Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

How did you find the weekly losses? Did u stick to 2000 cals on ur none fast days? I managed to do day 1 fast yesterday. I was hungry last night but not as bad as I thought I would be x

It was pretty slow weight loss to be honest - usually 1lb every couple of weeks but I never count calories on non fast days and I'm terrible at the weekends - we get take out every Friday and drink far too much wine. If I was better behaved I'm sure the losses would have been much better x

Thanks girls, well I'm sticking to 2000 cals on my rest days n see how I go on. Apart from when I have take away n drinks lol xx

Hello everyone! Do you mind if I join you?

I'm just into my second week of 5:2, having recently switched over from SW. Well, I say switched over - a lot of my eats are still SW friendly (it's kinda engrained after 3yrs). Anyway, after messing around with SW since May (and re-gaining almost 2.5st!!) I decided that perhaps I needed to try something totally new, and different in an attemp to find my motivation again I decided to try 5:2.

I weigh in on Monday mornings, and in my first week I lost 6lb! I know I'm not going to get those kind of losses every week, but it was a nice boost. And it's given me the motivation and encouragement that I was lacking. I'm now into my second week and onto my second fast day (I fast Tuesday's and Thursdays) - wish me luck!! xx

Hello everyone! Do you mind if I join you?

I'm just into my second week of 5:2, having recently switched over from SW. Well, I say switched over - a lot of my eats are still SW friendly (it's kinda engrained after 3yrs). Anyway, after messing around with SW since May (and re-gaining almost 2.5st!!) I decided that perhaps I needed to try something totally new, and different in an attemp to find my motivation again I decided to try 5:2.

I weigh in on Monday mornings, and in my first week I lost 6lb! I know I'm not going to get those kind of losses every week, but it was a nice boost. And it's given me the motivation and encouragement that I was lacking. I'm now into my second week and onto my second fast day (I fast Tuesday's and Thursdays) - wish me luck!! xx

Wow well done that's a fab loss. I only started Mon but having Fridays as my weigh day as my second fast day is Thursday's. Really hope it works as its so good not having to really think about diets on the other 5 days. Only problem this wk is time of month came yesterday so not
hopeful for much loss if any thing. Hopefully it will show next wk xx

Wow well done that's a fab loss. I only started Mon but having Fridays as my weigh day as my second fast day is Thursday's. Really hope it works as its so good not having to really think about diets on the other 5 days. Only problem this wk is time of month came yesterday so not
hopeful for much loss if any thing. Hopefully it will show next wk xx

Thank you very much! I was so happy to see such a big loss, although I know the losses will not be like that every week. It was the boost I needed though and it gave me the motivation to carry on with 5:2. It started off as a bit of an experiment, but second week in and I am already hooked!!

Are you weighing today then? Or are you waiting until next Friday?

Have a great weekend xx

Thank you very much! I was so happy to see such a big loss, although I know the losses will not be like that every week. It was the boost I needed though and it gave me the motivation to carry on with 5:2. It started off as a bit of an experiment, but second week in and I am already hooked!!

Are you weighing today then? Or are you waiting until next Friday?

Have a great weekend xx

I def need some motivation! Fast day didn't quite go to plan yesterday n ended up having dominos and drinks :-(, so looks like today will be my fast day. I'm going to weigh tomorrow now, altho i'm expecting to stay the same ( hope no gain). Xx

I def need some motivation! Fast day didn't quite go to plan yesterday n ended up having dominos and drinks :-(, so looks like today will be my fast day. I'm going to weigh tomorrow now, altho i'm expecting to stay the same ( hope no gain). Xx

Don't panic - you could still see a loss! Last Saturday, on my first week of 5:2, I had a night out with lots of alcohol and grabbed cheesy chips and mayo from the takeaway on the way home. And I still lost. So it can be done!

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Just do what you can :) xx

Don't panic - you could still see a loss! Last Saturday, on my first week of 5:2, I had a night out with lots of alcohol and grabbed cheesy chips and mayo from the takeaway on the way home. And I still lost. So it can be done!

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Just do what you can :) xx

Thanks hun, I'll prob see a better loss next wk with being on xx

Another 3.5lb gone for me this week, making it 9.5lb in my first two weeks. More than happy with that :D

I've made it through a fast day finally! Other half had a week off work last week so we didn't fast once and ate out/ drank wine quite a bit! Started afresh today! Just got into bed and I'm starving haha! Did the 30 day shed tonight as well - plan on doing that on the days when I can't get to the gym or go for a run! Really wanting to get fit and do a triathlon next year! Hope everyone else has had a good day x

I've made it through a fast day finally! Other half had a week off work last week so we didn't fast once and ate out/ drank wine quite a bit! Started afresh today! Just got into bed and I'm starving haha! Did the 30 day shed tonight as well - plan on doing that on the days when I can't get to the gym or go for a run! Really wanting to get fit and do a triathlon next year! Hope everyone else has had a good day x

