Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Week four on 5:2 and I've lost another 2lb, which makes it 1st 1.5lb in total so far!

How is everyone else doing? xx

Well unexpected fast day for me today. Just wasn't particularly hungry so held off till about 4 when I had a couple of pieces of toast and a few mouthfuls of tuna pasta salad. I am feeling a bit hungry now but just put myself in bed so I'm not tempted to eat as I've made it to so late in the day! Question is whether to do my usual Thursday fast tomorrow? Quite tempted to give it a go as its my partners birthday on sat and its a pretty filled weekend with meals out and friends coming over etc! Maybe a 3rd fast will do me good. Will see how it goes! Wish me luck x

Well I did my first fast day today, I had melon and pineapple for brunch (115 cals) tesco healthy living braised beef and root veg mash with sweetcorn (315 cals) for tea, few cups of tea/coffee (50 cals) and a Heinz baby biscotti biscuit (20 cals) .... It's gone okay, have been abit moody and have a headache this evening but over all it wasn't too bad, cannot wait to eat tomorrow tho lol! Oh also feeling very tired - guessing my body just needs time to adjust? Going to have another fast day on Sunday before WI Monday!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done ladies on your fasts - sounds like a successful day all round!

It's my first fast of the week today, as I've switched from Tues & Thurs to Thurs & Sun.

Having fruit and a SF energy drink for brunch (123), a Tesco Healthy Living chicken with baby potatoes and vegetables ready meal for tea (280) and will have an original Soreen lunchbox loaf for supper (95).

Good luck to any other Thursday fasters out there!! x

Last edited:
Well done on your first fast tigger! Hope you get great results on Monday! I'm going for the fast today - so far just had a herbal tea! I am starving though and have a bit if a headache going yo try drinking lots of water to try and clear it! Been a bit lame on the exercising front thus week - missed a spin class by 5 mins coz of traffic last night then had grand plans to go to one at 715 this morning but after being up in the night with the little one I just didn't want to get out if bed!

Well I managed 2 fasts in a row woohoo! Down to 10st 1 this morning which is only 1lb loss but considering I was bad over the weekend and had dominos and wine on Tuesday I'm pretty happy with that:) to top it off my little one slept for 12 hours straight last night so doubly happy - hope it's a sign of full nights sleep to come:) happy Friday everyone

Another 2.5lb gone for me with 5:2 this week. That makes it 1st 4lb in 5 weeks, and means I've now also lost 10% of my 5:2 starting weight. Happy days!!

Right it's 5 weeks til Christmas and I need to get my bum in gear! Been fasting fine but other days I'm terrible (I'm blaming my partner he came home last night with pizza and wine and I now hate myself a lot!) do far too much snacking and been drinking far too much wine (in fairness I've only just been allowed wine again so I know it's partly excitement that I can drink again but it's getting a bit out of hand!) new start today! Fast day - planning no food til teatime as usual then need to decide on something to make to go with tuna steak. Need to up my exercise massively as well. Only made it to one spin class so far this month! Was going to go at 715 this morning but after a late night and then both kids waking up in the night I was just too knackered! May try and just go to the gym when they have both gone to bed tonight. Definitely need to be healthier on normal days! We eat quite healthy meals but eat a lot of crap in the evenings whilst watching tv! Sorry for the rant! Hope you are having a good day x x

Right it's 5 weeks til Christmas and I need to get my bum in gear! Been fasting fine but other days I'm terrible (I'm blaming my partner he came home last night with pizza and wine and I now hate myself a lot!) do far too much snacking and been drinking far too much wine (in fairness I've only just been allowed wine again so I know it's partly excitement that I can drink again but it's getting a bit out of hand!) new start today! Fast day - planning no food til teatime as usual then need to decide on something to make to go with tuna steak. Need to up my exercise massively as well. Only made it to one spin class so far this month! Was going to go at 715 this morning but after a late night and then both kids waking up in the night I was just too knackered! May try and just go to the gym when they have both gone to bed tonight. Definitely need to be healthier on normal days! We eat quite healthy meals but eat a lot of crap in the evenings whilst watching tv! Sorry for the rant! Hope you are having a good day x x

You can do it! It's a fast day for me today too, but MN is here and yesterday I couldn't stop eating! Stayed within my TDEE but I'm worried that I'll never survive today on 500cals. But we'll have to wait and see - I'll sure as hell be trying my best! Hope today goes well for us both, good luck xx

Morning ladies! Good luck for those doing fast days! 5 weeks till xmas eeeek, that will be here in no time, the days seem to be going really fast ATM, apart from fast 5:2 days (hehe, me and hubby call them slow days instead).
I started doing 30 day shred last night, determined to do it for the full 30 days to bring me to 20th December which is the day before my husbands works Xmas du! Can feel it this morning already, hoping I can push through the burn later!

