MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

morning mel, hope your having a good weekend x

Hi CP,

We are in the about the same place. I am not quite 5'4" and about 145lbs. I want to lose another stone -- so, I am thinking of joining WW soon, losing the last stone and becoming a lifetime member or whatever they call it. Then, I think as long as you stay within 3 pounds of your goal weight and weigh at least once a month you do not have to pay for the meetings. (Kind of like attending AA meetings to stay on track once you are sober.)

Mel
Heyy lovely Mel.. i think this is a wise step to take, as i said last week sometime, when i was choosing a new plan. The new pro points look as if it's worth giving a shot and losing the weight u will own a pretty gold card and will never have to pay again once you don't go over your target weight by 5 lbs.!
But do have to go to a meeting atleast 6 times a year to get your weighed.!

so Mel you want to weight 9.7? or 9stone? i have 9.7 in my head but dont think that will go down will with friends/family lol.!

wishing the you best and lot's of hugs.xx

@Alli -- I think you and I are in a similar place. I have not joined the gym, but I do have a pre-paid fitness class pass that I am not using atm. I am also not drinking my water or sticking to my plan very well. I will be lucky to have a STS this week. I, too, have my Beck out and am going to try to get focused.

@Shanny -- I would love to weigh 9 stone... but as I am in my late 40s it probably would not look too good. I have a thin face for my frame, so it is truly a case of "choosing between my ar$e and my face." I weighed 133 when I arrived in the UK in 1994 -- so, I want to weigh that or less. That is a BMI of under 25. It feels and looks pretty good when I am working out (toned).
Thanks for the Ww specifics. I have volunteered to become a diet a coach for a mother and daughter who are going to join WWs. So, I will join with them and then continue to go once I am at goal and maintaining to support them. We are all planning to join the local gym and work out a schedule of classes that we can attend together (figuring that if you are going with someone you feel more 'obligated' to attend).

@ Claire -- Happy Weekend to you and kaya, too. My DD is a bit boreed, but I am focused on trying to get some of this Spring Cleaning, decluttering, tossing out, etc. done. Especially, since DD and I will packing up and heading off for a few days of sun (again).

I am probably going to cancel my CWPC meeting (Monday morning) as I have made last minute plans to go to Majorca with some other American mums this week. We are doing a mother/daughter trip Wednesday through Saturday. One of the DDs will turn 21 on the Thursday (the girl I will "diet coach"), the other DD is 17 and graduating from High School in a few weeks, and then my DD is only 12! But, I am sure they'll all enjoy the break, as will the mums.

I feel very irresponsible and self-indulgent doing this so close to my trip back to the U.S. and during term time, but as the school is not having my DD take the SATs (she can be exempt from the tests due to her Statement) and that is what the other children will be doing this week... she isn't missing anything a value. (She'll miss out on a gymnastics session and bike safety lesson -- at the most.)

dont feel bad about taking your daughter out of school. as you said shes unlikely to be doing much due to the sats, there likely to put her in a younger class just so she has something to do.
life skills for our special children sometimes takes presidence and an experience like that will be good for her
i take kaya out of school for our holidays. its better for madam as theres less children about so the noise and proximity of the others doesnt stress her out and set off a meltdown

American Mother's Day -- May 8th 2011.

My son was due on this date 20 years ago... but he was overdue and not born until the 15th. So, this is my 19th Mother's Day with my own child(ren).

Anyway, I had written a long post about my day so far... but it was lost. So, suffice to say that it has been a nice Mother's Day and that I am looking forward to my Mother/Daughter trip later this week.

I hope that everyone is having a good weekend -- the sky has cleared here, so we go out for a long dog walk or something else in a bit.

MinnieMel

Hey Mel,
How are you doing? hope you are well and looking forward to your lovely impromptu trip to majorca, should be lovely and hot there now! Lucky you!

well done on the sts after the hols i think thats an amazing achievement, wish i could just sts the same over the weekends!! things tend to go awry over bank holidays but i am back to concentrating on doing the right thing its taken a good few days to settle into though but water was the key i think and lots of readily available boiledn chicken to have instead of the carbs i'm craving, i'm avoiding scales for a bit too, making me crazy!
Reading my ARC's again and bringing the beck rules back in slowly but surely too, so easy to let them slide don't you think.
i'm in the same exercise situation as Alli got a membership to a lovely gym hardly using it though...keep planning to go so maybe it will happen soon!
Hope you enjoy your girlie trip, i'm very jealous!!
xxx

Hi Lelly,

I am going to have to really get back into Beck. I know it helped me "plan fitness" before and I having trouble getting that part of my programme back on track. The food is not as big a struggle since my DH is so good with his South Beach (he has now lost over 3 stone since January 2nd).

I hope you have a good week -- and can force yourself to use that membership. I know that once you start going, it'll get easier and easier. It is the "starting" that is so difficult. Especially when you have been away and are "catching up" with everything else.

