MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Update: DS submitted his paper online at 11:58 p.m. -- it was due by 11:59! And, I wonder why my hair is going grayer by the day! UGH!

Last edited:
Morning Mel mmmm BBQ food is the best isn't lol.. Let's hope the weather keeps up for you. What class/ fitness are you doing on monday then? I'm wanting to do body pump this afternoon.

So your seeing your CWPC are u planning on the 810 or 1000plan now? I have my final weigh in at 8:00am I hope it's a good one lol.
Hope u have a joyful weekend Mel and thank you for your support again xx

Hi Shanny,

I need to book both my CWPC appt and Zumba for Monday.

I am glad that you have not given up and are sticking with it. And I think it is great that "Diverster" found your post in which you talk about how "prefect" you felt when you weighed one pound more than you do. I think we get so used to disliking ourselves, that even when "we're good' -- we think we're not.

So, enjoy where you are now, as well as, the journey to get where you want to be.

Hi Shanny,

I need to book both my CWPC appt and Zumba for Monday.

I am glad that you have not given up and are sticking with it. And I think it is great that "Diverster" found your post in which you talk about how "prefect" you felt when you weighed one pound more than you do. I think we get so used to disliking ourselves, that even when "we're good' -- we think we're not.

So, enjoy where you are now, as well as, the journey to get where you want to be.

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: Mel you are so right, it's like you have known what i have been thinking..lol:):) big hugs.xx

Hi MM! I just had to remind her that she wrote that back in February, when I found it in my diary, it felt such a powerful and personal realisation back then! More amazing that she was now already there! :D xx

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins

Hi MM! I just had to remind her that she wrote that back in February, when I found it in my diary, it felt such a powerful and personal realisation back then! More amazing that she was now already there! :D xx

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins
Ok OK OK charl you've made your point.. lol lol x

Hey Mel - Sounds like you're busy and I'm not surprised you felt stressed about DS meeting the deadline - I started feeling slightly nauseous reading that - I'm no good at being late - stresses me out no end. My DH on the other hand doesn't believe in timescales - he's perfectly happy to turn up an hour late to a dinner party etc - by which time I'm nearly in tears having texted the hosts several times apologizing etc. They all know what he's like though so tend to tell us to arrive an hour before they really want us to arrive :D.

Hope you enjoyed the BBQ! Would have loved to have one but DH is out and it feels like too much of a faff for the 3 of us. We've had a soak in the hot tub though so at least got some garden time...

Take Care xxx

morning mel, hope your having a good weekend

What I was (and will be) doing yesterday and today in stead of just eating...

Saturday, May 21st

The world did not come to end as some have predecited, so I guess I will need to once again work on getting myself back on track. No easy out!

Yesterday, I had a lazy day, but managed to get DH and DD (along with DD's BFF) out of the house and to the cinema on the AF Base. We watched "Mars Needs Moms". It was a cute (albeit sexist) film, and I enjoyed watching the footage at the end of the film that showed how the CGI was acomplished.

Other than that -- I watched tv, did some reading, chores, made dinner, talked to a couple of friends, helped DD with homework and tried not to eat. I am trying to use CD and SB in combination for my own version of CD810/1000

Sunday, May 22nd, 2011

Lately, (after being on holiday so much) it is hard to not nibble: I caught myself picking at the girls' popcorn. I, finally, let myself have a few kernals to satisfy my craving and somehow managed to stop. I think it was a good work out for my "Resistance Muscle" as I have been exercsing my "Giving In Muscle" a lot.

I also need to make sure I have my water EVERY DAY. I have been drinking way too much diet coke and that is bad for my body and teeth. The planned fitness is still an issue. I know that planning is key -- for food, fitness, water, etc. and I need to do this.

Anyway, DD needs to practice her bike riding for her "test" tomorrow. She has been doing a bicycle safety course and needs to demonstrate starting, stopping, signalling, turning from a busy road to a side road, and the reverse. Lots to remember and practice. She completed her workbook yesterday. We will review it, then go up to the base with her brother's bike (as hers is at school) and practice.

After the riding practice, I will go by the Bowling Centre and see if my future "coachee" is working. DD wil drop off an anklet she made for her (as a late birthday gift) and I will give her the Beck Book, Workbook, bookmarks, Notecards, Journal and pen. I will ask her to start reading the book today or this evening -- and journaling her thoughts. I may stay and bowl with DD, not exactly calorie burning but it is something.

As far as the Beck goes, it can be just section a day (they are usually just a couple of pages) and then writing a paragraph about what she thinks/feels. Then, when she gets to making her ARCs, I'll ask her to show them me as she creates them. We can compare hers to mine, and those that some people have posted on this forum. I think that people have trouble being specific and honest when they create these. I know that I went back and revised some of mine after I became more comfortable with the concept.

In fact, Alli (Herewego) mentioned that she was considering starting a new journal in Gold Members' section and I think that is a good idea. It is accessible only to members with a higher level of posts (participation) and it can be focused on whatever is her plan at the time. So, whether she is using CC, WW, SW, CD, etc. it is not in the "wrong" forum. (Although, I think that this does not matter, because if you are ssing and have difficulty with food being mentioned -- there is the Strictly SS forum).

So, I (like Alli) will probably start a diary there and I think it will be my "Whatever it Takes" diary... with a lot of emphasis on Beck at least to start. I KNOW that in order to lose the weight and keep it off -- I have to make permanent changes to how I manage my food and fitness.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

M

Yup I'll join you - when I've posted another 300 odd posts...Will need to take this seriously if I'm going to qualify as a gold member this year! ;)

ooh me too i want to come with you guys, i seemed to have rather a lot of posts, spent far too much timeover the last 3 yrs! oops!...but not nearly as many as you Mel!!!

Have I got 1500 posts? :) Would I be able to come and play?

Oooh, yes I have!

Good grief, have I really posted here that much????

Good plan with the Gold members diary, Mel. Got me thinking now...

I have loads to go :( I've spent some time on the Chit Chat forum but it just takes forever...Mel how about you donate some of your posts to me ;)

Back