Morning ladies! Good luck for those doing fast days! 5 weeks till xmas eeeek, that will be here in no time, the days seem to be going really fast ATM, apart from fast 5:2 days (hehe, me and hubby call them slow days instead). I started doing 30 day shred last night, determined to do it for the full 30 days to bring me to 20th December which is the day before my husbands works Xmas du! Can feel it this morning already, hoping I can push through the burn later! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yeah I keep starting the 30 day shred but make it to about day 6 then get thoroughly bored of it! Maybe I'll join you and start it again....! My littlest is having a nap right now I could in theory do it now but here I am lay in bed being a lazy so and so! To be fair I've done quite a bit of housework and washing in the half an hour he's been asleep so I've not been completely bone idle! So tired! May have a diet coke to perk me up! Not feeling the hunger yet which is good. I decided on a tuna and prawn salad for later but it's hardly salad weather! Might have to start making soups and stews for fast days.

Bit nervous about doing it on a fast day but hopefully I will manage it still! Yeah start it with me :) I've set a reminder for 6pm each day when my husband gets home, it only takes 20 mins so he can take baby in the other room while I do it....I could in theory do it while he naps too I suppose, prefer to do it in the evening though because then I can get a bath and my pjs on lol :)

Well I went to the gym this evening so not gonna do the shred. I think I will save that for days when I definitely can't do any other exercise - my other half goes climbing on a Monday and badminton on a Wednesday so will probably do it then for sure - I know I won't get the same effect but I'd rather keep it varied I think - I just won't stick to it! Did 15 mins on cross trainer, 15 on treadmill and 10 on the rowing machine. That's the first time I've used actual gym equipment for years! Much prefer classes when you are forced to do a set amount of exercise. - there's no escaping when you're trapped in a class haha! Tea was really nice had tuna steak with some baby roasts (cooked in fry lite) and made a kind of salsa with chopped tomatoes, onions, lime juice and chilli - was lovely and well under 500 cals! How old is your little one tigger? I've got two boys 2years and a 4 month old! Packed my running stuff for tomorrow when I'm at my dads - take advantage of babysitters for half an hour during daylight hours. Looking forwards to food tomorrow x

I almost died doing day 2 of 30 DS! Feels good though and im determined to keep at it, was really hard to push through the burn but im hoping that will get easier?!

My mother in law has gym equipment (treadmill, rowing maching, bike, cross trainer, weight bench and one of those vibro plates?) I really need to take advantage more often but ive not been in months!

I've got three, Grace is 7, Theo is 5 and Ollie is 17 months....im constantly on the go, school runs, playgroups, cleaning and tidying after everyone lol :) hectic but love the rewards of it all!

500 cal fast day tomorrow, really need to plan what to have for tea, got breakfast and dinner sorted... think i may have my usual of stir fry quorn chicken and stirfry sauce for tea as its low cals and filling

I almost died doing day 2 of 30 DS! Feels good though and im determined to keep at it, was really hard to push through the burn but im hoping that will get easier?! My mother in law has gym equipment (treadmill, rowing maching, bike, cross trainer, weight bench and one of those vibro plates?) I really need to take advantage more often but ive not been in months! I've got three, Grace is 7, Theo is 5 and Ollie is 17 months....im constantly on the go, school runs, playgroups, cleaning and tidying after everyone lol :) hectic but love the rewards of it all! 500 cal fast day tomorrow, really need to plan what to have for tea, got breakfast and dinner sorted... think i may have my usual of stir fry quorn chicken and stirfry sauce for tea as its low cals and filling

Wow 3 bet you never sit down haha! We definitely want a 3rd (would love a girl I'm very outnumbered at the minute!) but think I'm gonna have to wait til my eldest goes to school. Don't think I could cope with 3 all at home on my own haha! Good luck for your fast day tomorrow - stir fry is a fast day staple in this house! I'm hoping to hold off eating til lunch tomorrow but there's a tiger loaf in the kitchen so not sure I'll be able to resist breakfast!! Have a good day x

Morning 5:2'ers - how's everyones week been?

Weigh In for me this morning and I've lost another 1lb! Pleased with that as it's star week and I'm incredibly bloated! That now makes it 1st 5lb gone in 6 weeks.

Ready to have another great week and hopefully another nice loss next Monday!

Back