Paleo here I come....

Slimmingbabe

I've been reading about paleo for a while. It sounds so healthy. I do have weight to lose (although I am in the healthy weight bracket now) but I mainly just don't want to count calories and worry about that. I have noticed that dairy gives me acne. I cut it out completely about 6 months ago and my skin has been brilliant. I've had mild acne since I was 13 and I'm 27. So that's pretty awesome.

Then I've just decided that most processed food do more harm than good.

I'm most worried about not being able to eat peanuts (peanut butter) and beans/lentils

So I begin tomorrow,

I am going to make a veggie omelette for breakfast, I have avocado/chicken so I'll do some sort of salad for lunch. Then I have loads of veggies and beef so I'm gonna do some sort of slow cooked casserole with a small amount of sweet potato.

I've been reading about paleo for a while. It sounds so healthy. I do have weight to lose (although I am in the healthy weight bracket now) but I mainly just don't want to count calories and worry about that. I have noticed that dairy gives me acne. I cut it out completely about 6 months ago and my skin has been brilliant. I've had mild acne since I was 13 and I'm 27. So that's pretty awesome.

Then I've just decided that most processed food do more harm than good.

I'm most worried about not being able to eat peanuts (peanut butter) and beans/lentils

So I begin tomorrow,

I am going to make a veggie omelette for breakfast, I have avocado/chicken so I'll do some sort of salad for lunch. Then I have loads of veggies and beef so I'm gonna do some sort of slow cooked casserole with a small amount of sweet potato.

Hi! Thats great that you found the cause of your skin problem.

I second CG for almond butter it is very yummy!

I used to eat a lot of beans and lentils pre-paleo but to be honest I don't really miss them (apart from a cracking 5 bean and lentil chilli I used to make :rolleyes:), I never realised how much they disagreed with me until I cut them out!

Hope your first day goes well, paleo requires a lot of planning but its a fab way of eating :)

Good luck! x

hey , and welcome , im sure youll never look back from this way of life , its not a quick fix diet but a way of being the best you possible for life , im on a journey now and trying to be less obsessed about when I reach there and more about the quality of life im having eating and living this way . I second what the others have said about nut butters to replace peanut butter but you could also try sunbutter (sunflower seed butter) this to me is most like peanut butter but does have a slight after taste you don't get with peanut butter .

Sorry to just jump in here but where do you guys buy your nut butters. I know holland and Barrett do a range, but I've not seen the supermarkets stocking them.

Been I Paleo for almost a month.follow the 80-20 principle. Love it, feel so healthy. Still eat diary and that works for me x,

Sainsbury sell both almond and cashew butters in the same place as the peanut butters :). By meridian - I like cashew butter best !

I make my own allot or but from healthfood store x

Back