Olivia Isabel and grandad

She's really grown up hasn't she Ber-ber!! ;)

Ah.... what a little honey-pie and what a HUGE puddy cat!!!!

Poor Charlie Bren. :)

He's a very good cat to be so calm beside a little one x

Well, at least he doesn't pick her up by her nappy and carry her around like Max does. :D

So will Max be joining you on the naughty step Jim x

He seems to have this instinct to guard her, strange as Labs aren't really guard dogs are they.

I'll see what I can do Linz. :)

they are very family orientated though Jim x

That is sad Linz. Max is 2 years old so they should get a few years together, and Charlie is only 3 which is nothing in cat terms really.

a dog is a must for young children, teaches them all sorts of responsibilities, and they're good to play with. :)

I was posting a sad story about kids not appreciating non human lives then decided it wasn't really relevant. I guess what I mean is kids appreciate animals when they have their own to love and care for.

My kids grew up with cats. My first cat met the baby on day one as it was the baby entering HER home. I didn't stop the cat coming into the baby's room - that way I always assumed there was a cat to bring out when I left and shut the door so there was no scope for accidents. There was almost always a cat next to the changing mat when I changed a nappy and trying to sleep at the foot of the bouncing chair and giving "the look" as it bounced up and down. When the baby began crawling she would put herself in the way and if she didn't like the attention she would move. Later she would bop the offending hand without claws - almost as if the baby were a human kitten that had to be taught what was allowed and what was not. My kids had respect for animals and animals seemed to love them, especially my son who was always a magnet for all kinds of animals x

We call our 2 dogs "the kids" and always have (they'll be 9 in May). Layla calls them that too. She also refers to them as her bruvver and sister and defends them if they get told off. I have such a good picture from when she was little in her bouncy chair and they were little a pair of guard dogs either side. I'll try and upload it, hold on!

This is the one I thought of, but I found some more cute ones here, here and here.

Back