! Hope all ok with you hon and you're back on track post Disney! Both films were great weren't they! Thoroughly enjoyed! X

Back