Top Tips for Newbies

Pheonix2010 said:
about 3 or 4 hours to get a nice slush puppy consistency
longer if you want it rock solid

Thank you

oh my god saddlebag i love your goal 5!!!!

great tips!

Lately I've found setting ,myself a fitness challenge or target is helping keeping me distracted.

It's not weight related but I'll walk to pick my wee boy up from nursery, it's a hour long walk according to Google Maps, so I'll try to do it in less than a hour. I've managed to get it down to 40 minutes, next step would be to try for 35 minutes. This might mean running alternate 'between the lamp posts' to make it.

It doesn't have to be a timed thing, It could be, as someone else on here has a 100 push ups challenge, 100 squats challenge or maybe a hula hoop challenge.

I try to make it something not weight related so that I feel my whole focus isn't the 'diet' if that makes sense?

I'm still a newbie myself but I thought I'd add what I've learned in the first week;

1. If you're making up any of the meals in the microwave, do it it in a jug or large bowl. if your tiny serving of mushroom pasta boils over you will feel like licking the microwave plate so not to waste any - not a good look!

2. If you have to cook for your family/OH/friend etc, make them something similar to what you're having. Last night I had mushroom pasta and made my fella some pasta with mushrooms. If you're having chilli and cauli rice make them some chilli and rice. You won't feel as left out and sitting down to eat together is good, even if your portion is finished in 2 seconds lol.

3. If you're used to snacking in the evening, save a bar or your favourite milkshake until then.

4. Make sure you take your measurements before you start. I've lost 1.5" off my waist already and it's only day 7 :)

Good luck!

These are really great ideas - i love an ice lolly when i get back from the afternoon school run, so could easily make some of my shakes up like that to change things about! :)

Great thread! Im a yo yo dieter, im sure im not alone with that one but what has helped me in the past! is to write and for and against list! and while im losing weight instead of buying brand new sizes which i wont be in for long i bought a few trendy things from a charity shop and saved money up to go on a big shopping spree :) im afraid to say its maintaining the loss that i find the hardest! i lost 3.5stone a few months ago on a vlcd but months on and back to my old habbits here i am again! but hey ho onwards we go! keep positive it helps me! and take yourself off away from temptation

I just read this! It's just really helped me, getting into keto slower than i expected as was close to giving up, but it's only food I'm having enough to survive, the rest is in my head. I am picking at more protein but it's not toast, or pasta. So even just that is a massive step in the right direction! And it's got no carbs! X

- in my opinion the porridge tastes exactly the same whether you make it with milk or water , so save the milk and treat yourself to a milky coffee
Thank you - great tip that I will keep in mind, as I was wondering how to use my milk allowance...

Thank you - I was wondering how to use my milk allowance...

I use my milk allowance with my morning shake.
It's thick and creamy and really satisfying and fills you up till lunch x x

Hmm good one to keep in mind as it could help during the work week... but then I will have to drink black decaf coffee for the rest of the day... I was thinking of cutting my bar in half and have one piece mid morning (around the time the biscuit tins do the rounds in our department) and again at mid afternoon (before the long standing commute home). I will miss fruit :wave_cry: - no more fruit for me to snack on from the daily fruit baskets in the office. Did you miss fruit in the beginning?

Sorry just wanted to add- good luck for the last 6 pounds! I have just noticed that you are nearly at goal :D So many others like yourself on this forum really do motivate newbies as it shows the diet works if you follow it properly.x

Thanks RP that's nice of you comment.
Yes I did really miss the fruit in the beginning but once you start to see the scales going down you get motivated to carry on.
I only drink black coffee anyway so the milk allowance is really welcome in the shakes.
I'm ordering another batch for when I'm at goal to have as standby as I'll miss my morning fix (sad I know) :rolleyes:
I really hope you have a good week and an even better weigh-in x x

You dont have to have a pack at set meal times also Don't be worried to split yr packs if you want to mix it up a bit. I start my packs at midday having half a meal pack with half my veg and meat allowance folloed by half a bar and half a shake made into a pudding. At night 6 hrs later I might have another type of meal pack and another halfa bar from another packet

Eg yesterday I had macaroni cheese with mushrooms and chicken followed by half a coconut bar and half a crispy shake at midday. For tea I had half a cottage pie pack with leaks chicken spring onion and mushroom follow by half a choc fruits bar and half a crispy shake. In between I had lots of mint tea, one large cup of black coffee and a cup of liquorish tea. It's all good. As long as you stick to yr allowances you can eat the packs the meat and the veg how you like :)

Started Last week and need all the tips I can get my hands on. Thank you so much guys
xx

Great tips!

I blend my shakes with ice, and they taste just like a fast food milkshake - yum!

I have a sweet tooth, so can't wait to try the bars!

Back