Mel

you are so right Mel, its the getting there once, i know once i get a routine i'll be ok but need that kick up the butt to get me going!

well done to your DH by the way south beach sounds good, not read that one but did an Atkins stint years ago which i loved but didn't lose much weight on unfortunately, think the high fat of Atkins just didn't work for me, what the gist of SB? is it low carb, low fat?

ooh just found a good SB site with all the details will have a good read.

A girly holiday will be lovely, hope you have a lovely time :)

hey mel, hope your having a good morning

What I am (and will be) doing instead of just eating today...

Monday, May 9, 2011

I should really change today's title to the bad thing I ate today... but I made a concious choice to eat it and now will have to pay the piper (really be good for a few days to make up for it).

Anyway, CFF and I took another lady out to lunch today to celebrate her 50th birthday (which was last Friday). It was lovely restaurant and meal (I made a good meal choice: a prawn salad dish), but I had some dry sparkling white wine (not too bad), and where I really went wrong was that I had a chocolate torte for dessert (very, very bad).

The other ladies were hesitating about having dessert, and I knew that if I ordered one then they would (and it was a "big birthday"). This is one of those rare occasions where I will go ahead and do the socially acceptable thing at the expense of my "programme". But, I have not been all that committed or focused lately, so I was really out of line with this. (And, I ate it all... did not even do the Beck "leave some on your plate".)

So, I will be putting myself in "Diet and Fitness Rehab" starting on the 16th. I just hope that I will not do too much damage between now and then.

Other than the lovely meal out -- I worked on Spring Cleaning the kitchen. Loads to do still, but little by little I am making progress.

I need to get things sorted and packed tomorrow, run some errands and catch up on chores.

We leave Wednesday afternoon and return late on Saturday. I doubt I'll be on Minimins there, as I do not think the wifi is free or readily accessible. (It was at the resort in Texas.)

Time to clear up after dinner (DS was still grazing long after we all left the table).

Hi Mel, Your lunch sounds lovely and I am sure your little dessert won't have done any damage. Remember, 3,500 extra calories to make 1lb of fat. Sometimes you have to let go on the odd special occasion. As long as you enjoyed it and don't beat yourself up then no harm done and you'll be back on your programme very soon and on to target xxx

Monday, May 9, 2011

I should really change today's title to the bad thing I ate today... but I made a concious choice to eat it and now will have to pay the piper (really be good for a few days to make up for it).

Anyway, CFF and I took another lady out to lunch today to celebrate her 50th birthday (which was last Friday). It was lovely restaurant and meal (I made a good meal choice: a prawn salad dish), but I had some dry sparkling white wine (not too bad), and where I really went wrong was that I had a chocolate torte for dessert (very, very bad).

The other ladies were hesitating about having dessert, and I knew that if I ordered one then they would (and it was a "big birthday"). This is one of those rare occasions where I will go ahead and do the socially acceptable thing at the expense of my "programme". But, I have not been all that committed or focused lately, so I was really out of line with this. (And, I ate it all... did not even do the Beck "leave some on your plate".)

So, I will be putting myself in "Diet and Fitness Rehab" starting on the 16th. I just hope that I will not do too much damage between now and then.

Other than the lovely meal out -- I worked on Spring Cleaning the kitchen. Loads to do still, but little by little I am making progress.

I need to get things sorted and packed tomorrow, run some errands and catch up on chores.

We leave Wednesday afternoon and return late on Saturday. I doubt I'll be on Minimins there, as I do not think the wifi is free or readily accessible. (It was at the resort in Texas.)

Time to clear up after dinner (DS was still grazing long after we all left the table).

Chocolate torte is not bad. Chocolate torte is lovely. :D :D

Please don't be so hard on yourself, Mel. You are occasionally allowed to enjoy the odd treat, you know. And I'm hoping that it really was yummy and not just so-so. And I bet you burned off quite a few of the calories in it with all that Spring cleaning!

What I am and will be doing today...

Thanks Yang, Lily and Jess --

You are right... if I just do not continue to eat treats (and the torte was lovely) then I should be able to hold my own until Monday and my "rededication".

I have to give a "shout out" to my CWPC. When I emailed to cancel my appt. on short notice and told her about my holiday, struggle to get on track (esp. with regard to working out), and my volunteering to be someone's diet coach for WWs, etc. she was so supportive.

She emailed back her fitness class schedule and invited me to join her at her classes. She suggested that I have my "coachee" look at Slimming World over WW, and (as I had mentioned wanted my coachee to use CD to get a large amount of the weight off quickly) -- she said that she was available to provide advice and support whenever.

I am hoping that my committing to help my Coachee with help me to recommit to my own programme.

I need to get busy with the chores, packing, errands, etc. I hope everyone is having a good day.

Mel

What a fab CDC you have! Have a brilliant break and btw I am most envious of the choc torte - sounded gorgeous!

xxx

What a fab CDC you have! Have a brilliant break and btw I am most envious of the choc torte - sounded gorgeous!

xxx
Lol, reminds me of a conversation I was having many years ago with Jess' grandad (FIL) I asked him what the difference was between a torte and a tart and he replied, quick as a flash, "I don't know but I wouldn't mind a taut tart!!"

Made me laugh :8855:

Hope you have a great few days away! I'm not jealous.... much!

Back