The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

I picked up the new Extra Easy Express book on Tuesday and there was some really yummy recipes in it! I put it back down because I didn't really do EE that often - I'm enjoying it this week though so might get the book next week and give it a whirl more often! xx

Do have another look at it. Some of the recipes work with other plans - it's just the suggested accompaniment which makes it EE. They've also given Syn values for all plans, so if the recipe is a genuine EE one you can still decide if it's worth spending Syns on if you're doing a green or red day. I made a chicken, leek and tarragon recipe from it on Tuesday which was fine without the suggested rice to serve it with. I halved the recipe for (supposedly) 2 servings, but it gave 2 very generous portions.

Do have another look at it. Some of the recipes work with other plans - it's just the suggested accompaniment which makes it EE. They've also given Syn values for all plans, so if the recipe is a genuine EE one you can still decide if it's worth spending Syns on if you're doing a green or red day. I made a chicken, leek and tarragon recipe from it on Tuesday which was fine without the suggested rice to serve it with. I halved the recipe for (supposedly) 2 servings, but it gave 2 very generous portions.

Oh that's excellent! Thanks for the advise Patty. Our Consultant only had one book left, so hopefully it will still be there on Tuesday. If not, I'll get her to order one in for me x

OMG they look lush I love sugar puffs lol x

I've just had one of the marshmallow and vanilla yogurt bars and oh my God, they are sooo good!! Didn't think I would ever say this but they are nicer than rocky road HiFi bars even!!

If you don't want to count them as a HExB the chocolate and honeycomb ones are 2.5 Syns or the marshmallow and vanilla yogurt are 3 Syns.

I will definitely be going back to stock up - they are to die for!! x

I've just had one of the marshmallow and vanilla yogurt bars and oh my God, they are sooo good!! Didn't think I would ever say this but they are nicer than rocky road HiFi bars even!!

If you don't want to count them as a HExB the chocolate and honeycomb ones are 2.5 Syns or the marshmallow and vanilla yogurt are 3 Syns.

oo i want one now lol. I dunno where they would sell them Ill have to go on a hunt lol x

Nicer than Rocky road bars! Woop. I'm on it. Might have a flit round the cheap shops this weekend see if any available?

Thanks for the tip PS, I will defo go and buy these, this will fix my sweet cravings and they are fairly low in syns. :)

Kay xx

Honestly ladies, they are sooo nice!! I am going to go back tomorrow and buy a few more packets to stock up. I think they are going to be my new addiction! x

So are they one for a HEX B? Sounds lush, anything marshmallow gets me :p Will have a hunt (however at the moment my treat bag is overflowing!)

So are they one for a HEX B? Sounds lush, anything marshmallow gets me :p Will have a hunt (however at the moment my treat bag is overflowing!)

No, better than that! Two of either flavour count as a B choice! They are about the same size as the rocky road HiFi Light's but they are sooo much nicer :)

Ooh they sound yummy, thanks for posting about them I'm going to have a look tonight! x

Hi Kay! How are you doing? :) Ooh yum!! I love chilli, although I have to admit I often just through it together so it never ever tastes the same lol! Must give a "proper" recipe a go at some point. The book is fab! I've already seen lots of yummy recipes I want to try out. I've got my eye on a recipe for chicken and bacon rosti pots - they look a bit like a pie but it has a swede rosti on top instead of pastry. They look so yummy!! And there was a few others such as kofta kebabs, bean burgers and a yummy looking chicken traybake type thing. Definitely going to give some new recipes a whirl!! Thanks for your well wishes. Hope you have a great day! xx

The kofta kebabs are a winner I made them last week amazing !!!

Morning diary, happy Friday!

Not really a lot to report this morning. Having another EE day today, my third in a row! Normally I feel really deprived not being able to have a second lot of HEx's, but I've really enjoyed them so far.A

My bolognese last night from the Family Feasts cookbook was gorgeous! I had a portion and so did my dad. He's not following Slimming World but he really enjoyed it. There were two portions left over so I've frozen one and kept one in the fridge to have for tea again tonight - this time with a sweet potato rather than pasta.

Not sure what's for lunch today but I will update as I go along. This is how Friday is looking so far...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Strawberries (SS)
- Strawberry Danio Yogurt (1 Syn)
- Chocolate and Fudge Alpen Light (2.5 Syns)

Lunch:
- Boots Shapers Moroccan style Chicken Couscous Salad (2.5 Syns)
- Boots Shapers Lightly Salted Vegetable Crisps (5 Syns)
- 2 x Banana

Dinner:
- Baked Sweet Potato topped with Bolognese (Extra Lean Mince, Onion (S), Carrot (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Passata (S)) and Cheese (HExA). Served with Vegetables (Carrots (S), Cauliflower (S) and Broccoli (S))

Other:
- 2 x Honeycomb and Chocolate Honey Monster "Stix" (HExB)
- Original Soreen Lunchbox Loaf (4.5 Syns)
- Butterscotch Options Hot Chocolate (2 Syns)
- Bag of Haribo Sugar Free Bonissimo (6.5 Syns)
- Half a Lindor 'My Melting Moment' (3 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Low Low Grated Cheese
Healthy Extra B: 2 x Honey Monster "Stix"

Daily Syns: 27
Weekly Syns: 41.5 / 105

Last edited:
When I started doing green days I felt the same about the hex's! But now I really enjoy extra easy days again. Sometimes if I've had more extra easy days in a week I've had a better loss too, I know red days are probably the best for a boost but I can't live without carbs so I've never done one!

Ooh,, my cousin is going to darlo today so I've told her to do a semi chem trip ;) hope they have the strawberry ones! X

When I started doing green days I felt the same about the hex's! But now I really enjoy extra easy days again. Sometimes if I've had more extra easy days in a week I've had a better loss too, I know red days are probably the best for a boost but I can't live without carbs so I've never done one!

Ooh,, my cousin is going to darlo today so I've told her to do a semi chem trip ;) hope they have the strawberry ones! X

I love Red and Green days but I've been doing them for so long I thought my body could do with a bit of a shake up! Really would like a big loss on Tuesday after my big gain this week lol.

They are marshmallow and vanilla hun! But I've just been down to SemiChem to pick up some more and there were none left. Only the honeycomb and chocolate (I'm not that fussed on those ones, can take 'em or leave 'em). I'm going to try again on Monday x

You are making me so jel with these stix bars! I was even looking online for them and no such luck! x

This is a really dumb question. But do you have Tesco in Ireland? I googled them yesterday and Tesco Online seem to have them. Although that doesn't really help if you don't have one there :giggle: x

Back