JoanneM's Diary - over 8 stone gone!

Doing good thanks Colly. Think I may finally be in the right place to get the rest of this weight off. Im even seriously considering not weighing every day which is unheard of for me.

go you! i wish i could stop weighing every day, i do try but it just keeps my mind at rest if i weigh daily. you feeling positive about atkins then? x

It didnt work brilliantly for me last time but I was still losing on it. I think its more the fact that Ive developed a new appreciation of food these days and Im feeling full after meals and the like which hasnt happened in a while.

its a good feeling isnt it? today i've had some ham and chicken and i'm stuffed, when i was at my biggest i could honestly have eaten meals for 4 people and been hungry again a few hours later...

It is good how your body adjusts to smaller portions even though you dont realise its happening. Who needs a gastric band?

my boss at work had one and lost 14 stone in 10 months, i'm jealous, so me!! haha. x

I would be jealous of that as well. But we're getting there and think how much proud we will be to be able to say we did it all on our own.

too right joanne...

my auntie is the same height/build as me and got a gastric band about 2yrs ago @ 23st. she lost 5/6 stone, but has put on 2/3 despite the fact she can't eat much. she doesn't eat that badly either, mainly soups etc...i think her metabolism is ruined and her body just clings onto everything, it's a shame. i'd be gutted if 2 years after my operation i was gaining weight and never got to see the slim body i dreamed of :( x

Me too. Ive spent so many years losing some of the weight and then not noticing it creeping back on again. Thats why Im determined this time to get to where I want to be coz that way Ill see it going back on and fight it every inch of the way. Thats the plan anyway.

they say when you get to target you should have a pair of really good slim fitting jeans and try them on weekly. i guess that way of they started straining a bit you'd be able to catch it before it went too far! i went from 13st to 21st trying to lose weight...how stupid does that sound :D

absolutely.

also, how fab is it on here to chat away and pass the day? it really more than once has stopped me from binging as sad as that sounds...

Yip Im the same. I havent moved from the laptop all day. I needed a lazy day of doing nothing though coz Ive been madly busy since I finished work last week and have plans all next week as well.

ditto...i went to college this morning and did eleven screenprints in 2.5 hours e.g finished the unit so was allowed home early, i had great plans of doing housework but those developed into a long soak in the bath then slobbing out on the sofa with the laptop ;)

Sometimes these things just have to be done. I have extra children staying over all weekend so Ill be running about after them all weekend so thought Id make the most of it while I could.

think of the calories burned when the urge to kill begins to rise ;)

also i'm working sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday. plus college on 3 days. i bet i have a great loss next week cause i wont have time to eat :eek:

Good grief you are a glutton for punishment! Still just think of the money. Im feeling poor already and I only finished up last week. Just the thought of going back to being skint is killing me.

but you'll be happier if you didn't enjoy the job so it evens out somewhere along the line. is there anything else on the horizon? and i got paid today and have spent 4/5 of it already... i hate bills! x

They are a necessary evil unfortunately. Ive applied for a few things and Santander asked me to phone them to arrange a telephone interview but I dont know if Im going to coz I dont really fancy working in a bank. I have 2 weeks to decide though.

Back