Marathon Training

never give up on that dream timing! im aiming for 5 hours or less, if i maintain speed at 9.47 mins per mile ill do the full in 4hrs 13. doubt ill maintain that speed, a half maybe but a full isnt gonna be easy.
nervous about it already

I guess in 2 months or so we will have a better idea of what it realistic. End of the day there will always be another marathon if we wanted go beat our times. I think under 5 hours is something to be very very proud of

I guess in 2 months or so we will have a better idea of what it realistic. End of the day there will always be another marathon if we wanted go beat our times. I think under 5 hours is something to be very very proud of

if im honest ill just be proud to finish it. judging by how much pain i was in during my half marathon it will be alot worse. started getting bad hip and back pains at mile 8!

the preston guild marathon was a huge sucess, hope it becomes a regular thing. if it does.... marathon every year.
mainly nervous thinking ill be the only marathon newbie, thinking others will be expert runners, that ill be last to finish or cant finish at all.

might have a browse at new music to run too.... a bit of take that i reckon!
my run playlist is very cheesy, 80's pop. the occasional fast dance track but i dont want to speed up to them songs.

wll its about 4/5 weeks until my half marathon in feb, not nervous about that one but a little worried about how strong the wind is that day. blackpools known for its windyness and im running along the coast. wind hell.

might have a browse at new music to run too.... a bit of take that i reckon!
my run playlist is very cheesy, 80's pop. the occasional fast dance track but i dont want to speed up to them songs.

wll its about 4/5 weeks until my half marathon in feb, not nervous about that one but a little worried about how strong the wind is that day. blackpools known for its windyness and im running along the coast. wind hell.

I like a mix of songs when running, some fast ones for a bit of a spurt and slower ones so i can also recover, it is funny how without thinking you go with the music though.

goid luck im sure you'll be fine for the half, at least you know its going to be windy so can prepare mentally.

i cant decide whether to do my training inside or not, we have snow and ice here and im not comfortable driving the country roads in it, also feel like im coming down with a cold so dont want to encourage it by going out and getting too cold. :/

cant wait to sign up to more runs so i have more to aim for

Thick snow here today, so no outdoor run for me in the morning :-( I'll have to hit the treadmill tomorrow night.

Girls Posting this in here and in the 'no alcohol for January thread' that I am doing - Anyone suffering with any headaches??? Ive had one since sun, getting me down now! The only 2 things that I am doing differently is a run outdoors on sat and no alcohol since NYears....

Any thoughts?? Couldn't run on the treadmill last night because of it :-(

The cold gives me a headache too.. But it's gone once I warmed up... Are you drinking enough water?

It could be not drinking enough water, just keep an eye on it and see if you can figure out any triggers.

I did my training inside today, 30 minutes crosstrainer, 10 minute run, 10 minutes running up and down the stairs (should have been a hill but I didn't want to go out) and 10 minutes alternating slow running, medium running and running as fast as I can.... feel great now :D

Ok so I'm going to see if I can self diagnose so today I am going to have more water and less caffeine. See if thats helps?!?!?!

Had to go to the docs in the end, I hate going but I'm glad I did. As I've had a cough for about 3 months and the explanation if how they started after a run he decided its probably inflamed sinuses so I'm on 7 days of antibiotics, I hope they work quick sharp as this head us seriously getting me down!

Good that you went. Get it out the way now and we can all be strong for the months ahead!

too slippy for me to run today, so i did a treadmill run instead.
actually hate them. my feet are sore now, and feet bled again beuase of it. only happens on the treadmill, outdoors i hav no issues, that bloody treadmill will have me with no toe nails!

too slippy for me to run today, so i did a treadmill run instead.
actually hate them. my feet are sore now, and feet bled again beuase of it. only happens on the treadmill, outdoors i hav no issues, that bloody treadmill will have me with no toe nails!

How strange that it only happens on the treadmill?! I hate them too, I feel that I get more of an up and down motion with treadmills which makes me feel sick! Roll on nicer weather! Thick snow past here today so no running for me.

I don't have a treadmill so when I run indoors I run either up and down my room or in the hall, yeah its a bit boring and I have to do my run based on time rather then on distance but I find its okay and don't have any health problems from it. Might see if I can borrow my mums treadmill sometimes when I can't make a run outside (only problem is if I can make it to her house I can probably just run outside lol)

How strange that it only happens on the treadmill?! I hate them too, I feel that I get more of an up and down motion with treadmills which makes me feel sick! Roll on nicer weather! Thick snow past here today so no running for me.

used to thnik it was my trainers originally, but no.... soon as i ran outside no foot pain at all. hope this ice goes, im hating this treadmill running.
not even fussed about nice weather, just non icy weather!

I'm actually dreading ''nice'' weather, I don't want the ice either but I overheat when running really easily. So if its really hot then I will struggle, but need to get used to it

I'm actually dreading ''nice'' weather, I don't want the ice either but I overheat when running really easily. So if its really hot then I will struggle, but need to get used to it

We need something in between - no ice but no hotness either!

yes, agree.
slippy ice is as bad as heat waves for running! one of the race for life runs was on a heat wave day, it was awful. prefered running in the pouring rain and cold for a half marathon. might have been frozen afterwards and couldnt get warm all day despite hot baths and loads of layers, but better than dehydration.

due to run 3 miles tommorow according to my training programme, that will be ok as long as its not icy out. its saturday im worried about, due to snow and be very windy. cant run 12 miles on the treadmill, my toe nails cant handle the pounding of the treadmill!

signed up for another half marathon in fleetwood.
is a week before my september half too, so two half marathons a week apart from each other. challenge accepted.

signed up for another half marathon in fleetwood.
is a week before my september half too, so two half marathons a week apart from each other. challenge accepted.

That's amazing Gina!

I managed 3.2 miles on the treadmill tonight, and then half an hour on the cross trainer. Its too icy to run here, and looks like it won't get any better until next week, given the hideous weather forecast for Friday and Saturday. Means I'm going to have to try for a 7-8 mile run on the treadmill on Saturday which I am dreading. Its just so boring, and I can't watch the TV in front of me as it makes me feel even more sick. Go away ice!

Back