One SW day at a time

Mint whiskey sounds like the Devil's own work to me. Blee!

Ruby - that pasta bake is lush! Really filling and cheesy - and LOADS per portion. Which suits me as I'm greedy.

I get my harissa paste from Sainsbury's and I would say it's medium hot, but I do have a high tolerance to spice - you can always cool it down with a little greek yogurt or lemon juice? I've got to say that the mackerel was absolutely delicious - oily fish can really take some strong flavours

Thanks, I don't mind hot, but not mega hot, I'll buy some next time I'm in the Asian shop ;)

Friday!

WI day!

:scale:

2.5lb off! Hoorah! I'm chuffed.

I was amazingly good last night. I met my lovelies and regaled them with my tales of my break-up, I chose salmon and new potatoes for my meal, had two vodka and diet cokes and a de-caff black coffee - got on the train and went home. :innocent0002:

So, the start of a new SW week and I'm going hardcore SP. I'm quite excited to give it a go - I'm hoping to do a full week, but I've got some provisional plans in for tomorrow with my friend who's supposed to be coming to stay at mine and drink many cocktails (but I'm hoping he's forgotten, he can be a bit flaky), so that might be a bit of a wash out.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - Roasted vegetable couscous (B for oil), chicken and salad

Dinner - Salmon, new potatoes, green beans and peas. There was a bit of a buttery juice in the bottom of the bowl so I'm going to call it 6. 2 x vodkas (6)

Snacks - Melon and grapes

Total syns - 12

On The Agenda - Work, Walk at lunchtime if it isn't hammering down, food shopping, home, Broadchurch Ep1 S2 (squeeeee!), dinner, bed early as I had yet another night of crappy sleep.

Woo Hoo! Well done on that loss - great news.

You're braver than me - trying the SP plan! The most radical I can contemplate going with carbs is to do a few Red days :D

Well done on the loss! I'm not sleeping well at the moment too. Hope you have a better nights sleep tonight though.

Well done on the loss!
Be interesting to see what you come up with for SP!:)
I had an early night last night because of previous lack of sleep nights before , think it may have something to do with the going back to work routine...

Saturday!

interesting to read that others are also struggling with their sleeping patterns! I think part of it must be do with the Christmas break.

So, interesting first day on SP yesterday. I did feel hungrier than usual, but I think that was purely psychological - although I have been hitting the comforting carbs quite hard lately, so maybe it was that. OR it was the usual story of porridge for breakfast = STARVING ALL DAMN DAY.

Good day at work, didn't get a walk at lunchtime as emergency followed delivery, followed emergency. :rolleyes:

A good 100% day on the new plan was achieved!

Yesterday - EESP!!

Breakfast - Porridge (B) with apricots (S) and 1tsp syrup (0.5), coffee with almond milk (half A)

image.jpg

Lunch - Tuna (P) and cottage cheese (P) salad (S)

image.jpg

Dinner - Cajun chicken (P), smoked paprika spiced celeriac chips (S), sautéed cavolo Nero (S). (B for oil, 2 Syns for Franks hot sauce)

image.jpg

Snacks - Pear, apple, cooked chicken. Most of my favourite fruits are off the menu this week - I did enjoy my pear though!

Syns - 2.5

On The Agenda - Looks like my buddy has forgotten about our plans, and I'm not in the mood to remind him (bad friend = good SWer), so I'm going to fill my day with cooking, pottering, nail frippery, Homeland watching (crazily into this now - might give SOA a bash as well) and general relaxation.

Happy Saturday!

Last edited:
Sunday

Good day yesterday, 100% on plan. My buddy texted me at 6 and said "whoops, I'm meant to be at yours in half an hour!!" I told you he's flaky! :D. Re-arranged for next week, which is fine by me. I just wanted/needed to get a couple of weeks of full on-plan focus out of the way before I start messing about a bit.

Yesterday - EE SP

Breakfast - WW sausages (1), beans (P), mushrooms (S), 0.5 tsp oil (1), Frank's Hot Sauce (1)

image.jpg

Lunch - Tomato and fennel soup (S) (0.5)

162956d1420962902t-one-sw-day-time-image.jpg

Dinner - Spicy chipotle burger (P), WM roll (B), celeriac chips, salad. (B for oil, 1 for ketchup)

162957d1420963197t-one-sw-day-time-image.jpg

Photos don't seem to be working at the moment. I'll edit them in.

Snacks - Pear, mini walnut whip (6.5)

Total Syns - 11

On The Agenda - No plans today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I do HEART celeriac. I saw you talking about cauliflower rice on your diary? I do mine in the microwave and it turns out pretty dry - I've also sort of 'stir fried' it with pilau seasoning before which was great.

You're up early considering you were out last night!!

I am very lucky to have an Actifry so I do them in that, but I always add some sort of spice - smoked paprika usually, but Cajun seasoning is nice as well.

i have done them in the oven before using the same method as just regular SW chips, but without the "bash em up a bit to make the edges fluffy" bit. I'm having celeriac roasties today and those will go in the oven. Definitely think it's worth using a couple of Syns for oil with them as the fry light doesn't quite do it for me. I'm loving having two B choices on SP and am using a good tbsp oil everyday and it's so worth it.

Why do men never get the hint. I had an ex like that who still randomly tries sending me friend requests on facebook despite the fact that his current girlfriend is pregnant with his child and I'm getting married! Hope your weekend of chilling has helped you relax. I'm not a big fan of celeriac, I just find the taste a little too sharp for my liking.

Monday!

The bestest thing about a quiet weekend (and an alcohol free one) is that Monday mornings don't make me want to throw myself in the river that runs alongside my office. :p

So another lovely, relaxing day yesterday - It was FAB. I did my nails PROPERLY - you know? Cuticle oil, waiting properly between layers of base/polish/top coat etc etc. *admires shiny, perfect nails*, popped out to see my auntie, did some cooking, watched a thing about Anne Boleyn (I've got a thing for history, especially the Tudors), did general pottering, watched the Antiques Roadshow and shouted at Fiona Bruce for her smuggy-smug-smug-face. Didn't sleep too well again, but nothing too dire. Hoorah!

Yesterday - EE SP

Breakfast - Pear, coffee with almond milk (3)

Lunch - Warm lentil (P), squash (S), watercress (S), Tomato (S) and feta (A) salad. Half B for oil

Dinner - Roast lamb (P), Roast celeriac (S), carrots (S), sprouts (S), cauliflower (S), Yorkshire pudding (2.5), Gravy (1.5). B for oil

Snacks - 1 x Alpen lemon drizzle (Half B)

Total syns - 7

On The Agenda - Work, home, BROADCHURCH, Bed

Back