My weightloss diary :)

Hello

Yes- here are a few suggestions for you. Bear in mind that you don't 'have ' to eat toast or cereal for breakfast anyway - have what you fancy...

As V says - swap to sweet potatoes. Yes they are a carb but full of the good stuff. Roast them with peppers, butternut squash, mushrooms, whatever you fancy really. Maybe some cherry tomatoes. Drizzle in oil and serve with feta cheese or goats cheese or shredded chicken etc

Train yourself to leave out the carbs! I like stir fries and couldn't envisage a time where I could possibly eat one without the noodles! I managed it though! I have them with cubes of feta or a handful of nuts and I up the protein

Can you eat eggs? I'm not a fan but can eat an omelette. These are great for filling you up, fill with ham or a little cheese

Try porridge with grated pear and berries

But mainly bear in mind that SW is carb central and some of their advice is just not in line with what we now know about nutrition. I like the principles behind it but always struggle with the concept of 'eat as much pasta and rice as you want '

I like sweet potatoes. Will get some tomorrow. I had porridge the other day with chopped banana was yummy and made me feel full for ages I know in slimmimg world pasta is "free" but I only cook myself 100g (cooked weight) I find that is plenty for me. Same goes for potato. I go to town with meat though. I'm African lol it's in my blood :) I can't eat eggs or veggie/sunglower oils I got very bad jaundice when I was little and got liver failure and if I eat them my tummy just can't cope make me feel very poorly. Gutted cause lots of recepies from slim world are egg friendly. Thanks for the suggestions I'm up for any advice and help
Going. Xx

New day walking a bit more than normal so today it's walking to a big park with Olympics showing!

Breakfast melon pineapple banana
Lunch green salad with ham and onions
Dinner diet coke chicken with rice and side salad
H ex a milk
H ex b
Syns galaxy 15.

Normally the worst thing ever for me would be a salad for lunch but when it's hot I don't feel like eating much :) x

With carbs, the slower they release the sugars, the better. They'll give you energy for longer and you won't get cravings so fast. Try wholewheat instead of white bread.

Hmmm, so if you can't use Veg oil, the coconut.might be a great alternative for you :) shame about the eggs tho. Couldn't live without them!

How are you with pulses (lentils, peas, beans), they can make a lovely alternative as well.

FionaMcd said:
New day walking a bit more than normal so today it's walking to a big park with Olympics showing!

Breakfast melon pineapple banana
Lunch green salad with ham and onions
Dinner diet coke chicken with rice and side salad
H ex a milk
H ex b
Syns galaxy 15.

Normally the worst thing ever for me would be a salad for lunch but when it's hot I don't feel like eating much :) x

Really? I just had the nicest salad for my lunch, with chicken and goats cheese. yum...

We have nice weather so gonna go for a walk this evening.

Just got back from a 2 hour walk had big salad with prawns with a little bit of lemon juice on.
I'm not a lover of beans except green beans don't normally eat bread when I do it's brown or seeded never white :) x

Ooh the salad sounds nice :)

One thing I've started doing with most meals is have side salad, just keep a few of those mixed bags handy, throw some cherry tomatoes on and do a quick vinegrette(olive oil, balsamico bianco and dried herbs)

Adds some colour,too.

I'd rather be outside walking than sitting in the stupid office, fixing other people's mistakes......grrrrr

Ugh yes the office dramas i do not miss in the slightest!! I love staying home with my baby girl :) the salad was awesome topped off with a banana. I don't tend to eat dressing sometimes have a little lemon juice. Dinner always has at the very least third of plate salad or veg. Had the oats this morning was yummy :) x

Have a nice full tummy from dinner after a cuppa and shower I'm going to sit with my chocolate and relax. Yay fi time :)

Oh my gosh I have really disappointed myself this week twice I have gone over my syns allowance massively well I feel really sick this morning and it was totally my own fault. My food is fine but it's the snacks I'm having a problem with. I'm so gutted :(

What snacks are you having and when are you having them?

My suggestion would be to try a day of three filling meals and tell yourself that today you will not snack at all

Oat and honey bars :) we literally have hundreds of them. It's always at night. During the day I'm doing great x

Today was a good day :)

Breakfast banana
Lunch none was out in town
Dinner slimming world chicken chow mein with big side salad
H ex a milk
H ex b
Syns galaxy 15

Have had 1.5 ltrs of water and done 2 half hours of walking with the pram.

Whew I'm ready for bed :) x

Breakfast oats with chopped banana
Lunch
Dinner chicken pasta with chopped tomatoes and lots of veg
H ex a milk
H ex b oats
Syns galaxy 15

Will be trying out the new market in town hopefully be able to pick up a couple of fruit and veg bargains!!! :)

Did a bit of exercise today so hopefully that burned off some of my extra syns :) weigh in tomorrow fingers crosse for any kind of loss or a stay the same!! X

Eeek it's weigh in day. I'm really hoping for a loss today. I did a lot of walking to help counteract those extra syns I had this week. I know that's not how slimming world works and all that but I needed to do something :) x

I've decided to take measurements as well luckily I write everything down :) so since starting in December till now....

Bust Dec 39. Aug35.5
Hips Dec 43.5. Aug40.5
Waist. Dec 33. Aug 28.5
L thigh. Dec 27. Aug24.5
R thigh. Dec 27. Aug24.5

Yay 2lb loss :)

Breakfast orange
Lunch oats with chopped banana
Dinner pork steak with sw wedges and salad

Syns galaxy 15
H ex a milk
H ex b oat and 2hifi lights

I think I'll do success express so far I've had more super free than free..

Last edited:
Somehow I am clinging onto being good by the skin of my teeth!! My daughter has been extremely trying past few days I'm exhausted and not quite off star week. Ugh I determined though so I shall take myself off to bed early to avoid the sweeties!!!!

Back