Well done!! It's a fast day for me today and I'm so ready for it! Had a "treat" (within calories) last night following weigh in, and I'm actually feeling quite bloated now today. But nothing a fast day can't sort out! Good luck to anyone else fasting today xx

Hi how's everyone doing? Fast day looming for me tomorrow! Been quite bad the last couple of days had quite a bit of wine last night and had pizza express for dinner today! Doing my best to resist the open bottle of wine in the fridge at the minute? have done the 30 day shred workout for the last 3 nights and can definitely feel my muscles aching so hope it's doing some good. The gym I've joined opens this weekend as well - hoping to start spinning and running again - not done it properly since having kids the first few may kill me haha! Hope you've all had a good fast/ feast day x

Hi how's everyone doing? Fast day looming for me tomorrow! Been quite bad the last couple of days had quite a bit of wine last night and had pizza express for dinner today! Doing my best to resist the open bottle of wine in the fridge at the minute? have done the 30 day shred workout for the last 3 nights and can definitely feel my muscles aching so hope it's doing some good. The gym I've joined opens this weekend as well - hoping to start spinning and running again - not done it properly since having kids the first few may kill me haha! Hope you've all had a good fast/ feast day x

It's a fast day for me today too! I tend to fast Tuesday's and Thursday's when I'm busy at work and less likely to be thinking about food lol! Got a meal out (Nando's) planned tomorrow night and drinks out on Saturday but I'm going to be sensible and not go mad in the hope of another good loss when I weigh myself Monday morning! Happy fasting x

It's a fast day for me today too! I tend to fast Tuesday's and Thursday's when I'm busy at work and less likely to be thinking about food lol! Got a meal out (Nando's) planned tomorrow night and drinks out on Saturday but I'm going to be sensible and not go mad in the hope of another good loss when I weigh myself Monday morning! Happy fasting x

I'm starving already - been up with my little boy twice in the night and was hungry then! Aghh! Going to be a long day! Lots of water and diet coke for me today! Planning a beef stir fry for tea or maybe chicken kebabs with rice can't wait:) hope your day passes quickly just think of the nandos you can eat tomorrow:) we're having an Indian but ordered it from the supermarket rather than take out as we worked out we were spending at least £25 per week on take out disgraceful! other half is not happy at the prospect but I'm hoping it will still taste nice and win him over!

Another 4lb off for me this week!! I am blown away - that makes it 13.5lb in just 3 weeks!! :D

Another 4lb off for me this week!! I am blown away - that makes it 13.5lb in just 3 weeks!! :D

Amazing well done x x I've had a successful fast today after quite a heavy weekend! Just getting in bed now to avoid eating anything haha! Going to try not to eat til as late as possible tomorrow. Not sure how that's gonna work out coz I'm pretty peckish at the moment! Hope you're having a good day x x

Another fast day for me! Scales this morning show a 3lb gain so not very happy:-( I've been pretty good this week food wise - been trying not to eat til at Least lunch time even on non fast days so though skipping breakfast would have some benefit! Clearly not. I have been exercising though did the shred on Monday and went to my first spinning class since having kids last night so maybe some of the weight is water retention post exercise or something to do with stopping breast feeding. Who knows. Let's see how the scales are looking after today's fast! Having stir fry for tea later and just sticking to herbal tea, water and diet coke to get me through the day! Happy fast day to any others out there x

Another fast day for me! Scales this morning show a 3lb gain so not very happy:-( I've been pretty good this week food wise - been trying not to eat til at Least lunch time even on non fast days so though skipping breakfast would have some benefit! Clearly not. I have been exercising though did the shred on Monday and went to my first spinning class since having kids last night so maybe some of the weight is water retention post exercise or something to do with stopping breast feeding. Who knows. Let's see how the scales are looking after today's fast! Having stir fry for tea later and just sticking to herbal tea, water and diet coke to get me through the day! Happy fast day to any others out there x

Don't worry about what the scales say now, wait until weigh day. I bet they'll say something completely different then. Your weight can fluctuate a LOT throughout the week.

Another fast day for me today too, as I do Tuesday and Thursday. I've got a sugar free energy drink for "breakfast", a Tesco 5-a-day platter for lunch (cucumber, cherry toms, sugar snap peas, pineapple, and melon), and then a Tesco Healthy Living chicken with baby potatoes and vegetables ready meal for tea. Plus half of a cinnamon roll Quest bar for supper, bringing me to 490cals in total today with the odd bottle of Dr Pepper Zero thrown in there too.

Good luck!! x

Hope your fast day went well. I was back to 10st2 this morning so no loss but no gain either which I'm relieved about after thinking I'd gained 3lb! No fast now til Monday so enjoy the weekend and I'll check in next week:) (she says with glass of wine in hand!!) x

Back